Thread: Former President Bush likens U.S. extremists to foreign terrorists

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    There is no evidence to show they'd actually kill anyone in Congress. Remember the guy with the horns? Just a few months before that he, along with others, got inside the Arizona state capitol. Difference there was, the legislators didn't run and hide from the protesters, they met with them. Horn guy didn't try to kill them then and wasn't going to kill anyone on Jan 6.

Also, it wasn't an "insurrection" it was a riot that lasted about three hours.

As for Antifa-- they attacked the Portland federal courthouse for months on a daily basis. BLM and Antifa in riots across the US burned down police stations, city centers, and caused billions in damage and injuries. They are truly domestic terrorists on an on-going basis.

It is Congress' responsibility to guard Congress, not the President's. Separation of powers and all that?
    Yet. There are the trials to come in 2024 of the militia leaders and a few others involved. As the last report noted, over 80% of the Insurrectionists were not connected to white supremacists and/or a militia group. That means about 20% were associated. Those fuckers will either go to trial or off themselves. They know they are facing ADX Florence. I expect well over 2/3s of the non-militia type to be mental cases. They'll plead out and serve some time and a lot of treatment for their actions.

Let's discuss the trial evidence, or the plea evidence which is more likely in all but the big fish, when it starts showing up next year and continues for years after.

The FBI is still hunting down a lot of these motherfuckers. Every time they catch one and the sucker pleads out or goes to trial, the nation is reminded how the Republican party stood behind the Insurrectionists. I expect about 20% of the hardcore militia to eat their own guns or commit suicide-by-cop.

Arrest all criminals. Is there a problem with the concept? Trump was President. Why did he fuck up the BLM and Antifa riots if they were as bad as you are suggesting? No wonder he was voted out of office, eh? LOL

Why did McCarthy call the President? What was the Chain of Command problem in sending in reinforcements even if you put the entire blame for the Insurrection on Pelosi?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-14-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Yet. There are the trials to come in 2024 of the militia leaders and a few others involved. As the last report noted, over 80% of the Insurrectionists were not connected to white supremacists and/or a militia group. That means about 20% were associated. Those fuckers will either go to trial or off themselves. They know they are facing ADX Florence. I expect well over 2/3s of the non-militia type to be mental cases. They'll plead out and serve some time and a lot of treatment for their actions.

Let's discuss the trial evidence, or the plea evidence which is more likely in all but the big fish, when it starts showing up next year and continues for years after.

The FBI is still hunting down a lot of these motherfuckers. Every time they catch one and the sucker pleads out or goes to trial, the nation is reminded how the Republican party stood behind the Insurrectionists. I expect about 20% of the hardcore militia to eat their own guns or commit suicide-by-cop.

Arrest all criminals. Is there a problem with the concept? Trump was President. Why did he fuck up the BLM and Antifa riots if they were as bad as you are suggesting? No wonder he was voted out of office, eh? LOL

Why did McCarthy call the President? What was the Chain of Command problem in sending in reinforcements even if you put the entire blame for the Insurrection on Pelosi?
    None of them to date, not one is charged with attempted murder of any sort. It's that simple.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Racists and other assorted assholes will always exist among human beings. Every generation has them. The difference here is that these fucking racists have already murdered Americans and are trying to murder more. All in the name of Freedom, of course. Freedom with them in charge. LOL
    The American right:

So misguided. So shallow. So lacking in vision. So hooked on right wing extremist talk pundit propaganda.

America is already great. I don't care what the fear-driven depressed mixed up right wing says.

Immigrants create their own jobs by working hard, being consumers, contributing to the economy, creating demand, creating jobs.

Diversity is the awesome beauty of great America.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Never more true than right now, today. right here in beautiful, great America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Yep, extremists like Antifa, BLM, and the like are a threat to the country. Far moreso than the miniscule group of similar thugs on Right are...
    That of course is profoundly wrong. Trumpys were trying to overthrow the government. They were going to hang the VP. They were going to kill politicians. They succeeded in delaying the certification of the electoral college. This was simply the worst threat to the American experiment since the war of 1812. They trashed the capitol bldg and wiped feces on the walls. How much more could they show they hate America?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-15-2021)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    That of course is profoundly wrong. Trumpys were trying to overthrow the government. They were going to hang the VP. They were going to kill politicians. They succeeded in delaying the certification of the electoral college. This was simply the worst threat to the American experiment since the war of 1812. They trashed the capitol bldg and wiped feces on the walls. How much more could they show they hate America?
    While those burning Bush's 9/11 Islam "death to the infidels" patriot act "man is God" health care plan granted standing by SCOTUS Rehnquist insuring whatever 9/11 was to be as higher than a National Archives US Constitution, stolen & burned by Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate WW II Mengele "Angel of Death" concentration camp baptize thine eyes by urinations rendering Arab flying carpet terrorists as law of the land in lieu of one nation under God.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

None of them to date, not one is charged with attempted murder of any sort. It's that simple.
    Agreed. No sedition, treason or insurrection charges either....yet. LOL

Care to wager whether some come about before the 2024 election?

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep, extremists like Antifa, BLM, and the like are a threat to the country. Far moreso than the miniscule group of similar thugs on Right are...
    All criminals should be prosecuted. Why Trump didn't prosecute the "Antifa, BLM, and the like" is a mystery to me. He had four years, right? How much time did he fucking need?

As for the Capitol Insurrectionists, those fuckers screwed themselves by leaving electronic fingerprints from the shitstains in the Capitol to their individual Facebook pages.

The big irony? Trump told them to do it....and they did!

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is simple when it is over. There are over 600 cases, yet you presume to know what will happen in each and every case.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is simple when it is over. There are over 600 cases, yet you presume to know what will happen in each and every case.
    I can read the list of people that have been charged, and the charges they have been hit with. What are you going on, wishes that they get charged like you'd want?

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can read the list of people that have been charged, and the charges they have been hit with. What are you going on, wishes that they get charged like you'd want?
    Wrong. I am simply saying that you are presuming knowledge not yet known of the basis of the very few you read. You have not read the list.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong. I am simply saying that you are presuming knowledge not yet known of the basis of the very few you read. You have not read the list.
    I've gone through that list many times since the riot because of someone saying something stupid about it. No one on it so far has been charged with terrorism, insurrection, attempted murder, or sedition. If someone was to be charged with one or more of those very serious crimes, they'd get hit with it up front, not months after initial charges were filed.
    You are making a ludic fallacy by trying to argue there are unknown unknowns in this. There aren't. The charges have been made at the time the person was arrested. That's normal.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Bulletbob (09-16-2021)

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

yfans.you hit that nail on the head. Next to Muslim terriost groups they are the biggest danger to Amrrica and have already killed dozens and done billions in damages to our nation

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Sounds like your the one presuming to me. Probally sitting back on a tree stump like a leprechaun rubbing your hands together hoping for something to happen

17. #44 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,599 Times in 17,043 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

Anyone is free to believe this, but believing something doesn't make it true.

I agree that antifa is extreme.

I disagree that BLM is.

BLM is nothing more than the current holders of MLK's dream.

There is nothing extreme about understanding that black lives matter.

All lives matter.

Black lives are lives, so black lives matter.

Pure logic.
    Yep, they sure are

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.