Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: To end rape, all you have to do is end it...apparently...

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Can anyone make sense of this rambling incoherence?

That's like their solution to the problem of ending violent gun crime.... arrest all the violent criminals.

Of course, any sane, rational intelligent human knows that you cannot arrest FUTURE gun criminals who have not YET committed the gun crimes they eventually will.

These people are such fucking retards, I cannot fathom how they managed to make it to adulthood, much less get elected to public office.

No wait, I do understand.... there are enough people who are as ignorant and even moreso than they are, who identify with that level of stupidity and so, they naturally gravitate towards it.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (09-23-2021), LV426 (09-23-2021)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    you're being worse. first, it doesn't apply to everybody and everything......obviously some people are way more intelligent than others.
    Situational Awareness isn't something you're born with, it's something you need to be taught.

And all the situational awareness in the world can't help you control the circumstances at any given moment.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

people SHOULDN'T, but it's a right, so people can.
    Right...so you're here saying many gun owners aren't even trained to use the weapons they think will help protect them.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Situational Awareness isn't something you're born with, it's something you need to be taught.

And all the situational awareness in the world can't help you control the circumstances at any given moment.
    1. wrong.........some people can have natural situational awareness.
    2. nobody has ever said that carrying a gun is 100% effective, but much like you claim vaccines are, it can help prevent, or protect from, an attack
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,824 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

2. nobody has ever said that carrying a gun is 100% effective, but much like you claim vaccines are, it can help prevent, or protect from, an attack
    A gun in the house makes your home less safe. https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...-the-Home.aspx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

LV426 (09-23-2021)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right...so you're here saying many gun owners aren't even trained to use the weapons they think will help protect them.
    i've been around alot of morons who own guns and have never even taken them to a range, nor ever fired a weapon. yes, they think it will help protect them. I refer you back to the defensive gun use stats.........most of the time it only takes SHOWING a gun to deter violence.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    A gun in the house makes your home less safe.
    debunked many times.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,271 Times in 13,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 800 Posts

Can anyone make sense of this rambling incoherence?

Why is this bizarre? What, a woman wouldn't know if she were raped? There are medical procedures and drugs that she can use to terminate any possible pregnancy immediately. She needn't wait weeks to find out if she's pregnant or not.

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Why is this bizarre? What, a woman wouldn't know if she were raped? There are medical procedures and drugs that she can use to terminate any possible pregnancy immediately. She needn't wait weeks to find out if she's pregnant or not.
    2 things about that scenario......

1. some rape victims are either too terrified or too ashamed to come forward and make an allegation
    2. the 'morning after' pill isn't easily found in places like texas and when it is, the condescension that comes with it is extremely off putting to someone who has already been victimized terribly

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's called delusion.

2. nobody has ever said that carrying a gun is 100% effective
    You did...

On this thread...

With that meme...

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,271 Times in 13,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 800 Posts

2 things about that scenario......

1. some rape victims are either too terrified or too ashamed to come forward and make an allegation
    So? What's that have to do with something like The day after pills as but one example of contraception that would work?

2. the 'morning after' pill isn't easily found in places like texas and when it is, the condescension that comes with it is extremely off putting to someone who has already been victimized terribly
    Ever hear of say, Amazon? What? They don't have the internet in Texas?

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i've been around alot of morons who own guns and have never even taken them to a range, nor ever fired a weapon.
    So why do you want those people to have guns?

This is what I don't understand about your position here; you clearly understand the risks and dangers of "responsible gun ownership", even going so far as to call many of your fellow "responsible gun owners" out as "morons".

So that begs the question; if you believe these people are dangerous morons, why do you want them to have guns?

Your position is incoherent.

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I refer you back to the defensive gun use stats
    Which stats were those?

The ones that said 70,000 gun defense actions are taken?

The ones that said 500,000 gun defense actions are taken?

Or the ones that said 3,000,000 gun defense actions are taken?

You're moving the bar around so much, it really makes the bar completely irrelevant.

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's called delusion.

You did...

On this thread...

With that meme...
    don't be so literal.

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So why do you want those people to have guns?

This is what I don't understand about your position here; you clearly understand the risks and dangers of "responsible gun ownership", even going so far as to call many of your fellow "responsible gun owners" out as "morons".

So that begs the question; if you believe these people are dangerous morons, why do you want them to have guns?

Your position is incoherent.
    Because I believe in RIGHTS

I get that that is a difficult concept for alot of people, but they do exist