Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: To end rape, all you have to do is end it...apparently...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No they don't.

The NRA says that, but it's actually about 70,000 a year....while 1.3M crimes are committed.
    where did you get that stat?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some were, yes. And it didn't make a difference.

The gun is only going to help you if you can control all the circumstances, which you cannot.
    how do you know some were armed?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    over 2 million defensive gun uses a year, FBI estimate
    No, an NRA estimate...
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it's called situational awareness.
    That's called bullshit.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if you don't use it, don't carry
    That's not something you use, it's something you have to be trained to have.

It's unrealistic and authoritarian.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, an NRA estimate...
    https://datavisualizations.heritage....ses-in-the-us/

All of the law-abiding citizens featured in this database successfully defended their liberties, lives, or livelihoods with the lawful use of a firearm. These cases are not based on hearsay, but on verifiable reports found through public sources.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, almost every major study on defensive gun use has found that Americans use their firearms defensively between 500,000 and 3 million times each year. There’s good reason to believe that most defensive gun uses are never reported to law enforcement, much less picked up by local or national media outlets.

This database, therefore, is not intended to be comprehensive. Instead, it highlights just a fraction of the incredible number of times Americans relied on the Second Amendment—not the government getting there in time—to protect their inalienable rights. Despite the limitations on data, these confirmed cases of defensive gun use help prove that the “good guy with a gun” is not a myth, but an integral part of American society.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

where did you get that stat?
    An analysis of five years’ worth of statistic collected by the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics’ National Crime Victimization Survey puts the number of citizens who prevent crimes by using guns much lower than 2.5 million -- about 67,740 times a year, according to a Los Angeles Times report.
    https://www.wyff4.com/article/how-of...rimes/10033021

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's not something you use, it's something you have to be trained to have.

It's unrealistic and authoritarian.
    saddling the rest of the human race with your limitations on not being able to do something unless you've been trained to do it is deletorious and speaks volumes about your lack of abilities, not everyone elses

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, almost every major study on defensive gun use has found that Americans use their firearms defensively between 500,000 and 3 million times each year. .
    OK so first of all, 500,000 - 3,000,000 is too broad a range to even form a logical conclusion about anything.

Secondly, by reviewing actual statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics' National Crime Victimization Survey, the LA Times was able to conclude that defensive firearm action was taken in just 5% of justifiable cases.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

saddling the rest of the human race with your limitations
    So you think everyone should be hyper-vigilant and suspicious of everyone else at all times?

How is that "freedom"?

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

not being able to do something unless you've been trained
    You're not even supposed to operate a firearm without training.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

not being able to do something unless you've been trained to do it
    Ah, so you perform open heart surgery regularly?

You hop from the passenger cabin to the cockpit on commercial flights?

You're being silly.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ah, so you perform open heart surgery regularly?

You hop from the passenger cabin to the cockpit on commercial flights?

You're being silly.
    you're being worse. first, it doesn't apply to everybody and everything......obviously some people are way more intelligent than others.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're not even supposed to operate a firearm without training.
    people SHOULDN'T, but it's a right, so people can.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you think everyone should be hyper-vigilant and suspicious of everyone else at all times?

How is that "freedom"?
    EVERYBODY should be vigilant...........that's just common sense. walking around without a care in the world is asking to be someones victim