Thread: 638 People Charged In Capitol Insurrection So Far

1. #451 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,258 Times in 51,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    /shrugs, why do you insist on lying in every single one of your posts?.......and if you fuckwits were content to let the law handle it we wouldn't have 87 threads about it here........
    Name a lie I've told, minion of Satan.

Were you content to let the law handle 1/6? What about machine guns inside the doors of the Capitol? Would you support killing violent insurrectionists or would you support giving them the machine guns?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #452 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Name a lie I've told, minion of Satan.
    here.....I shall call it Felicia......the rest of your post would also have been lies, but you posed them as questions........the answer to all three is "for fuck's sake, you are stupid!"........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #453 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,258 Times in 51,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    here.....I shall call it Felicia......the rest of your post would also have been lies, but you posed them as questions........the answer to all three is "for fuck's sake, you are stupid!"........
    Where’s the lie? You’re not a Christian. In fact you’re the opposite of being a Christian. What else could you be except a minion of Satan?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #454 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Where’s the lie? You’re not a Christian. In fact you’re the opposite of being a Christian.
    and here are the twins...........Percy and Herbert.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #455 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #456 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

US Capitol Police officer indicted on obstruction of justice charges in connection with January 6

rut roh. Big mistake. Helping the criminals...

"(CNN)A US Capitol Police officer was indicted on obstruction charges in connection to the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol.
    According to the indictment, Michael A. Riley told a contact online to remove posts showing the person was in the Capitol building that day.
    Riley's arrest is notable among the more than 600 Capitol riot cases in that he becomes the first police officer on duty on Capitol Hill on January 6 charged with allegedly attempting to help a rioter.

The 50-year-old was arrested Friday and appeared in court on a video feed from a holding cell. He has not yet entered any plea and is not being detained pending trial, but will be barred from possessing any guns as he awaits trial. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday.

Prosecutors allege that on the day after the insurrection, Riley sent a private message on Facebook to a person who had posted selfies and videos about being in the Capitol, and whom Riley had been in fishing-related Facebook groups with.

"im a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance," Riley allegedly wrote to the person, according to the indictment. "Take down the part about being in the building they are currently investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to charged. Just looking out!"
    "Im glad you got out of there unscathed We had over 50 officers hurt, some pretty bad," Riley also messaged to the person that day.

In mid-January, Riley told the person to "Get off of social media."
    "Theyre arresting dozens of people aday. Everyone that was in the building, engaged in violent acts, or destruction of property...and theyre all being charged federally with felonies," Riley allegedly wrote.
    They also spoke on the phone, prompting the person Riley communicated with to tell others about being in touch with "capitol police" and to anticipate trespassing charges.

Riley has been placed on administrative leave, USCP Chief Tom Manger said.
    "Obstruction of Justice is a very serious allegation. The Department was notified about this investigation several weeks ago. Upon his arrest, the officer was placed on administrative leave pending the completion of the case. The USCP's Office of Professional Responsibility will then open an administrative investigation," Manger said in a statement.

Riley then deleted his own Facebook direct messages on January 20, his indictment says. Riley indicated in a final message on January 21 he was angry with the person after seeing video of the person smoking marijuana in the Capitol and "acting like a moron," the indictment says."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #457 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This guy is a piece of work:

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Texas man charged with participating in the deadly Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot by supporters of former President Donald Trump threatened his teenage son and daughter with violence if they reported him to police, according to federal investigators.

Guy Reffitt, of Wylie, Texas, faces five federal criminal charges, including bringing guns to the Capitol and using physical force and the threat of physical force against his children to stop them from providing information to investigators.

U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich held a pretrial hearing in the case on Friday. Reffitt is jailed in Washington awaiting trial. During the riot, police used pepper spray to halt Reffitt outside the Capitol.

Prosecutors have subpoenaed his son, daughter and wife.

The FBI said in a criminal complaint that Reffitt after the riot told his son that he would "do what he had to do" if the son reported him to police, which the son interpreted as a threat to his life. The complaint also said Reffitt threatened to "put a bullet through" his daughter's cellphone.

The 18-year-old son told the New York Times that Reffitt told him: "You're a traitor. And you know what happens to traitors. Traitors get shot."

Prosecutors have said Reffitt traveled to Washington with an AR-15 rifle and a Smith & Wesson .40 caliber handgun. The complaint noted that his wife said Reffitt is a member of the "Three Percenters" right-wing militia."

Accused U.S. Capitol rioter threatened his children, prosecutors say

8. #458 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Capitol rioter accidentally admits to new felonies while representing himself in court

"US Capitol Coverage

Brandon Fellows, who is representing himself against the advice of a federal judge and his standby defense counsel, admitted to new felonies during a bond hearing Tuesday

by: Samantha Hawkins
    Posted: Oct 13, 2021 / 02:55 PM EDT / Updated: Oct 13, 2021 / 02:59 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (CN) — A 27-year-old Capitol rioter who is representing himself failed to argue his way out of jail in a bond hearing Tuesday. He accidentally admitted to several additional crimes while he was at it—which a federal judge warned him about at the onset of the hearing.

Fellows’ former defense attorney, Washington public defender Cara Halverson, and U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden have repeatedly urged Fellows not to represent himself. The New Yorker smoked marijuana in Senator Jeff Merkley’s office during the January riots at the Capitol building, but was out on pretrial release until McFadden ordered Fellows back into custody after he left obscene voicemails for his pretrial service officer and called the officer’s mother. He also missed his court-ordered mental health evaluation.

“I’m at a loss as to how to advise Mr. Fellows,” McFadden said. “I’ve never seen a defendant take a stand in a bond review hearing, and I think there are good reasons for that. … Any statements you say now could be used against you at trial. I don’t know what you intend to say and it sounds like the attorneys aren’t sure either.”

In a marathon testimony, during which there were few interruptions from a patient Judge McFadden, Fellows told an unnavigable tale that went from a constitutional lawyer telling him to wrap his phone in tinfoil, to a book report he wrote in high school, to his ex-girlfriend burning his clothes.

Fellows also admitted that he recorded a conversation with Halverson in which he asked if he should contact McFadden’s family in order to get a new judge—a supposed “loophole” he read online that claimed he would get a new judge to try his case. Fellows confessed that he had already done that with a New York state judge, which is why he had listed the judge’s wife’s phone number as his own—and was found out when a clerk of the court attempted to contact Fellows about an allegation that he was harassing a former girlfriend.
    Trickle of protesters at DC rally outnumbered by media, police

Fellows testified that Halverson told him, “You did not find a loophole, Brandon, I promise you. If you do this with Judge McFadden, you will be arrested.”

McFadden noted that Fellows had admitted under oath to multiple possible felonies, including obstruction of justice and perjury. “You’ve admitted to incredible lapses of judgment here on the stand, not least of which was seeking to disqualify a New York state judge,” McFadden said. “You’ve engaged in a pattern of behaviors that shows contempt for the criminal justice system, and I just have no confidence that you will follow my orders if I release you.”

Fellows also noted that had been abused as a child, has Asperger’s syndrome and ADHD, and is a slow learner.

“Fellows says that he’s the victim. Everybody else is wrong and he’s the only one who understands what’s going on,” Furst said. “The women he harassed, it’s their fault. He didn’t like the judge in New York, so he used the wife’s phone number to get rid of the judge. Your honor, he didn’t do it with you, but he thought about it.”

McFadden denied Fellow’s motion to have his bond status revoked. “You said that when you’re worried, you don’t make understandable decisions,” McFadden said. “I think you’re right. And that’s concerning.”

It figures an abused slow learner was part of the crowd that believes in Trump and thought attacking the capitol would stop President Biden from being inaugurated.

9. #459 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"(CNN)A New York man charged in the assault of DC Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone will remain in jail while he awaits trail, a federal judge ruled on Friday after an emotional court hearing.
    Prosecutors previously said Thomas Sibick was spotted on police body-camera footage ripping away Fanone's badge and radio while he lay on the ground outside the Capitol. Fanone collapsed after the attack and was hospitalized, and later recalled in a CNN interview that rioters tased him and tried to pull his weapon out of its holster.

Sibick, charged with 10 federal crimes, including assaulting an officer and robbery, has pleaded not guilty. He has been in jail since his arrest in March but argued that new police body camera footage showed the interaction was a failed attempt to help Fanone. Sibick is the latest high-profile Capitol riot defendant to argue that video footage of his attack recharacterizes the moment, and that he was in fact trying to help embattled police officers.

"He may be helpful in the nursing home. He may be helpful in the jail. He may be a helpful human being in life, but he was not helping on January 6," US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said Friday, adding that Sibick took "unique, purposeful, independent actions" to reach in and grab at Fanone's equipment.

"He doesn't hold him, offer him assistance, protect him with his body," Jackson said."

Man charged in Fanone assault at Capitol to remain in jail after emotional hearing

10. #460 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Through his attorney David Benowitz, Riley entered not guilty pleas to the two counts of obstruction. A grand jury indicted him on Oct. 14, with charges that were unsealed a day later.

Unlike the hundreds of other Jan. 6-related cases, Riley’s indictment charges him with acts that allegedly took place after the siege of the U.S. Capitol. U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson noted that it likely does not implicate the many terabytes of data from body-worn cameras and other materials requiring long and protracted discovery.

During the hearing on Tuesday, a federal prosecutor agreed and anticipated that discovery would be complete by the end of the week.

“Has there been a plea offer extended?” Judge Jackson asked.

“No, there has not,” the prosecutor replied.

Judge Jackson set a date for a follow-up hearing on Nov. 29."

U.S. Capitol Police Officer Pleads Not Guilty to Obstruction Charges Related to the Jan. 6 Siege

11. #461 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12. #462 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Last edited by PoliTalker; 10-27-2021 at 04:41 PM.

13. #463 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #464 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,849 Times in 11,443 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,356 Times in 1,342 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "-A pro-Trump mob descended on the Capitol January 6, and hundreds are facing criminal charges.

-It took four hours to secure the building so Congress could certify Joe Biden's victory.

-Seven months later, 638 people have been charged. This searchable table shows them all so far.

Since supporters of then-President Donald Trump swarmed the US Capitol on January 6 — forcing Congress to go into lockdown and damaging the halls of government — 638 people have been arrested and charged with crimes.

The FBI is seeking the public's help to identify people who took part in one of the most documented crimes in US history.

But since many rioters were allowed to walk free on January 6, it's taking some time to track them down.

This table includes the names, charges, and links to court documents of all the people charged so far. We're keeping it updated as more names are released."
    None of them are charged with insurrection.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

15. #465 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Federal judge accuses prosecutors of offering lenient plea deals to Capitol riot defendants who committed the 'crime of the century'

"A federal judge criticized the Justice Department this week for taking a "muddled approach" toward prosecuting those accused of participating in the deadly January 6 insurrection, Politico reported. Chief Judge Beryl Howell of the federal district court for the District of Columbia also criticized prosecutors for offering "petty offense" plea deals to defendants who she said carried out the "crime of the century."

Howell's comments came during the sentencing hearing for Jack Griffith, a Tennessee resident who pleaded guilty in July to one misdemeanor count of parading, demonstrating, or picketing inside the Capitol. As part of the plea deal, the government dismissed four other misdemeanor counts against Griffith.

"I'm trying to make sense of the government's position here," Howell said Thursday. She also contrasted the "very strong language" prosecutors used to describe the conduct Capitol defendants engaged in with the relatively lenient plea deals some were offered.

The dichotomy made prosecutors look "almost schizophrenic" in their approach, Howell said, according to Politico and Law & Crime. "No wonder" there's been public confusion about the gravity of the events of January 6, she added.

"The rioters attacking the Capitol on January 6 were not mere trespassers engaging in protected First Amendment conduct or protests," Howell said at the hearing. "They were not merely disorderly, as countless videos show the mob that attacked the Capitol was violent. Everyone participating in the mob contributed to that violence."

"After all that scorching rhetoric ... the government goes on to describe the rioters who got through the police lines and got into the building as 'those who trespassed,'" Howell said. "This was no mere trespass."

Those who stormed the Capitol "are not trespassers, they are criminals," she added. She later said that "the damage to the reputation of our democracy, which is usually held up around the world ... that reputation suffered because of January 6." "

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-30-2021)