Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Abortion Follies: Texas style

So unless you live under a rock, Texas has recently passed laws that virtually makes abortion impossible for the average citizen. Well, here's whats currently going on in the state that wants to force women victims of rape & incest to bring that pregnancy to term. Yep, they're well prepared for all those unwanted kids:

https://www.literacytexas.org/impact...0per%20student.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (09-03-2021)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Cypress (09-03-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

adoption is an option......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Do a little research as to how many kids in the adoption cycle "age out". Again, I find it fascinating that a state that has consistently ranked low in properly educating it's youth is going to force women to put more kids (being unwanted) into the system.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Do a little research as to how many kids in the adoption cycle "age out". Again, I find it fascinating that a state that has consistently ranked low in properly educating it's youth is going to force women to put more kids (being unwanted) into the system.
    you do not know the adoption system......the only kids who "age out" are the ones that go into the system when courts terminate the parental rights of those who REFUSED to release them for adoption......likely they didn't enter the adoption system until they were ten or older....the waiting list for adoption of infants is years long......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 09-05-2021 at 05:51 AM.
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you do not know the adoption system......the only kids who "age out" are the ones that go into the system when courts terminate the parental rights of those who REFUSED to release them for adoption......likely they didn't enter the adoption system until they were ten or older....the waiting list for adoption of infants is years long......
    Fascinating how you just cobble together your mental flatulence to try and pass it off as fact. For the readers's edification and your education:

Depending on the state, children “age out” of the foster care system between ages 18 and 21. So, at a time when most young adults are still relying on family for financial and emotional support, plus a place to crash on school breaks, children aging out of care are often fully on their own.

https://grownandflown.com/help-teens-foster-care/

https://www.thehofp.org/articles/wha...of-foster-care

https://nfyi.org/51-useful-aging-out...al-race-media/

George Orwell

8. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (09-06-2021)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Into the Night (09-07-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fascinating how you just cobble together your mental flatulence to try and pass it off as fact. For the readers's edification and your education:

Depending on the state, children “age out” of the foster care system between ages 18 and 21. So, at a time when most young adults are still relying on family for financial and emotional support, plus a place to crash on school breaks, children aging out of care are often fully on their own.

https://grownandflown.com/help-teens-foster-care/

https://www.thehofp.org/articles/wha...of-foster-care

https://nfyi.org/51-useful-aging-out...al-race-media/
    dude.....nothing in your paste contradicts the fact of what I posted......it all depends on when a child goes INTO the system.......pretty much all of the ones "aging out" did not enter the system until they were older......in fact, the median age of what Michigan calls Transition Age Youth entering the foster program is 15......

https://www.childtrends.org/wp-conte...h_Michigan.pdf

38% were removed from their families by the courts because of neglect.........another 37% were runaways.....16% are developmentally disabled and parents cannot cope with their needs.....

none of them were children released for adoption at birth because their parent(s) did not want them..........though they probably all would have been better off if they had been......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 09-06-2021 at 04:37 AM.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

There are over 100,000 children in the system already who haven't been adopted.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

I hate to say this- BUT NOT WHEN THEY ARE UGLY!

How many children are waiting to be adopted in the United States? Of the over 400,000 children in foster care in the U.S., 114,556 cannot be returned to their families and are waiting to be adopted.

Can you imagine how many unwanted children would be the result of making abortions illegal. Texas alone had 55,000 abortions that we know about last year!

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

How many children are waiting to be adopted in the United States? Of the over 400,000 children in foster care in the U.S., 114,556 cannot be returned to their families and are waiting to be adopted.

Can you imagine how many unwanted children would be the result of making abortions illegal. Texas alone had 55,000 abortions that we know about last year!
    It is better to be a live orphan than dead. What makes you think every child born is going to be an orphan???
    Last edited by Into the Night; 09-08-2021 at 12:23 AM.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

you keep citing the numbers of children in foster care because their parents are fighting to keep them.......children that have been removed from the family home because of neglect or abuse........if a woman does not want her child there are couples waiting YEARS for a chance to adopt an infant they WANT.......

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

An already overcrowded option you mean.
    An already overcrowded option full of abusers, both abusing the children themselves and also the government programs meant to help foster them.
    Last edited by Mr.Badguy; 09-03-2021 at 09:57 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Taichiliberal (09-04-2021)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    An already overcrowded option you mean.
    An already overcrowded option full of abusers, both abusing the children themselves and also the government programs meant to help foster them.
    bullshit.....you know fuck all about adoption so shut your sick mouth.........

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stone (09-05-2021)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

bullshit.....you know fuck all about adoption so shut your sick mouth.........
    For your education:

Texas officials knew foster children were illegally placed in an unsafe shelter. It didn't end until a whistleblower came forward.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05...ster-children/

George Orwell

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For your education:

Texas officials knew foster children were illegally placed in an unsafe shelter. It didn't end until a whistleblower came forward.

oh gosh....a lib'rul found an instance of abuse in the foster program.......let's kill another million kids this year to save them from suffering a less than a tenth of percent chance of abuse....

incidentally, the instance you cited was a shelter for homeless teenagers......I expect they were safer than than under a bridge somewhere........

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (09-05-2021)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For your education:

oh gosh....a lib'rul found an instance of abuse in the foster program.......let's kill another million kids this year to save them from suffering a less than a tenth of percent chance of abuse....

incidentally, the instance you cited was a shelter for homeless teenagers......I expect they were safer than than under a bridge somewhere........
    Oh lord, the post modern fool strikes again!

Pay attention, genius......foster kids age out of the system between 18 and 21 in the USA. The article wasn't about run-a-way or disowned teens, as the term "foster children" was used throughout to describe the victims of the system. You'd know this if you read the article carefully and comprehensively (Jeez, all these years and your right wing trolls still haven't mastered that skill).

Since this thread is about Texas, I just gave one example in Texas to debunk the revisionist bull horn you "pro-lifers" love to blow. Oh, and an embryo is NOT a "kid". Nor is an undeveloped fetus. No doctor worth his salt will say otherwise. So save your drivel for your next bible thumping or MAGA meeting

George Orwell

23. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (09-06-2021)