1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Someone needs to explain to me why the USA should not split in two. It's past the point of no return when the majority is being ruled by the tyranny of the minority.
    It is true there are great differences in views in America, but it would be impossible to get everyone to agree on an amicable split. Every state has red and blue. Many families have red and blue. There is no easy way to divide all of this up. No matter how the new map is drawn it is going to require millions of Americans to sell their property and business and move to a brand new place to start all over again. They don't want to do that, so the idea is a non-starter.

None of our representatives are calling for the USA to split up amicably. There isn't even any polling on such a proposal because it is not a popular idea.

What we have to do is work on our differences, try to communicate better, reduce the hatred and bitter division. Sure, it must seem like a daunting task, but we have faced very difficult challenges in the past and met them.

Even if this impossible idea got to the point of a split (which is never going to happen) consider the result. There would be a conservative America with half the land (how those lines would be drawn is unimaginable) and a liberal America with the other half.

Two diametrically opposed nuclear armed nations, side by side, with irreconcilable positions.

How long is that supposed to last?

5 years? 10?

It is not a lasting solution to anything. It is a recipe for war. Very tragic and destructive war.

The idea is pure fantasy. That is why it has so little support that almost nobody is talking about it.

Interestingly enough, I did find one site which examined this idea. The conclusion is that it is unworkable. No big surprise.

I appreciate that you want a solution to the bitter division we have in America today, and I share that. You're looking for a simple solution. I don't think one exists.

We are simply going to have to resolve our differences the old fashioned way. We need to talk them out in a civil manner and listen to one another. Hatred and anger will not play into that very well.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cinnabar,

It is true there are great differences in views in America, but it would be impossible to get everyone to agree on an amicable split. Every state has red and blue. Many families have red and blue. There is no easy way to divide all of this up. No matter how the new map is drawn it is going to require millions of Americans to sell their property and business and move to a brand new place to start all over again. They don't want to do that, so the idea is a non-starter.

None of our representatives are calling for the USA to split up amicably. There isn't even any polling on such a proposal because it is not a popular idea.

What we have to do is work on our differences, try to communicate better, reduce the hatred and bitter division. Sure, it must seem like a daunting task, but we have faced very difficult challenges in the past and met them.

Even if this impossible idea got to the point of a split (which is never going to happen) consider the result. There would be a conservative America with half the land (how those lines would be drawn is unimaginable) and a liberal America with the other half.

Two diametrically opposed nuclear armed nations, side by side, with irreconcilable positions.

5 years? 10?

It is not a lasting solution to anything. It is a recipe for war. Very tragic and destructive war.

The idea is pure fantasy. That is why it has so little support that almost nobody is talking about it.

Interestingly enough, I did find one site which examined this idea. The conclusion is that it is unworkable. No big surprise.

I appreciate that you want a solution to the bitter division we have in America today, and I share that. You're looking for a simple solution. I don't think one exists.

We are simply going to have to resolve our differences the old fashioned way. We need to talk them out in a civil manner and listen to one another. Hatred and anger will not play into that very well.
    I repeat....Some kind of federation that utilizes some aspects of a central government for stuff like defense but independent otherwise. Why should we tolerate these GOP criminals and traitors and need to be concerned with them taking back the Congress or stealing elections? That is nuts already!
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I repeat....Some kind of federation that utilizes some aspects of a central government for stuff like defense but independent otherwise. Why should we tolerate these GOP criminals and traitors and need to be concerned with them taking back the Congress or stealing elections? That is nuts already!
    The right hates the federal government. The right and the left are never going to agree on what form and how large the central government would be.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

CDC: 335 Children Ages 17 and Under Have Died of COVID in U.S. During Pandemic

"(CNSNews.com) - Since the start of the pandemic 18 months ago, in January 2020, a total of 335 children ages 17 and under have died of COVID-19, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Another fucking thread, this cunt needs a seriously good slapping.
    Hey, cunt slapper, why not just ignore this thread and slap your meat to sleep instead?

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

5 years? 10?

[B]23 white corn fed blue eyed babies were gunned down and shot a few years ago and this nation, DID NOTHING. Since then, we've had more school shootings that one cares to count and still nothing was done. Kids are dying from gun violence, neglect and now Covid......my point is this, this nation, its people don't give a rat un no wa about anybody or anything but the almighty dollar bill and themselves. Now unless these kids can somehow morphe into sperms again and become a fetuses, the anti abortion crowd got ya back or unless somebody can create an economic impact these kids have on some rich guys bottom line, nobody cares will care.
    Last edited by tigerred59; 09-06-2021 at 06:33 AM.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tigerred59,

Quote Originally Posted by tigerred59 View Post
    23 white corn fed blue eyed babies were gunned down and shot a few years ago and this nation, DID NOTHING. Since we've had more school shootings that one cares to count and still nothing was done. Kids are dying from gun violence, hunger and now Covid......my point is this, this nation, its people don't give a rat un no wa about anybody or anything but the almighty dollar bill. Now unless these kids can somehow morphe into sperms again and become a fetes or unless somebody can create an economic impact they have on some rich guys bottom line, nobody cares, not even there non vaccer's parents!!
    That describes the greedy part of this nation. The responsible caring side doesn't make the news, but it's there and it is large. We voted Trump out in 2020.

We need to keep up the good fight, never give up, and make sure more Republicans are voted out in 2022.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmmm ... kids didn't get the plague ... now they do ... so when you go up from zero ... Children Hospitalized With COVID-19 Hits Record wow ... whoda thunk

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting:

This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Sorry, but kids cannot catch it. I read the right-wing posts. They do not need masks or vaccines. Ask Grumpy. he thinks he is an expert and the doctors, nurses, and hospitals are lying. They had a meeting where every single one of them agreed to lie. Isn't that much more likely than kids getting Covid?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-06-2021)

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

"(Reuters) - The number of children hospitalized with COVID-19 in the United States hit a record high of just over 1,900 on Saturday, as hospitals across the South were stretched to capacity fighting outbreaks caused by the highly transmissible Delta variant.

The Delta variant, which is rapidly spreading among mostly the unvaccinated portion of the U.S. population, has caused hospitalizations to spike in recent weeks, driving up the number of confirmed and suspected pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations to 1,902 on Saturday, according to data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services."

Children hospitalized with COVID-19 in U.S. hits record number

"The numbers of newly hospitalized COVID-19 patients aged 18-29, 30-39 and 40-49 also hit record highs this week, according to data from the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The spike in new cases has ramped up tension between conservative state leaders and local districts over whether school children should be required to wear masks as they head back to the classroom this month.

School districts in Florida, Texas and Arizona have mandated that masks be worn in schools, defying orders from their Republican state governors that ban districts from imposing such rules. The administration of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has threatened to withhold funding from districts that impose mask requirements, and Texas Governor Greg Abbott is appealing to the state Supreme Court to overturn Dallas County's mask mandate, the Dallas Morning News reported on Friday.

A fifth of the nation's COVID-19 hospitalizations are in Florida, where the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients hit a record 16,100 on Saturday, according to a Reuters tally. More than 90% of the state's intensive care beds are filled, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services.

The nation's largest teachers union, the National Education Association, came out in support of mandatory vaccination for its members this week. NEA President Becky Pringle said on Saturday that schools should employ every mitigation strategy, from vaccines to masks, to ensure that students can come back to their classrooms safely this school year."
    Just another one of Joe Bidens failures. Even democrats are finally seeing it.