Thread: Full FDA Approval of Vaccine

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Full FDA Approval of Vaccine

5 good reasons for the FDA to give full approval to COVID-19 vaccines: Analysis

" As early as this coming week, according to The New York Times, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expected to give full approval to Pfizer-BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine -- the first COVID-19 vaccine expected to receive that endorsement.

The FDA's approval might seem like a minor technical move to some. But full approval of all three COVID-19 vaccines is an important step that can make a difference in reducing COVID-19 infection and mortality rates, improving health care delivery and saving lives.

Here's why:

1. The approval will empower health care professionals to address the myth of "experimental vaccines."

2. Approval of the vaccines will get more kids vaccinated.

3. Approval will provide us with longer-term safety data.

4. Approval will provide employers with greater authority to mandate vaccines.

5. Approval will allow the prescribing of vaccines for "off-label" use."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

signalmankenneth (08-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From the OP link:

"The most recent model from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
    indicates grave consequences if Americans don't continue to get vaccinated and follow mask guidance."

It predicts that after 2 months, the worst case scenario puts us at 733,502 deaths, but the bet case we can hope for is to rise to 673,000 deaths.

In other words, we need to get as many people vaccinated and using masks as possible. This means you who have not done so yet, please begin.

Make that call.

Get vaccinated.

Wear a mask.

Keep your distance.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

How can they give full approval to a vaccine when they are crossing their fingers and hoping there are no adverse reactions down the road?

And does this mean people who suffer from adverse reactions can finally sue someone for damages?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

anyone failing to see the whole politicization of this 'approval', or the willful ignorance to ignore it, is about as unamerican as unamerican gets. there is no patriotism here. just communism
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,253 Times in 6,879 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    How can they give full approval to a vaccine when they are crossing their fingers and hoping there are no adverse reactions down the road?

And does this mean people who suffer from adverse reactions can finally sue someone for damages?
    Boo!

I wonder how it's going to look a decade from now when we compare long term effects from COVID to long term effects from the vaccine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-22-2021)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

nobody will collect any damages from adverse reactions because, truthfully, the liberals just don't care about anyone who has an adverse reaction. herd immunity is way more important to them than anyone having adverse reactions or long term medical issues........and since they obviously don't care about those people, one has to wonder what the ulterior motive is for pushing a vaccine on the entire populace..........just an exercise in government power?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    anyone failing to see the whole politicization of this 'approval', or the willful ignorance to ignore it, is about as unamerican as unamerican gets. there is no patriotism here. just communism
    At what point would you accept that a vaccine is safe and effective?

Literally hundreds of millions of people have gotten the vaccine at this point.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Boo!

I wonder how it's going to look a decade from now when we compare long term effects from COVID to long term effects from the vaccine.
    No one has any idea.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

and the same percentage are dying as the virus killing people before the vaccine!!!

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

They require 6 months of test data for full approval.

Because the public need was so great, an Emergency Use Authorization was granted after just 2 months of test data.

But that was over 4 months ago.

We now have the required amount of test data for full approval.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No one has any idea.
    We can start to draw some logical conclusions at this point.

We KNOW that there are many who have adverse effects from having COVID. Long-term, sometimes debilitating effects.

The vaccine? Not so much. I still don't understand the agenda that supports trying to make it seem dangerous and "unknown," even though hundreds of millions have gotten it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-22-2021)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

considering that every vaccine we casually accept now when through YEARS of testing and improving before becoming mandatory, I'd say years. At what point did you decide that a vaccine that was rapidly pushed out to the public, as an emergency use vaccine that was still considered experimental, should be accepted by the entire populace? was it when biden was sworn in?

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

We can start to draw some logical conclusions at this point.

We KNOW that there are many who have adverse effects from having COVID. Long-term, sometimes debilitating effects.

The vaccine? Not so much. I still don't understand the agenda that supports trying to make it seem dangerous and "unknown," even though hundreds of millions have gotten it.
    people are dying from the vaccine and some are still getting covid after taking the vaccine!!!!

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

nobody will collect any damages from adverse reactions because, truthfully, the liberals just don't care about anyone who has an adverse reaction. herd immunity is way more important to them than anyone having adverse reactions or long term medical issues........and since they obviously don't care about those people, one has to wonder what the ulterior motive is for pushing a vaccine on the entire populace..........just an exercise in government power?
    Liberals are Covid obsessed and are out of step with a large segment of society.

The ulterior motive is easy: follow the money. Take it to the bank that the FDA is feeling pressure from the pharmaceuticals and from democrats.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

considering that every vaccine we casually accept now when through YEARS of testing and improving before becoming mandatory, I'd say years. At what point did you decide that a vaccine that was rapidly pushed out to the public, as an emergency use vaccine that was still considered experimental, should be accepted by the entire populace? was it when biden was sworn in?
    Nope. Had nothing to do w/ politics, and certainly not w/ Biden, who I'm not a fan of.

I just know COVID has been much more dangerous & debilitating for the populace than the vaccine. The vaccine is kind of a miracle. If everyone would get it, we'd rid ourselves of COVID and all of it's adverse effects - both w/ the economy & health.

But that won't happen, because it's been politicized. So it will continue to have a negative impact for many years. Who knows...it might even mutate one of these days to become a much more deadly virus than it is now.

And we'll have ourselves to thank for that.