Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On being a hopeless luddite.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,720 Times in 27,349 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I limit my reliance on technology, I can still navigate with actual road maps and topographic maps, and for personal defense I prefer 12 guage shotgun to AR 15 pop gun.

My theory is that when civilization collapses and zombies are rampaging, I will be better prepared to survive.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,495 Times in 52,496 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I prefer B Cups. (anything over a mouthful is a waste)
    K cups are fun, but agree about the versatility of B cups.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (08-20-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yes. Yes it was an attempt at humor.

Plastic tits ... look plastic. Total turn off. I think women like them, because they think men like Big Tits. Plastic tits = Plastic person. (I don't even like discussing it)
    Not a fan of the cantaloupes-stuck-to-the-chest look either....especially if they are lying on their back. It doesn't look right.

More so, it's the psychology of superficial people, both men and women, that I find a turn off.

Although I can get along fine without technology, I do love modern tech. Since my job involved travel, originally we were all on beepers, then flip phones and, for me, I finally joined the iPhone Revolution in 2010 with an iPhone 4. I was immediately hooked. After a few months of people I don't know asking for money, I dumped my landline.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (08-20-2021)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I limit my reliance on technology, I can still navigate with actual road maps and topographic maps, and for personal defense I prefer 12 guage shotgun to AR 15 pop gun.

My theory is that when civilization collapses and zombies are rampaging, I will be better prepared to survive.
    Good theory. It doesn't take a total collapse of civilization to strip the veneer of civilization from your neighbors. A hurricane or tornado through the middle of town like Joplin would do it. Many people would stay to guard any remaining possessions through the clean up. Scumbags would help themselves to places unguarded.

I know how to read a map, but a Waze app is better since it provides updates on construction, wrecks and cops. Kids should learn to read a road map as part of their driver training, but Waze is still better.

As for self-defense, I believe in having a wide selection of choices for selection on a case-by-case basis.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I have a land line. It's for my answering machine so I can screen calls and get messages that are actually useful too. I also use it for fax work--yes, there are still companies that use fax machines...
    I have a 4G flip phone for mobile use... It's industrial grade so it can take a lot of abuse.

[img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/t10AAOSwo09fyWPQ/s-l640.jpg[/im]

I have 24 ounce framing hammer to manage calls workers get on their smart phones after I tell them to turn them off while working...
    [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000224VR.01-A2N6NO8W19JCUN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/im]

I have a degree in computer programming and a deep background in the hardware side of computers. I consider them rat bastards and avoid doing lots of stuff on them that idiots think is "safe."
    Cell phones have voicemail boxes. Computers and smart devices can send fax via apps.

The Kyocera phones are terrific; very tough and water resistant long before current cell phones started offering the option.

Last edited by Doc Dutch; 08-20-2021 at 05:31 AM.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,080 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

We've gone from tech to tits in a nanosecond.
    Jack, methinks you're a troublemaker.

Of which vitamin violation are we presently in peril? I know that it's not the infamous B12.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Jack (08-20-2021)