Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, Into the Night, Yakuda, jakemax and Son of the Revolution

Thread: Money Laundering Probe into Trump’s Scottish golf Rresorts

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Money Laundering Probe into Trump’s Scottish golf Rresorts

It appears that there's just no end in sight for Trump's financial cesspool.

A judge in Scotland this week signed off on efforts to use a new anti-money laundering law to investigate former President Donald Trump's golf properties in the country.

"Unexplained Wealth Orders" allow authorities to target suspected corrupt foreign officials who have potentially laundered stolen money through the UK, according to the Scotsman. If the suspected officials can't prove a legitimate source for their wealth, authorities can seize the properties in question.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mcmafia/

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...-trump-3342131
    Lock Him Up

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-11-2021), Jack (08-11-2021), Phantasmal (08-11-2021), PoliTalker (08-11-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-11-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

This sounds GREAT!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This sounds GREAT!
    This will give Trump more to think about.
    Lock Him Up

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Jack (08-11-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    This will give Trump more to think about.
    ... and help reduce his Bank Account.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Trumpet (08-11-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

A judge in Scotland this week signed off on efforts to use a new anti-money laundering law to investigate former President Donald Trump's golf properties in the country.

"Unexplained Wealth Orders" allow authorities to target suspected corrupt foreign officials who have potentially laundered stolen money through the UK, according to the Scotsman. If the suspected officials can't prove a legitimate source for their wealth, authorities can seize the properties in question.

Yes, hopefully they will open an investigation into Trump.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Been wondering why this did not happen long ago, ever since I became aware of UWO's.

Glad to see it is finally moving forward.

How does a guy who has been bankrupted so many times, to the point that no US bank will loan him a dime, suddenly come up with enough money to buy golf courses in Scotland?

Hey. If Trump has a good explanation, no problem. He will be left alone.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-11-2021), Trumpet (08-11-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just love this.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-11-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If an individual has suspiciously large amounts of unexplained cash, it is reasonable for the government to request that the individual prove the money was legally acquired.

Scotland has no desire to be the unwitting recipient of stolen money.

If the individual cannot prove the money is legitimate then it is reasonable and the law that the property may be seized.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Things just keep piling up for the Trump Org. I wonder if any of them wish Daddy Dearest hadn’t run for office!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-11-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Trumpet,

Been wondering why this did not happen long ago, ever since I became aware of UWO's.

Glad to see it is finally moving forward.

How does a guy who has been bankrupted so many times, to the point that no US bank will loan him a dime, suddenly come up with enough money to buy golf courses in Scotland?

Hey. If Trump has a good explanation, no problem. He will be left alone.
    There's a bit more to this story; it was Avaas that petitioned the court, because the Scottish Parliament rejected calls to pursue an Unexplained Wealth; could this mean that there is corruption among the Scottish Parliament????? This might explain why this didn't happen a long time ago.

"Avaaz, a US-based non-profit activism organization, petitioned Scotland's highest court after (members of the Scottish Parliament) rejected calls to pursue an Unexplained Wealth Order against the former US president's Scottish firms," the newspaper reports. "Its petition to the court stated that there are 'no reasonable grounds' to suspect that known sources of lawfully obtained income would have been sufficient to bankroll Mr Trump's acquisition of his Scottish properties."
    Lock Him Up

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-11-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Things just keep piling up for the Trump Org. I wonder if any of them wish Daddy Dearest hadn’t run for office!
    I'm sure that Trump will regret being president when the hammer falls.
    Lock Him Up

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2021)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Trump was broke and no American bank would loan him money. As Jr said, they got all the money they wanted from Russia. Trump then bought a bunch of golf courses with cash. That is not what Trump did his whole life. He bragged about being the king of debt and his ability to use others' money. Of course, golf courses are losing propositions, especially in a turndown. The Scottish golf courses have been losing bigly. That has to be reported in Scotland.
    So why did Trump change his stripes so badly? Because golf courses are a great way to launder money. The Russians were banking in Cyprus. The head of that bank was Trump's buddy Ross who went straight into his cabinet. Also on the bank's board was Putin.
    This is not proof, but all that "coincidence: requires investigation. We know Trump has no respect for the law.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2021), PoliTalker (08-11-2021), Trumpet (08-11-2021)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Nothing could have been more idiotic for him than to bring the world spotlight onto his nefarious affairs.

Logically, if you want to get away without too much scrutiny into dubious dealings, you don't invite a lot of attention to what you're doing.

But his ego was writing checks his lack of shrewdness couldn't cash.

And that adds up to: "Rut roh!"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2021), Trumpet (08-11-2021)

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

I'm sure that Trump will regret being president when the hammer falls.
    Yes. Hopefully he will be criminally convicted.

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump was broke and no American bank would loan him money. As Jr said, they got all the money they wanted from Russia. Trump then bought a bunch of golf courses with cash. That is not what Trump did his whole life. He bragged about being the king of debt and his ability to use others' money. Of course, golf courses are losing propositions, especially in a turndown. The Scottish golf courses have been losing bigly. That has to be reported in Scotland.
    So why did Trump change his stripes so badly? Because golf courses are a great way to launder money. The Russians were banking in Cyprus. The head of that bank was Trump's buddy Ross who went straight into his cabinet. Also on the bank's board was Putin.
    This is not proof, but all that "coincidence: requires investigation. We know Trump has no respect for the law.
    Layer upon layer of deceit.