Thread: Andrew Cuomo is Donald Trump, only less so

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 49 Times in 45 Posts

Default Andrew Cuomo is Donald Trump, only less so

Andrew Cuomo is Donald Trump, only less so

Opinion: Incivility has no political affiliation. There are pigs in both parties. The only question is whether other members of that party allow the oinker to drag them into the mud with him.

Eleven is a lot.
    That is the number of women who came forward to accuse New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment offenses ranging from rude comments to inappropriate touching.

Twenty-six is a lot more.
    That is the number of women who have accused former President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, since the 1970s.
    The office of New York Attorney General Letitia James produced a 168-page report on Cuomo in which investigators concluded that “the Executive Chamber’s culture – one filled with fear and intimidation, while at the same time normalizing the Governor’s frequent flirtations and gender-based comments – contributed to the conditions that allowed the sexual harassment to occur and persist.”
    James added, “I believe women. And I believe these 11 women.”

Cuomo is denounced, Trump is deified

Trump’s issues came to the nation’s attention when he was running for president with the release of the “Access Hollywood” tape from 2005 in which Trump boasts, among other things, of being able to grab women’s genitals.

Of his more than two dozen accusers Trump said during a campaign rally during his presidential campaign, “Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign. Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.”

All these years later, however, that has not happened. Just the opposite, actually.

Author and journalist E. Jean Carroll, who accused Trump of rape, filed a defamation lawsuit against Trump after he accused her of lying, and that lawsuit has been moving forward. “I am living for the moment to walk into that room to sit across the table from him (for a deposition),” Carroll told Reuters. “I think of it every day.”

Cuomo no longer belongs in office
    Incivility has no political affiliation.There are pigs in both parties.

The only question is whether other members of that party allow the oinker to drag them into the mud with him.

In the case of Cuomo, a Democratic stalwart, he has been disavowed by the Democratic congressional delegation of New York, as well as Democrats in his state legislature and even President Joe Biden, who said simply, “I think he should resign.”

They’re right.

He should.

Whether you agree with his politics or not, Cuomo no longer belongs in public office.

No place for misconduct in politics, or is there?

With Republicans and Trump, however, it has been just the opposite. And it continues to be that way. They either disavow those 26 accusers (and there are believed to be more) or they pretend it doesn’t matter.

Republicans still back Trump. Still fear him.
    Still believe they need him.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, who as a congressman helped lead the impeachment of then President Bill Clinton, not only supports Trump, but said recently, “I’ve determined we (the Republican Party) can’t grow without him.”
    Maybe I was wrong.
    Maybe sexual misconduct does have a political affiliation.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...nt/5494473001/
    Last edited by 50USA; 08-09-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    I'VE POSTED SOME TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT
    DONALD TRUMP

I JUST WANTED TO SAY TO EVERYONE
    THAT I MEANT ALL OF IT.