Louisiana Red 4,119 new cases/day 89 per 100K +244%
    Florida Red 15,818 new cases/day 74 per 100K +144%
    Arkansas Red 1,869 new cases/day 62 per 100K +84%
    Mississippi Red 1,475 new cases/day 50 per 100K +276%
    Alabama Red 2,391 new cases/day 49 per 100K +199%
    Missouri Red 2603 new cases/day 42 per 100K
    Texas Red 9,239 new cases/day 34 per 100K

NPR: Tracking Coronavirus Around The U.S.: See How Your State Is Doing

"Seven U.S. states with among the lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates - Florida, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi - account for half of the country's new cases and hospitalizations in the last week, White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters on Thursday."

Reuters: States With Lowest Vaccination Rates

Funny Thing About That, eh?

A State for State match.

The lowest vaccination rates produce the highest risk of disease transmission.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-14-2021), Guno צְבִי (08-05-2021), Hoosier Daddy (08-05-2021), signalmankenneth (08-05-2021), Trumpet (08-06-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

what a coinky-dink.....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-05-2021), PoliTalker (08-05-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

And of course there is the other coincidence that all these States are dominated by Republicans. Louisiana actually has a Democrat Governor, but the House and Senate are Republican.

All of these States are operating under laws created by Republicans.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-05-2021), Trumpet (08-06-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 9,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    States with the highest risk of getting COVID are:

"Seven U.S. states with among the lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates - Florida, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi - account for half of the country's new cases and hospitalizations in the last week, White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters on Thursday."

A State for State match.

No surprise here, they just announce these states on the nation news?!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-14-2021), Guno צְבִי (08-05-2021), Phantasmal (08-05-2021), PoliTalker (08-05-2021), Trumpet (08-06-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

A State for State match.

More lies from the left

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello memorygal,

Quote Originally Posted by memorygal View Post
    More lies from the left
    SMH

OK, then.

If you would like to back that wild claim up with data from a credible source, 'The Left' is all ears.

'The Left' would like you to know though, that 'The Left' doesn't really expect to see any contraindicating data.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-05-2021), Trumpet (08-06-2021), Whythink (08-06-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,561 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Proof that god hates rightys.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello memorygal,

SMH

OK, then.

If you would like to back that wild claim up with data from a credible source, 'The Left' is all ears.

'The Left' would like you to know though, that 'The Left' doesn't really expect to see any contraindicating data.
    proof that leftist want to control every aspect of other's lives

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello memorygal,

A total and completely absurd exaggeration.

Did leftists control what clothes you chose to wear today?

Did leftists control what food you chose to eat today?

Did leftists control what job you chose to work?

Did leftists control what time you chose to get up in the morning? When you went to bed. What kind of bed you have. Who chose your furniture?

Did leftists control what home you chose to have?

Did leftists control what car you chose to drive?

Did leftists control what friends you chose to have?

Did leftists control what programs you chose to enjoy?

Did leftists control if you should have, or how many, children you chose to have?

Did leftists control what education you chose to get?

No.

None of those aspects of your life have been controlled by leftists. And few other aspects, I would presume.

It is unwise to believe things which simply are not true. It leads to sad misunderstandings.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-05-2021), Whythink (08-06-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    No surprise here, they just announce these states on the nation news?!!

The jesusland states

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-05-2021), Whythink (08-06-2021)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,281 Times in 27,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

A State for State match.

Having receieved their talking points from rightwing media personalities, Deplorable posters have tried to pin this on blacks, Hispanics, immigrants.

The reality is, the problem is Republican leadership at state and local levels. Their vaccine rollout programs have been utter failures.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-05-2021), PoliTalker (08-06-2021), Whythink (08-06-2021)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,561 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

What do you base crazy statements like that on? The people do not make the rules. It is the wealthy. People like trump do.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-05-2021), Whythink (08-06-2021)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's a whack-a-mole game of whataboutism, followed by a logical reason why that is false, followed by more whataboutism, followed by another logical reason why that also, is false, and on and on.

The argument I have presented here is based on data and logic.

The counter argument has thus far been based on whataboutism, subject-hopping, and in each case, the counter arguments given (if they may be called that, and that is with the greatest latitude) are simply false.

The data given in the OP leads us to no other conclusion besides Republicans are tragically terrible at managing the pandemic. And I say that in actually the most generous terms. Really, these policies have made the pandemic worse.

If the best combined knowledge of the science of dealing with pandemics is ignored, and in it's place an emphasis on letting people do whatever they feel like doing is substituted, the expected result is precisely what we are seeing. The pandemic running loose, and absolutely preventable deaths spiking in a very tragic way which threatens the safety of others.

The States faring the best in the pandemic are those which are following Dr Fauci and the combined knowledge of science as gathered by our awesome huge government, one of the finest on the planet.

The States faring the worst are those which have rejected the benefits of science and listened instead to anti-science government-haters.

People who hate government have no business controlling government. All they wish to do is dismantle it. We would not survive that. We have to have government, and government needs to constantly grow in response to our growing world.

For instance, we did not need an FCC before radio was invented. We did not need an FAA before aviation was invented. We did need a NWS before it was created, and we paid a terrible price for not having that, such as the great Galveston Hurricane of 1900.

We need our big government sometimes, and this pandemic is a prime example. If government-haters / small government people were in charge, we would not even have a National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and we would have no national guidance on how to deal with the pandemic, and we would simply be seeing the pandemic raging out of control all over the country, hospitals overwhelmed, unable to keep up with the number of sick people trying to get in, a tragic situation.

Fortunately, we have Democrats to stand between live people and Republican thinking. Thousands of Americans are alive today in Blue States because of the Democratic Party.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Whythink (08-06-2021)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    What do you base crazy statements like that on? The people do not make the rules. It is the wealthy. People like trump do.
    leftist liberal unAmerican idiots try to

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good morning memorygal,

leftist liberal unAmerican idiots try to
    This sounds like nothing more than incoherent opposition, with no substance.

I am remembering our conversation from yesterday.

A left-leaning poster created this thread to point out a very tragic life-and-death trend in how Republican State policies are resulting in needless preventable deaths and pointless misery that are gripping our nation.

A right-leaning poster made an erroneous claim that the OP is: "More lies from the left."

There has been absolutely nothing to back up that erroneous claim.

An invitation followed that bogus claim to show which part of the OP might be incorrect, and to back it up with a credible source.

Was that followed through on successfully?

No. Not at all.

Instead, the challenge went unanswered. A (sort of) response was made in the form of another post, but it failed to provide anything to back up the false charge that the OP was in error. All the response did was attempt to change the subject by making yet another wild unsupported claim, which was also promptly shown to be without merit.

Subject-hopping is not debate.

In order to deal with a clear and present danger, it is necessary to properly identify the danger and form a logical plan to deal with it.

Our awesome government has identified this pandemic as a clear and present danger, and our awesome government has hired the best top level scientists it could to study the problem and produce guidance for us to take steps to protect ourselves and our neighbors.

That guidance has been extremely effective where it has been followed.

Because Republicans have foolishly refused to comply with this logic, with have no good reasons for doing so besides pure selfishness, America in Republican-controlled States is hurting. America is bleeding lives.

It is obvious that Republicans are pandering to the most foolish and immature minds because that is the only way they can get enough support to desperately cling to whatever power they can. This is completely unpatriotic. These people have no business in our government. They claim government is bad, but they themselves are the ones making government bad.

We need good government.

Furthermore, Republicans are unable to get enough votes by appealing to wise and well-informed minds with logical policy proposals, so they have attempted to negatively influence voter turn-out in hopes of preventing people from voting, that their own misguided throngs will be more moved to vote out of simple hatred for the good and caring citizens of the left and middle, whipped up by wild rumors and ugly propaganda.

Instead of proposing good policy, Republicans pledge allegiance to the whims of one charismatic, yet mentally ill person.

I'll remind you that there was no Republican Party platform in 2020! Look it up. Nothing!

Republicans need to take a step back from politics and ask themselves just what it is they stand for besides hatred and resistance to national unity. We all want personal freedom. All Americans want that. But we all know we have no right to expect that our individual freedoms should threaten the future of our nation. We want to think of ourselves, but we also have to accept that we live in a society, and that our personal freedoms come with the price of whatever constraints are required for the preservation of our country.

We have to balance raw selfishness with true patriotism.

Ask not what your country can do for you.

Ask what you can do for your country. (JFK)

It is time for Republicans to ask what they can do for the nation, not just the individuals within this nation.

We all think of ourselves. But we all must think of others as well.

Get vaccinated.

Wear a mask.

Keep your distance.

Let's get this done so we can move on.