Members banned from this thread: LV426


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: DeSantis blasts Biden, vows Florida won’t be ‘biomedical security state’

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    48,623
    Thanks
    12,319
    Thanked 20,550 Times in 14,403 Posts
    Groans
    243
    Groaned 1,846 Times in 1,759 Posts

    Angry DeSantis blasts Biden, vows Florida won’t be ‘biomedical security state’

    This is a guy who ran for president saying he was gonna ‘shut down the virus’. And what has he done?” DeSantis asked. “He’s imported more virus from around the world by having a wide-open southern border“.

    “I can tell you, whatever variants are around the world, they’re coming across that southern border,” the governor added. And so, he’s not shutting down the virus, he’s helping to facilitate it in our country.”

    Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis ripped President Biden Wednesday, accusing the White House of trying to implement a “biomedical security state” and warning that “I don’t want to hear a blip about COVID” until the administration’s border policy changes.
    https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/gov-ro...ovid-19-cases/

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    Life is Golden (08-05-2021), MAGA (08-05-2021), Stretch (08-05-2021)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    48,903
    Thanks
    15,826
    Thanked 10,305 Times in 8,461 Posts
    Groans
    585
    Groaned 1,573 Times in 1,516 Posts

    Default

    LOL
    Dachshund Lives Matter

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

    guno (08-05-2021)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    48,623
    Thanks
    12,319
    Thanked 20,550 Times in 14,403 Posts
    Groans
    243
    Groaned 1,846 Times in 1,759 Posts

    Default

    f some governors aren’t willing to do the right thing to beat this pandemic, then they should allow businesses and universities who want to do the right thing to be able to do it,” Biden said Tuesday in response to pushback against mask and vaccine mandates. “I say to these governors, ‘Please, help.’ But if you aren’t going to help, at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing. Use your power to save lives.”

    On Wednesday, DeSantis accused Biden of wanting to copy New York’s sweeping vaccine mandate, in which “restaurants should ban young kids from being able to go in because they’re not eligible for vaccination, and law-abiding citizens have to produce proof of their medical records just to go to the gym or attend an event, or just to participate in everyday society.

    “He wants that, but yet if you want to vote, he thinks it’s too much of a burden to show a picture ID when you’re voting,” the governor went on. “So no voter ID, but you have to show your medical papers just to be able to live an everyday life? Give me a break.”

    DeSantis added that America faces a choice between being a “free society, or we can have a biomedical security state. And I can tell you, Florida, we’re a free state.”

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    MAGA (08-05-2021), Stretch (08-05-2021)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    21,016
    Thanks
    67,984
    Thanked 11,035 Times in 7,004 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 1,195 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    f some governors aren’t willing to do the right thing to beat this pandemic, then they should allow businesses and universities who want to do the right thing to be able to do it,” Biden said Tuesday in response to pushback against mask and vaccine mandates. “I say to these governors, ‘Please, help.’ But if you aren’t going to help, at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing. Use your power to save lives.”

    On Wednesday, DeSantis accused Biden of wanting to copy New York’s sweeping vaccine mandate, in which “restaurants should ban young kids from being able to go in because they’re not eligible for vaccination, and law-abiding citizens have to produce proof of their medical records just to go to the gym or attend an event, or just to participate in everyday society.

    “He wants that, but yet if you want to vote, he thinks it’s too much of a burden to show a picture ID when you’re voting,” the governor went on. “So no voter ID, but you have to show your medical papers just to be able to live an everyday life? Give me a break.”

    DeSantis added that America faces a choice between being a “free society, or we can have a biomedical security state. And I can tell you, Florida, we’re a free state.”
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white



    ברוך השם

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to guno For This Post:

    AProudLefty (08-05-2021)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    10,262
    Thanks
    1,407
    Thanked 3,813 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 669 Times in 629 Posts

    Default


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

    AProudLefty (08-05-2021)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    48,623
    Thanks
    12,319
    Thanked 20,550 Times in 14,403 Posts
    Groans
    243
    Groaned 1,846 Times in 1,759 Posts

    Default

    The governor closed with a warning to the administration: “If you’re coming after the rights of parents in Florida, I’m standing in your way.
    I’m not going to let you get away with it. If you’re trying to deny kids a proper in-person education, I’m gonna stand in your way and I’m gonna stand up for the kids in Florida.
    If you’re trying to restrict people, impose mandates, if you’re trying to ruin their jobs and their livelihoods and their small business, if you are trying to lock people down, I am standing in your way, and I’m standing for the people of Florida.
    see also

    So why don’t you do your job? Why don’t you get this border secure, and until you do that, I don’t want to hear a blip about COVID from you.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    MAGA (08-05-2021), Stretch (08-05-2021)

  13. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    48,623
    Thanks
    12,319
    Thanked 20,550 Times in 14,403 Posts
    Groans
    243
    Groaned 1,846 Times in 1,759 Posts

    Default

    the usual idiots post pics..

    why is the southern border wide open to migrants from around the world?

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    MAGA (08-05-2021), PostmodernProphet (08-05-2021), Stretch (08-05-2021)

  15. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    48,903
    Thanks
    15,826
    Thanked 10,305 Times in 8,461 Posts
    Groans
    585
    Groaned 1,573 Times in 1,516 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    the usual idiots post pics..

    why is the southern border wide open to migrants from around the world?
    Loaded question.
    Dachshund Lives Matter

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

    Micawber (08-05-2021)

  17. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    48,623
    Thanks
    12,319
    Thanked 20,550 Times in 14,403 Posts
    Groans
    243
    Groaned 1,846 Times in 1,759 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Loaded question.
    nope. very simple question, the excuses given are dissembling ramblings

  18. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    48,903
    Thanks
    15,826
    Thanked 10,305 Times in 8,461 Posts
    Groans
    585
    Groaned 1,573 Times in 1,516 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    nope. very simple question, the excuses given are dissembling ramblings
    It is a loaded question. By asking us "why", you are already expecting an answer. It's like asking if someone has stopped beating his wife.
    Dachshund Lives Matter

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

    guno (08-05-2021)

  20. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    19,819
    Thanks
    21,923
    Thanked 7,515 Times in 5,394 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 2,097 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    This is a guy who ran for president saying he was gonna ‘shut down the virus’. And what has he done?” DeSantis asked. “He’s imported more virus from around the world by having a wide-open southern border“.

    “I can tell you, whatever variants are around the world, they’re coming across that southern border,” the governor added. And so, he’s not shutting down the virus, he’s helping to facilitate it in our country.”

    Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis ripped President Biden Wednesday, accusing the White House of trying to implement a “biomedical security state” and warning that “I don’t want to hear a blip about COVID” until the administration’s border policy changes.
    https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/gov-ro...ovid-19-cases/
    The bodies are starting to pile up in Florida.
    The Big Steal = The Big Lie.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

    guno (08-05-2021)

  22. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    19,819
    Thanks
    21,923
    Thanked 7,515 Times in 5,394 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 2,097 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Loaded question.
    The questioning game is a common tactic that the Trumpiods use on this forum to deflect from the subject.
    The Big Steal = The Big Lie.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

    AProudLefty (08-05-2021), guno (08-05-2021)

  24. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    19,819
    Thanks
    21,923
    Thanked 7,515 Times in 5,394 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 2,097 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    This is a guy who ran for president saying he was gonna ‘shut down the virus’. And what has he done?” DeSantis asked. “He’s imported more virus from around the world by having a wide-open southern border“.

    “I can tell you, whatever variants are around the world, they’re coming across that southern border,” the governor added. And so, he’s not shutting down the virus, he’s helping to facilitate it in our country.”

    Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis ripped President Biden Wednesday, accusing the White House of trying to implement a “biomedical security state” and warning that “I don’t want to hear a blip about COVID” until the administration’s border policy changes.
    https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/gov-ro...ovid-19-cases/

    Florida leads the nation in new Covid-19 adult and child hospital admissions



    The latest CDC data, published Thursday, shows that at least 2,065 adults and 47 children were admitted with Covid-19 into Florida hospitals since the previous day. Texas trailed behind Florida with at least 1,318 adults and 40 pediatric Covid-19 hospitalization admissions.

    https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/cor...1d9912e5409247
    The Big Steal = The Big Lie.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

    guno (08-05-2021)

  26. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    36,695
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 15,964 Times in 11,127 Posts
    Groans
    4,354
    Groaned 3,609 Times in 3,353 Posts

    Default

    Desantis is running for 2024. He is showing the super-rich that he will permit Floridians to die to do what they ask. He trumping Trump. He is buying national power spending lives. The powers will drop Trump like a rock if Desantis shows no values.

  27. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,860
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6,613 Times in 4,750 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 242 Times in 221 Posts

    Default

    So, how many of those hospitalized in Florida for Chinese Disease are here illegally?

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

    MAGA (08-05-2021), Stretch (08-05-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 248
    Last Post: 08-06-2021, 09:51 AM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-29-2021, 05:20 PM
  3. DeSantis blasts Big Tech for banning trump while letting iran call for killing jews
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2021, 06:21 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2021, 04:50 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2021, 09:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •