Thread: “The GOP pushed Benghazi probes for years. It’s already done with Jan. 6.”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default “The GOP pushed Benghazi probes for years. It’s already done with Jan. 6.”

“Republicans spent years pushing for investigation after investigation of the tragedy in Benghazi, Libya. But when it comes to the Jan. 6 insurrection, they’re already very much over it.”

“That verdict was particularly striking given Congress hasn’t actually produced any big investigative products. They had held hearings, yes, but the first big report on intelligence and security failures, a bipartisan product of the Senate, wouldn’t arrive for another two weeks. Despite this, less than five months after the insurrection, Republicans don’t see the need to look into how this happened.”

“Perhaps most tellingly, it’s a huge contrast to how the party viewed the Benghazi investigations. For months and years after the 2012 attack Fox News’s pollsters asked questions about people’s appetite for investigating it, and Republicans’ appetite was voracious and long-lasting.”

“In June 2017 Fox News asked a similar question again. And lo and behold: 65 percent of Republicans still said it was either “extremely” or “very” important that the investigations into Benghazi continue. This was just shy of five years after the attack, after six congressional investigations, including a select committee run by Republicans that had concluded its work.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ne-with-jan-6/

Bottom line is that the right wants January 6th to disappear as quickly as possible because, even if they won’t admit it, they know the real truth and their Messiah’s role in it

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-05-2021), martin (08-05-2021), Phantasmal (08-05-2021), PoliTalker (08-05-2021), Trumpet (08-05-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

The more the RepubliQans whine about the Jan 6 investigation, the guiltier they look.

When the truth comes out, they know they're fucked. They can no longer protect their King Trump.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-05-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Republicans were too stupid to push back on the Libyan war 2011

The Hillary/NATO/Obama war on Libya was the disease -Bengazi just the symptom of teh disease
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,793 Times in 32,156 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

the government did something in Benghazi........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Every single Republicans here (except Dutch) supports, condones or overlooks their own party's violent treason and attempts to illegally overturn the US Presidential election
    by physical coup de etat, and by opposing 2 meritorious trials after successful impeachments. Nothing they say matters on any political subject whatsoever until they own it, apologize and renounce
    Trump and his ilk (all house and Senate Rs save three). The preceding behavior amounts to your declaration of war on the United States.

So "Fuck you" is my standing debate point, you fucking traitors. It wins all debates.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Republicans were too stupid to push back on the Libyan war 2011

The Hillary/NATO/Obama war on Libya was the disease -Bengazi just the symptom of teh disease
    And none of that changes nor reflects anything on the point of the thread, “The GOP pushed Benghazi probes for years. It’s already done with Jan. 6.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-05-2021)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the government did something in Benghazi........
    And the highest level of the government did something on January 6th

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

The "probes" into both by the respective sides are purely political and anyone with an ounce of sense could/can see it.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

People who are guilty of committing crimes are reluctant to have investigations of those crimes. Trump planned and carried out an insurrection and he had been assisted by several Republican politicians. That is exactly why they are fighting an investigation.
    The Trump revolution was televised. The red's only salvation is in hiding it.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,793 Times in 32,156 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And the highest level of the government did something on January 6th
    "what difference does it make now"?....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,396 Times in 3,339 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    "what difference does it make now"?....
    None to you apparently. To Americans who care about Constitutional government it makes a difference in recognizing and squashing the legitimacy implicit in whitewashing a violent attempt to supplant Constitutional government with third world "Chief of State" tyranny, as Judge Jackson explained yesterday in sentencing one of Trump's mob.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,774 Times in 33,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    “Republicans spent years pushing for investigation after investigation of the tragedy in Benghazi, Libya. But when it comes to the Jan. 6 insurrection, they’re already very much over it.”

“That verdict was particularly striking given Congress hasn’t actually produced any big investigative products. They had held hearings, yes, but the first big report on intelligence and security failures, a bipartisan product of the Senate, wouldn’t arrive for another two weeks. Despite this, less than five months after the insurrection, Republicans don’t see the need to look into how this happened.”

“Perhaps most tellingly, it’s a huge contrast to how the party viewed the Benghazi investigations. For months and years after the 2012 attack Fox News’s pollsters asked questions about people’s appetite for investigating it, and Republicans’ appetite was voracious and long-lasting.”

“In June 2017 Fox News asked a similar question again. And lo and behold: 65 percent of Republicans still said it was either “extremely” or “very” important that the investigations into Benghazi continue. This was just shy of five years after the attack, after six congressional investigations, including a select committee run by Republicans that had concluded its work.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ne-with-jan-6/

Bottom line is that the right wants January 6th to disappear as quickly as possible because, even if they won’t admit it, they know the real truth and their Messiah’s role in it
    They also know there are Rep. and Senators whose roles don’t look good at all.