Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Trump asks judge to block release of tax returns

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default Trump asks judge to block release of tax returns

    Attorneys for former president Donald Trump on Wednesday blasted a Justice Department ruling that directed the Treasury Department to turn over his tax returns to Congress, formally asking a court to block their release and arguing that records of former presidents as well as presidents should be similarly protected from subpoenas by lawmakers.

    Trump’s lawyers called last week’s decision by the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel the latest effort at partisan retaliation against him by Democrats, and denied that the House Ways and Means Committee sought six years of his tax returns out of a legitimate interest in closing tax loopholes exploited by wealthy Americans.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4de_story.html

    The President is not a king. No one is above the law.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    guno (08-04-2021), Micawber (08-05-2021), Phantasmal (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107,317
    Thanks
    8,518
    Thanked 30,446 Times in 24,281 Posts
    Groans
    2,924
    Groaned 2,388 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    No one is above the law.
    then why were all charges against the rioters in Portland dropped?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Grumpy (08-06-2021)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    then why were all charges against the rioters in Portland dropped?.....
    Look you goddam troll:

    WHEN YOU HAVE NO COMMENT ON A TOPIC, START YOUR OWN THREAD

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    christiefan915 (08-04-2021), guno (08-04-2021), Iolo/Penderyn (08-06-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107,317
    Thanks
    8,518
    Thanked 30,446 Times in 24,281 Posts
    Groans
    2,924
    Groaned 2,388 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Look you goddam troll:

    WHEN YOU HAVE NO COMMENT ON A TOPIC, START YOUR OWN THREAD
    that IS a comment on the topic, you mindless cunt.......you were the one who brought up "no one is above the law"........did you know that only people who violate the law are UNDER it?......Trump violated no laws, so why should you get to look at his tax returns?.......they are none of your business......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23,438
    Thanks
    10,041
    Thanked 12,465 Times in 8,602 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,123 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Default

    Of course he's trying to keep his returns from the public. Why do you think he's still trying to be installed in the White House?

    He NEEDS the protections that being POTUS offered.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    christiefan915 (08-04-2021), guno (08-04-2021), Iolo/Penderyn (08-06-2021), Phantasmal (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    51,552
    Thanks
    85,336
    Thanked 41,712 Times in 26,585 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,037 Times in 3,787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Of course he's trying to keep his returns from the public. Why do you think he's still trying to be installed in the White House?

    He NEEDS the protections that being POTUS offered.
    Exactly. Makes you wonder what he's so afraid of being revealed, doesn't it?
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” -- Mark Twain

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Althea (08-05-2021), guno (08-04-2021), Iolo/Penderyn (08-06-2021), Phantasmal (08-04-2021)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 276 Times in 230 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Exactly. Makes you wonder what he's so afraid of being revealed, doesn't it?
    If Trump has to release his, all of congress must also.

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    60,974
    Thanks
    81,077
    Thanked 39,421 Times in 25,192 Posts
    Groans
    2,628
    Groaned 4,517 Times in 4,178 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Attorneys for former president Donald Trump on Wednesday blasted a Justice Department ruling that directed the Treasury Department to turn over his tax returns to Congress, formally asking a court to block their release and arguing that records of former presidents as well as presidents should be similarly protected from subpoenas by lawmakers.

    Trump’s lawyers called last week’s decision by the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel the latest effort at partisan retaliation against him by Democrats, and denied that the House Ways and Means Committee sought six years of his tax returns out of a legitimate interest in closing tax loopholes exploited by wealthy Americans.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4de_story.html

    The President is not a king. No one is above the law.
    I can’t believe his lawyer is Doug Collins.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    guno (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-05-2021)

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    51,552
    Thanks
    85,336
    Thanked 41,712 Times in 26,585 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,037 Times in 3,787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by memorygal View Post
    If Trump has to release his, all of congress must also.
    Wouldn't *that* be revealing?
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” -- Mark Twain

  16. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23,438
    Thanks
    10,041
    Thanked 12,465 Times in 8,602 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,123 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Exactly. Makes you wonder what he's so afraid of being revealed, doesn't it?
    Pretty sure we know. He doesn't want us knowing who his creditors are. He doesn't want us seeing the double dipping with respect to property valuations depending upon who was getting the paperwork.

    And he definitely doesn't want anyone knowing that any wealth he has is due to the fact that he's a trust fund baby.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (08-05-2021)

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23,438
    Thanks
    10,041
    Thanked 12,465 Times in 8,602 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,123 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by memorygal View Post
    If Trump has to release his, all of congress must also.
    LOL. They do
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (08-05-2021)

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9,244
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 481 Times in 458 Posts

    Default

    The man is a criminal.
    Sending him to prison would be a death sentence, and not a particularly humane one.

    The inmates would "go medieval on his ass" to quote the Ving Rhames line from Pulp Fiction.

    Put him in house arrest at tacky Mar-A-Lago for the rest of his worthless life, and then let's do our best to forget about him.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (08-05-2021)

  22. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    51,552
    Thanks
    85,336
    Thanked 41,712 Times in 26,585 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,037 Times in 3,787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Pretty sure we know. He doesn't want us knowing who his creditors are. He doesn't want us seeing the double dipping with respect to property valuations depending upon who was getting the paperwork.

    And he definitely doesn't want anyone knowing that any wealth he has is due to the fact that he's a trust fund baby.
    Nope. Not that that would matter to the inner circle of the Cult, of course. They'll just dismiss the fact that their #MaliciousMessiah is a deadbeat tool of Russia, all his so-called "wealth" is in hock to his fake-colored eyebrows, and most of all -- that his ostensibly lavish lifestyle is being paid for by them.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” -- Mark Twain

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Althea (08-05-2021)

  24. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    51,552
    Thanks
    85,336
    Thanked 41,712 Times in 26,585 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,037 Times in 3,787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The man is a criminal.
    Sending him to prison would be a death sentence, and not a particularly humane one.

    The inmates would "go medieval on his ass" to quote the Ving Rhames line from Pulp Fiction.

    Put him in house arrest at tacky Mar-A-Lago for the rest of his worthless life, and then let's do our best to forget about him.
    Aw c'mon. He can do at least a couple of years in Sing Sing, then be paroled to his bedbug paradise-by-the-polluted-sea.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” -- Mark Twain

  25. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9,244
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 481 Times in 458 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Aw c'mon. He can do at least a couple of years in Sing Sing, then be paroled to his bedbug paradise-by-the-polluted-sea.
    I've exposed myself as a softie, Owl.
    I guess it's time to toughen up.
    Thanks.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

Similar Threads

  1. Trump will release his Tax Returns...
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2020, 02:22 PM
  2. Biden’s IRS could finally release Trump's tax returns
    By Cypress in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-16-2020, 06:36 PM
  3. One of many real reasons Trump will never release his tax returns:
    By archives in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12-02-2019, 11:00 AM
  4. Time for Trump to release his tax returns?
    By Amadeus in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 08:08 PM
  5. Why won't treacherous Trump release his tax returns?
    By christiefan915 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 10:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •