Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 31% of Republicans Say They Will Never Be Vaccinated for COVID

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,603 Times in 9,132 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default 31% of Republicans Say They Will Never Be Vaccinated for COVID

31% of Republicans Say They Will Never Be Vaccinated for COVID. They Are Enemies of America's Public Health.

The White House announced Monday that 70% of eligible Americans have received at least one shot of the Covid-19 vaccine.

Which is good!

Also on Monday a new Monmouth University national poll came out that showed 31% of Republicans saying they will likely never get the vaccine. Never. As in not ever.

Which is bad. Really, really bad.

And you should keep that 31% number top of mind when you read things like this on President Joe Biden's plans for the week:

"The President has multiple events focused on the nationwide, and global, effort to vaccinate more people and combat the spread of variants, an opportunity to reset the administration's messaging after a series of announcements last week left many Americans confused about the state of the virus."

https://view.newsletters.cnn.com/mes...b8d3a866ab/raw

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

gemini104104 (08-04-2021), Guno צְבִי (08-04-2021), Jack (08-04-2021), Phantasmal (08-04-2021), PoliTalker (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

Where do you people get these polls? Truly sad democrats lie so much.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

31% of Republicans Say They Will Never Be Vaccinated for COVID.
    The GOP has always been about the intetests and needs of the elites.

We are seeing another Titanic moment, where the elites get seats in the lifeboats leaving the rubes on the ship.

The rightwing elites all got themselves vaccinated. The Trump family, the Tucker Carlson family, the Sean Hannity family, the Rupert Murdoch family, the Ted Cruz family.

While at the same time, the rightwing elite generally calculated that sowing vaccine skepticism and foot-dragging to their rube base was in their best financial and political interests.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2021), PoliTalker (08-04-2021), signalmankenneth (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Live Free and Die'. I support the Christian Fascists and their 'Right to Die'.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2021), Trumpet (08-04-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,181 Times in 10,672 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    31% of Republicans Say They Will Never Be Vaccinated for COVID. They Are Enemies of America's Public Health.

The White House announced Monday that 70% of eligible Americans have received at least one shot of the Covid-19 vaccine.

Which is good!

Also on Monday a new Monmouth University national poll came out that showed 31% of Republicans saying they will likely never get the vaccine. Never. As in not ever.

And you should keep that 31% number top of mind when you read things like this on President Joe Biden's plans for the week:

"The President has multiple events focused on the nationwide, and global, effort to vaccinate more people and combat the spread of variants, an opportunity to reset the administration's messaging after a series of announcements last week left many Americans confused about the state of the virus."

Best practice for you,
    Avoid all republicans.

I hear you can catch the China virus from responding to republican comments on political forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

They are a death cult. We must isolate them and ensure they are not allowed in airplanes bars restaurants sporting events concerts cruise ships or theme parks. If they attempt to misrepresent their vaccination status with a forged document we need to fine them and potentially jail them. They need to be shunned like lepers. They are enemies of public health. We cannot change their minds so I am prepared to accept their decision. The only public event they should be allowed to attend is a trump rally. No more messing around. You have chosen to willfully endanger others. Enough is enough.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021), Trumpet (08-04-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Best practice for you,
    Avoid all republicans.
    I already do this.

I hear you can catch the China virus from responding to republican comments on political forums.
    No one cares if a Republican gets sick from COVID and dies.

In fact, we want that to happen.

The only people listening to you at this point are the people we don't care about anyway, and would be better off without in society.

So I encourage you and all your "very fine people" to not get vaccinated, not wear masks, and cough in each other's mouths.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Trumpet (08-04-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

Which is good!

Yeah, they say one thing, but what do they actually do.

Talk is cheap.

Look at Carlson Tucker.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello memorygal,

Quote Originally Posted by memorygal View Post
    Where do you people get these polls? Truly sad democrats lie so much.
    You know darn well there is fault and lying on both sides. Neither side is perfect. People are people.

Americans need to wake up, get realistic, and stop being so partisan.

Bitter division is our biggest enemy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    'Live Free and Die'. I support the Christian Fascists and their 'Right to Die'.
    But not their right to spread the death to others.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

So 69% are not necessarily hate filled imbeciles? That's promising

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2021)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    They are a death cult. We must isolate them and ensure they are not allowed in airplanes bars restaurants sporting events concerts cruise ships or theme parks. If they attempt to misrepresent their vaccination status with a forged document we need to fine them and potentially jail them. They need to be shunned like lepers. They are enemies of public health. We cannot change their minds so I am prepared to accept their decision. The only public event they should be allowed to attend is a trump rally. No more messing around. You have chosen to willfully endanger others. Enough is enough.
    No public events! Not even a Trump rally. We need maximum compliance with the guidelines for the greatest effect. We cannot mess around. Any delay is one step closer to the next variant, which could be exponentially worse.

And definitely add schools to that list.

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

I read through the poll cited in the OP and have a different take on this. I'd say that women are far more panicked over Chinese Disease than men from the data presented. In every category of the poll where gender was cited, women tended to have much higher polling numbers in favor of the vaccine, having taken the vaccine, more faith in government giving them good advice, etc. Men were more skeptical.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

No public events! Not even a Trump rally. We need maximum compliance with the guidelines for the greatest effect. We cannot mess around. Any delay is one step closer to the next variant, which could be exponentially worse.

And definitely add schools to that list.
    Agreed, I was being smarmy, but I enjoyed it We need to respond to vaccine defiance with draconian measures. The vaccine defiant do not believe they should have to deal with any consequences. They don't understand the concept of freedom. It is not free. It has a cost.

DeSantis has to go. This morning, the school district that had put a mask mandate in place reversed their decision because the governor threatened to cut off aide. That is absolutely outrageous and unacceptable. He then started whining that the media was overhyping the pandemic in Florida. This on a day when hospitalizations reached a level 13% higher than the PEAK of the pandemic last year. And those numbers continue to grow, while DeSantis does his phony faux outrage because the ONLY thing he cares about is being President. Which he will never, ever be. When this is over, and the 10,000 or so Floridians who are going to die in the next few months have been buried, DeSantis will have to answer for what he did. We should be enjoying a carefree summer. The ONLY reason we aren't is the belligerence of the cult. It ends now.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-04-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2021)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,181 Times in 10,672 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

[img]https://www.1911addicts.com/attachments/aa-png.796047/ [img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.