Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No, undocumented immigrants don’t commit more crime.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Illegal immigrants are not 'bringing crime.' In many cases they are escaping from it. They are leaving places that are very dangerous with unchecked gang activity and non existent to corrupt cops, often under personal threat of violence or family violence, to try to go to a place where they can just find work. Any low paying tough job will do, so they can create a safer life to take care of their family.

The guys hanging out on the corner by Home Depot are not there looking to get picked up to commit crimes. They just want work.
    Yea, sure... That's why when I've got tools, equipment, and materials in the back of my truck I leave a worker bee to watch the truck while I'm in Home Depot or the like... You don't and those "guys hanging out on the corner by Home Depot" will rob you blind in an instant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (08-04-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Yea, sure... That's why when I've got tools, equipment, and materials in the back of my truck I leave a worker bee to watch the truck while I'm in Home Depot or the like... You don't and those "guys hanging out on the corner by Home Depot" will rob you blind in an instant.
    Prejudice works in strange ways.

I would be vastly more concerned about the fired loser white guy in the old pickup with the Trump sticker who parks nearby than the friendly group on the corner with no car, no place to conceal stolen goods, no easy escape, and everything to lose.

Better yet, just get a lockable work van like all the other electricians. And that will protect the stuff from the elements as well.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That would be a 'starter' crime. Then toss onto the list obtaining a job using either a phony or stolen SSN, they may have to lie about their name and other personal information for the same reason, etc. So, illegals have now committed more crimes in order to just continue to live and work in the US.
    Hey, nice job. Good imagination. Check under the carpets for all those hidden crimes. Crimes by definition, but victimless non violent crimes just the same. I hope you don't think that's what Trump was referring to when he said 'they are bringing crime.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Hello T. A. Gardner,

I would be vastly more concerned about the fired loser white guy in the old pickup with the Trump sticker who parks nearby than the friendly group on the corner with no car, no place to conceal stolen goods, no easy escape, and everything to lose.

Better yet, just get a lockable work van like all the other electricians. And that will protect the stuff from the elements as well.
    I had two thefts in the last two weeks in the scummy parts of town. One was a hammer drill a transient grabbed. My truck watch guy went to the bathroom. The other was more expensive. They got a three piece case of mostly parts but some expensive test equipment too. The cops are looking for that equipment to show up at a pawn shop because its all very unusual stuff except for an high end electrician to have.

My carry mix varies considerably from day-to-day. I also can't carry a 7.5 KW portable generator in a van (gasoline in an enclosed space is a no-no). It's something you frequently need because you are working on putting in the electrical power so there is no on-site electrical power.

In Arizona, anybody who's lived here awhile will have stories about illegals. Hit and runs, accidents, car theft where you vehicle ends up in Mexico.

6. #20 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Hello T. A. Gardner,

That's because you're a fucking prejudiced lunatic and communist yourself.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Hey, nice job. Good imagination. Check under the carpets for all those hidden crimes. Crimes by definition, but victimless non violent crimes just the same. I hope you don't think that's what Trump was referring to when he said 'they are bringing crime.'
    It is exactly what Trump was referring to, along with the drugs, the gangs, the violent criminals, etc.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Immigrants commit less crime than regular Americans. They start more businesses. The economic success of America has always depended on immigrants.
    The right has pushed a dishonest and harmful meme to make rightys angrier. They are playing the right as suckers. It is very easy.
    Yeah, if you include Asian immigrants.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Texas authorities have for years been making flimsy claims about lawlessness at the border that local law enforcement has angrily denied. But the Department of Public Safety, the director of which is appointed by the governor, seems unlikely to consider the University of Wisconsin study — even though it was done using the department’s own data.

El Paso is a border town and was recently ranked as the fourth safest large city in America,” Blanco said in an email. “The rhetoric around immigration, including calling immigrants criminals, is dangerous and wrong. As we come up on the second anniversary of the Walmart shooting, El Paso knows firsthand what that rhetoric can drive people to do.”
    Latinos ( illegals) don't commit that much crime, unlike Blacks ( citizens)

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

the study has a statistical fallacy built into it.....it measures the incidents of crime per 100,000 persons overall.......for a true comparison of which class causes more crime you would have to compare legal residents committing crimes per 100,000 legal residents with illegal immigrants committing crimes per 100,000 illegal immigrants......

statistics aren't provided, but if for example, one in one thousand people are here illegally then, if 96 illegals commit crimes versus 216 legal residents, then illegals are actually 2,000% more likely to commit violent crime than legal residents.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”