Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: NY AG reports Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women

1. #361 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,635 Times in 10,061 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Biden Says Cuomo ‘Doing One Hell of a Job!’ Calls Governor the ‘Gold Standard!’

2. #362 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,458 Times in 52,470 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by memorygal View Post
    Wow he really hurt you uh?
    Not at all. He will only hurt you which is why you need to escape him ASAP. The sooner you escape the sooner you can find a good, loving partner.

There's help here: https://www.thehotline.org/

Recognizing abuse is the first step.
    Recognize the signs of relationship abuse
    At the start of a new relationship, it’s not always easy to tell if it will later become abusive. In fact, many abusive people appear like ideal partners in the early stages of a relationship. Possessive and controlling behaviors don’t always appear overnight and may emerge and intensify as the relationship grows.

Every relationship is different and domestic violence doesn’t always look the same. One feature shared by most abusive relationships is that the abusive partner tries to establish or gain power and control through many different methods, at different moments.

Common signs of abusive behavior in a partner include:
    Even one or two of these behaviors in a relationship is a red flag that abuse may be present.
    • Telling you that you never do anything right.
    • Showing extreme jealousy of your friends or time spent away from them.
    • Preventing or discouraging you from spending time with friends, family members, or peers.
    • Insulting, demeaning, or shaming you, especially in front of other people.
    • Preventing you from making your own decisions, including about working or attending school.
    • Controlling finances in the household without discussion, including taking your money or refusing to provide money for necessary expenses.
    • Pressuring you to have sex or perform sexual acts you’re not comfortable with.
    • Pressuring you to use drugs or alcohol.
    • Intimidating you through threatening looks or actions.
    • Insulting your parenting or threatening to harm or take away your children or pets.
    • Intimidating you with weapons like guns, knives, bats, or mace.
    • Destroying your belongings or your home.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #363 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,168 Times in 33,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Biden Says Cuomo ‘Doing One Hell of a Job!’ Calls Governor the ‘Gold Standard!’
    That was then, now he thinks he should resign.

4. #364 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    That was then, now he thinks he should resign.
    Agreed. The Trumpsters will shit if someone points out how often Trump flip-flopped on major issues such as COVID, his greatest screw-up, and the US military.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-05-2021)

6. #365 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Republicans are so desperate to justify their depravity through hypocrisy allegations
    they have to create Dem strawmen to object to Cuomo being criticized for sexual harassment.

Show me the Democrats doing so other than meekly suggesting there should be some proof before consequences.
    Throw Cuomo in jail, impeach him, we are OK with that. Just make the case in the proper respective forums.
    If Trump were governor of NY and this same exact thing was happening to him?

Republicans would be totally defending him, in denial, using whataboutism to change the subject, whatever.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 08-05-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #366 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Andrew Cuomo: "I've always been a soft guy. I am the love gov. I'm a cool dude in a loose mood, you know that. I just say, 'Let it go, just go with the flow, baby.' You know. You can't control anything, so don't even try."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #367 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Not at all. He will only hurt you which is why you need to escape him ASAP. The sooner you escape the sooner you can find a good, loving partner.

There's help here: https://www.thehotline.org/

Recognizing abuse is the first step.
    Recognize the signs of relationship abuse
    At the start of a new relationship, it’s not always easy to tell if it will later become abusive. In fact, many abusive people appear like ideal partners in the early stages of a relationship. Possessive and controlling behaviors don’t always appear overnight and may emerge and intensify as the relationship grows.

Every relationship is different and domestic violence doesn’t always look the same. One feature shared by most abusive relationships is that the abusive partner tries to establish or gain power and control through many different methods, at different moments.

Common signs of abusive behavior in a partner include:
    Even one or two of these behaviors in a relationship is a red flag that abuse may be present.
    • Telling you that you never do anything right.
    • Showing extreme jealousy of your friends or time spent away from them.
    • Preventing or discouraging you from spending time with friends, family members, or peers.
    • Insulting, demeaning, or shaming you, especially in front of other people.
    • Preventing you from making your own decisions, including about working or attending school.
    • Controlling finances in the household without discussion, including taking your money or refusing to provide money for necessary expenses.
    • Pressuring you to have sex or perform sexual acts you’re not comfortable with.
    • Pressuring you to use drugs or alcohol.
    • Intimidating you through threatening looks or actions.
    • Insulting your parenting or threatening to harm or take away your children or pets.
    • Intimidating you with weapons like guns, knives, bats, or mace.
    • Destroying your belongings or your home.

I feel bad for your wife... sad you put all your energy into someone you don't even know. Does she go looking for love elsewhere? Or does she just ignore you because you are an old washed up hippy?

9. #368 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I feel bad for your wife... sad you put all your energy into someone you don't even know. Does she go looking for love elsewhere? Or does she just ignore you because you are an old washed up hippy?
    My wife was the one to encourage me to do "the Christian thing". Before, I'd have only be interested in hooking up with you in a hotel and showing you why there are better men for you. Yes, even men can evolve for the better.

Seriously: he will hurt you in the end. Dump him now and start your life anew. The sooner the better.

10. #369 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

My wife was the one to encourage me to do "the Christian thing". Before, I'd have only be interested in hooking up with you in a hotel and showing you why there are better men for you. Yes, even men can evolve for the better.

Seriously: he will hurt you in the end. Dump him now and start your life anew. The sooner the better.
    You are one sad little man... your wife really needs to dump you NOW

11. #370 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Micawber,

If Trump were governor of NY and this same exact thing was happening to him?

Republicans would be totally defending him, in denial, using whataboutism to change the subject, whatever.
    ...and Far Lefties like Hoosier Daddy would be screaming for his head on the mere rumor of misconduct. Life goes on. LOL

BTW, Hoosier Mommy was a lot nicer in more ways than one.

12. #371 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are one sad little man... your wife really needs to dump you NOW
    Your choice, but eventually you'll realize I'm right about the loser you've hitched yourself up with.

13. #372 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Andrew Cuomo: "I've always been a soft guy. I am the love gov. I'm a cool dude in a loose mood, you know that. I just say, 'Let it go, just go with the flow, baby.' You know. You can't control anything, so don't even try."
    You gotta know that Chris is just eating this shit up, right? LOL

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-06-2021)

15. #373 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Will the Democrats force him to resign or give him a pass?
    The evidence is too strong, he should resign. We cannot actually force him to resign, but we can try.

Interesting, the evidence against trump is stronger. We even have trump on tape admitting he sexually assaults women in the same way over a hundred women claim he does.

16. #374 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The evidence is too strong, he should resign. We cannot actually force him to resign, but we can try.

Interesting, the evidence against trump is stronger. We even have trump on tape admitting he sexually assaults women in the same way over a hundred women claim he does.
    It appears you are correct; Cuomo will either resign or be assured of impeachment.

As for Trump; I don't know the statute of limitations on such things. Look at how much Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton got away with.

17. #375 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,833 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Cuomo is a Dem who did wrong, so he will pay bigly. He is not a Repub. Our exploiters do not walk. When a Dem does it he Goetz in trouble.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-06-2021)