Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida's Number One! In Daily Covid Hospitalizations!! DeSantis for President!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Default Florida's Number One! In Daily Covid Hospitalizations!! DeSantis for President!

Associated Press
    Florida breaks record for COVID-19 hospitalizations
    MIKE SCHNEIDER
    Sun, August 1, 2021, 12:41 PM
    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations set more than a year ago before vaccines were available.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.

Florida is now leading the nation in per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19, as hospitals around the state report having to put emergency room visitors in beds in hallways and others document a noticeable drop in the age of patients.

In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.

The hospitalizations and increasing cases have come as the new, more transmittable delta variant has spread throughout Florida, and residents have returned to pre-pandemic activities.

“The recent rise is both striking and not-at-all surprising,” Salemi said in an email late Saturday.

Federal health data released Saturday showed that Florida reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19, the state’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic. The latest numbers were recorded on Friday and released on Saturday on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website. The figures show how quickly the number of cases is rising in the Sunshine State: only a day earlier, Florida reported 17,093 new daily cases.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

no worries (08-02-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,108 Times in 12,634 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

5th oldest population, #1 in tourism I am pretty sure....and I have heard that the revolution is sending in lots of illegals..

We are going to have to live with this bug people.

You do understand this right?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    5th oldest population, #1 in tourism I am pretty sure....and I have heard that the revolution is sending in lots of illegals..

dealing with it by not allowing mask or vaccination mandates? by hoping for the best?

florida has 3.8% illegal population. colorado has 3.4%. texas has 5.7%. cali has 5.6%. new jersey has 5.2%. not a good argument, trumpster.

https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic...ants-by-state/

the 5 states with the oldest population- Maine, Florida, W. Virginia, Vermont, Delaware.....all the other old states are way below the national average in covid hospitalizations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-02-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    dealing with it by not allowing mask or vaccination mandates? by hoping for the best?

florida has 3.8% illegal population. colorado has 3.4%. texas has 5.7%. cali has 5.6%. new jersey has 5.2%. not a good argument, trumpster.

the 5 states with the oldest population- Maine, Florida, W. Virginia, Vermont, Delaware.....all the other old states are way below the national average in covid hospitalizations.
    Get ready for very hard times Fucker, cause they are most certainly coming.

Consider yourself warned.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Get ready for very hard times Fucker, cause they are most certainly coming.

Consider yourself warned.
    i am prepared, dickstain. it is you trumpers that are living in ignorance and relying on trailer park logic.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (08-02-2021), no worries (08-02-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-02-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i am prepared, dickstain. it is you trumpers that are living in ignorance and relying on trailer park logic.
    "Thank you for trying to help" is the appropriate response.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Since the beginning.

Even worse, relying on FOX "Logic".

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    Since the beginning.

Even worse, relying on FOX "Logic".
    I reference Bret and Heather...fellow Progressives...more than I do Tucker.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Dude, aren’t we all up to speed on the peaks and waves by now?

Waves peak, then they come down. The one in FL is probably near peak so it will come down *long before* November of next year lol. In which case, your lame attempt to politicize the Bat Lady’s CCP bug will be long forgotten. You also seem ignorant/oblivious to the prospect that FL may simply be first in getting its wave.

How do you manage to not know these things—going into our second year of dealing with the virus that was likely engineered in China using some of our own genetic engineering technology?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Dude, aren’t we all up to speed on the peaks and waves by now?

Waves peak, then they come down. The one in FL is probably near peak so it will come down *long before* November of next year lol. In which case, your lame attempt to politicize the Bat Lady’s CCP bug will be long forgotten. You also seem ignorant/oblivious to the prospect that FL may simply be first in getting its wave.

How do you manage to not know these things—going into our second year of dealing with the virus that was likely engineered in China using some of our own genetic engineering technology?
    florida is the worst at dealing with it, stupid. ask DeSantis. it was not likely engineered in china and even if it was, what does that have to do with how awful trump and desantis dealt with it?

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

florida is the worst at dealing with it, stupid. ask DeSantis. it was not likely engineered in china and even if it was, what does that have to do with how awful trump and desantis dealt with it?
    Didn’t your buddy Cuomo write a book on ‘how to deal’ with Covid lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. The Following User Groans At Darth Omar For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (08-02-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Associated Press
    Florida breaks record for COVID-19 hospitalizations
    MIKE SCHNEIDER
    Sun, August 1, 2021, 12:41 PM
    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations set more than a year ago before vaccines were available.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.

Florida is now leading the nation in per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19, as hospitals around the state report having to put emergency room visitors in beds in hallways and others document a noticeable drop in the age of patients.

In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.

The hospitalizations and increasing cases have come as the new, more transmittable delta variant has spread throughout Florida, and residents have returned to pre-pandemic activities.

“The recent rise is both striking and not-at-all surprising,” Salemi said in an email late Saturday.

Federal health data released Saturday showed that Florida reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19, the state’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic. The latest numbers were recorded on Friday and released on Saturday on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website. The figures show how quickly the number of cases is rising in the Sunshine State: only a day earlier, Florida reported 17,093 new daily cases.

Bam!!!

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, we do not have to live with the bug. We are living with the bug because of ignorant selfish fucking assholes like you. Tourism has nothing to do with the outbreak in Florida. The elderly population has nothing to do with the outbreak in Florida. Florida is EXPORTING the virus, not importing it.

Here are the facts regarding Florida. Over 80% of the senior population is vaccinated. That's why the average age of hospitalized people is now around 50. And EVERY SINGLE COUNTY in Florida is a hot zone. In fact, every county has more than double the cases needed to be considered a hot zone. So your bullshit about the elderly, and tourists, and immigrants is just that. Bullshit. The pandemic in Florida is being driven primarily by Republicans who refuse to be vaccinated. Idiots like you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-02-2021)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

The forecast is for around 10,000 Floridians to be dead by October. Darth is a fucking moron. Every single thing he has said is wrong. Flat out wrong. Period, end of story.

Florida, Missouri and Louisiana seem to have been the first. If idiots like Darth refuse to be vaccinated, they will be next.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Florida is #1 if you ignore all the states that had more.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”