Thread: Florida, WTF?? Desantis' Dem challenger would not impose mask mandate

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Florida, WTF?? Desantis' Dem challenger would not impose mask mandate

DeSantis challenger Nikki Fried says she does not support statewide mask mandate in Florid

Source: The Hill

Nikki Fried, the Florida state agriculture commissioner and one of the Democrats challenging Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) next year, on Monday said that she does not support a statewide mask mandate as the Florida emerges as the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S.

In an interview on CNN’s “New Day,” Fried ruled out any state-level directive requiring Floridians to wear masks but said that the governor should empower local governments and school boards to make such decisions on their own.

“Every county needs to make their own decisions,” Fried said when asked whether she would support a statewide mask mandate. “No statewide mask mandate, but I certainly would want every school board to have the power to make the right decisions for their own communities.”

Fried, the only Democratic statewide elected official in Florida, also criticized DeSantis and the Republican-controlled state Legislature, which passed a bill earlier this year limiting local leaders’ authority to impose coronavirus-related restrictions.

...must be something in the water

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,179 Times in 33,871 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    DeSantis challenger Nikki Fried says she does not support statewide mask mandate in Florid

Source: The Hill

Nikki Fried, the Florida state agriculture commissioner and one of the Democrats challenging Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) next year, on Monday said that she does not support a statewide mask mandate as the Florida emerges as the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S.

In an interview on CNN’s “New Day,” Fried ruled out any state-level directive requiring Floridians to wear masks but said that the governor should empower local governments and school boards to make such decisions on their own.

“Every county needs to make their own decisions,” Fried said when asked whether she would support a statewide mask mandate. “No statewide mask mandate, but I certainly would want every school board to have the power to make the right decisions for their own communities.”

Fried, the only Democratic statewide elected official in Florida, also criticized DeSantis and the Republican-controlled state Legislature, which passed a bill earlier this year limiting local leaders’ authority to impose coronavirus-related restrictions.

...must be something in the water
    It’s unfortunate, but she has to play to the COVIDIOTS that live in Florida. I’m sure there’s going to be backlash for her stance.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2021), signalmankenneth (08-02-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It’s unfortunate, but she has to play to the COVIDIOTS that live in Florida. I’m sure there’s going to be backlash for her stance.
    Beat me to it. This is why I hate politics. The truth is that she won't ever have to be in that position, so she can say whatever she wants. What I can tell you for sure is that she wouldn't pull a DeSantis and take the decision making away from localities. That's DeSantis doubling down on the death cult. It's insane.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-02-2021), PoliTalker (08-02-2021), signalmankenneth (08-02-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I don't like it when Democratic candidates cater to their voters like this, reminds me of what every single Repuke candidate has done throughout history, consequences be damned....DJT being the best example I can think of

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,179 Times in 33,871 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't like it when Democratic candidates cater to their voters like this, reminds me of what every single Repuke candidate has done throughout history, consequences be damned....DJT being the best example I can think of
    I think Concart is right and she will leave the decision to local authorities.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't think that's a problem that's exclusive to either side. Democrats lie. Because they are politicians. The ONLY thing I care about at the end of the day is what they do when they are in office. You aren't wrong, and it is frustrating, but at this point, I am a 'by any means necessary' guy. I would vote for a ham sandwich before I voted for DeSantis for anything.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-02-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I don't think that's a problem that's exclusive to either side. Democrats lie. Because they are politicians. The ONLY thing I care about at the end of the day is what they do when they are in office. You aren't wrong, and it is frustrating, but at this point, I am a 'by any means necessary' guy. I would vote for a ham sandwich before I voted for DeSantis for anything.
    no I agree Democrats do the same thing........just saying Democrats should make an effort to not do this, makes it harder to bash the opposition party going forward....and it could be the voters find it refreshing

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

It’s FL, too many voters are over the Rona lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (08-02-2021), Stretch (08-02-2021)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

99.6% recovery
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Sailor (08-02-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a democrat that understands you have to have a functioning economy to pay for things. You know, work and jobs. I can see why other dems hate that.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Sounds like a democrat that understands you have to have a functioning economy to pay for things. You know, work and jobs. I can see why other dems hate that.
    Democrats are pretty myopic when it comes to the CCP bug.

There’s no convincing them that masks mandates and mitigation schemes have only a marginal effect on the Covid numbers. Economic numbers, are another story. DeSantis figured that out [they hate him for it] so FL has the jobs and good economic numbers and their *total* Covid numbers compare favorably with large blue states that crushed their economies under Fauci’s guidelines.

As I’ve pointed out to the fanatics who are trying to wring every ounce of political capital [pretty cynical, even for democrats] out of the current FL wave, the wave peaks and then collapses—often suddenly. That’s been the pattern so far.

IOW, this is way too early in the game to think FL’s current situation is even going to be remembered in a year from November. Might as well be light years away, the way things move these days.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (08-03-2021)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Beat me to it. This is why I hate politics. The truth is that she won't ever have to be in that position, so she can say whatever she wants. What I can tell you for sure is that she wouldn't pull a DeSantis and take the decision making away from localities. That's DeSantis doubling down on the death cult. It's insane.
    masks are not good for some people. Why can't you people learn that? Oh wait because you want to control everything.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't like it when Democratic candidates cater to their voters like this,
    I know, right?.....wtf would any politician do what the people who elected him wanted.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,637 Times in 10,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Yup...Hitler didn't cater to the Jews, Gays and mentally ill etc