Thread: Lindsay Graham tests positive for covid

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,403 Times in 9,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    That's nice. If you want to stop the spread of the disease you should stop hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease. Nothing tells folks that they made the "right decision" like watching vaccinated folks get sick.
    I don't care. Honestly, why should I? If they can't understand the science, it isn't my job to instruct them. I'm certainly not hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease. I have no idea how you got that from my post. HE HAS THE DISEASE. HE HAS SYMPTOMS. He's already sick. My wish for Lindsey is that he is as miserable as I was. Because he's a horror of a human being.

2. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-02-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    I don't wish this virus on anyone....except those in power misleading and lying to millions of Americans

if enough of them catch it, maybe, just maybe, some of their braindead adherents will get a clue, save thousands of innocent lives
    It will take one of them kicking the bucket before the word sinks in.
    Lock Him Up

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

I don't wish this virus on anyone....except those in power misleading and lying to millions of Americans

if enough of them catch it, maybe, just maybe, some of their braindead adherents will get a clue, save thousands of innocent lives
    Isn't this the SECOND TIME he's tested positive?

At some point we have to assume that Conservatives don't wash their hands, like ever.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cinnabar (08-02-2021)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

now Lindsay will run around saying "see? I was vaccinated and still caught it, don't bother"
    And we will all support his stance there because the only people who will listen to him are the people we want to die by their own hands anyway.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you want to stop the spread of the disease you should stop hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease.
    Who says we want to stop the spread now?

Now that we have vaccines that prevent death and ventilators, maybe we want all the Conservatives and anti-vaxxers to get COVID and die so they can't vote in next year's midterms.

Maybe we want all those people to suffer, get sick and lose their jobs.

Maybe we want them to die alone in an ER because they were so arrogantly abusing everyone.

Maybe mass death of Conservatives from COVID would be a good thing for society.

Nothing tells folks that they made the "right decision" like watching vaccinated folks get sick.
    Great! And at this point, I don't think they should get vaccinated.

At this point, they should try and dodge the virus for the next 15 months.

Enough of them won't, and it's going to make the difference in at least 1 narrow election next year....so I fully support you muddying the vaccination waters by indulging their doubt because I know it will lead to at least some deaths of people who we can do without anyway.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I don't care. Honestly, why should I? If they can't understand the science, it isn't my job to instruct them. I'm certainly not hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease. I have no idea how you got that from my post. HE HAS THE DISEASE. HE HAS SYMPTOMS. He's already sick. My wish for Lindsey is that he is as miserable as I was. Because he's a horror of a human being.
    It is your job though if you life in reality. Convince people, or find that your vaccine doesn't stop the next variant. You may be "right" at that moment and capable of "see? I told you" nonsense, but it won't change reality. It might make you feel good, or think you are superior, that you were "right" as you get sick... but it won't change the illness.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-02-2021), Sailor (08-02-2021)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

journalists are reporting Lindsay has been seen all around DC lately, eating at restaurants with scads of people, no mask.

the latest DC Patient Zero
    "Unconfirmed reports say that Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin hosted a small group of senators on his houseboat this weekend, including Graham. CNBC has reached out to Manchin’s office for a comment."

There is no distancing on a houseboat. It's just close and closer.

Graham got 'rona
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (08-02-2021)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is your job though if you life in reality. Convince people, or find that your vaccine doesn't stop the next variant.
    OR we might just see a mass die off of the unvaccinated with THIS variant, which would be a bad thing, why?

I can stay in my home for another year to avoid other variants, it's not a problem for me.

You may be "right" at that moment and capable of "see? I told you" nonsense, but it won't change reality. It might make you feel good, or think you are superior, that you were "right" as you get sick... but it won't change the illness
    Get sick...but if I'm vaccinated, I won't end up in the ER.

So...?

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello reagansghost,

"Unconfirmed reports say that Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin hosted a small group of senators on his houseboat this weekend, including Graham. CNBC has reached out to Manchin’s office for a comment."

There is no distancing on a houseboat. It's just close and closer.

Graham got 'rona
    Typhoid Lindsey

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    It will take one of them kicking the bucket before the word sinks in.
    "Graham was one of 17 Republican senators who voted to advance the infrastructure plan last week. His absence, or a potential quarantine for other senators, could affect passage of the bill if a final vote is closer."

CNBC
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

He will most likely not experience serious symptoms but he can kill an unvaccinated MAGA with just a sneeze. Such super powers for Lady Lindsey.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Yup. Vaxxed people continue to get it. Big deal. It'll pass.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    OR we might just see a mass die off of the unvaccinated with THIS variant, which would be a bad thing, why?

I can stay in my home for another year to avoid other variants, it's not a problem for me.

Get sick...but if I'm vaccinated, I won't end up in the ER.

So...?
    You have no idea how effective your vaccine is for the "epsilon" variant, or the "zeta" variant. The longer we keep this moving the more likely a variant will find a way around your vaccine. Convincing folks to get the vaccine is pretty much the only way you are going to get it done without fascist nonsense that even you would think is heavy handed.

Work to convince people, it may save your life.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-02-2021), PoliTalker (08-02-2021)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Yup. Vaxxed people continue to get it. Big deal. It'll pass.
    This is a bit like saying that some folks keep dying in car accidents so we shouldn't wear seat belts. The vaccine keeps you safer. There is little reason to pretend it doesn't. I can't imagine how it turned around like this. Remember during the election cycle when the left was saying that a vaccine done that quickly was clearly pressured into existence by Trump, now the right are the folks that won't get it.

I personally got it during testing before the emergency use approval.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-02-2021), Phantasmal (08-02-2021), PoliTalker (08-02-2021)

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,747 Times in 33,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a bit like saying that some folks keep dying in car accidents so we shouldn't wear seat belts. The vaccine keeps you safer. There is little reason to pretend it doesn't. I can't imagine how it turned around like this. Remember during the election cycle when the left was saying that a vaccine done that quickly was clearly pressured into existence by Trump, now the right are the folks that won't get it.

I personally got it during testing before the emergency use approval.
    Thanks, again! That takes guts!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-02-2021), Damocles (08-02-2021), PoliTalker (08-02-2021)