Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Lindsay Graham tests positive for covid

I don't wish this virus on anyone....except those in power misleading and lying to millions of Americans

if enough of them catch it, maybe, just maybe, some of their braindead adherents will get a clue, save thousands of innocent lives

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-03-2021), Guno צְבִי (08-02-2021), Jack (08-02-2021), PoliTalker (08-02-2021), ThatOwlWoman (08-02-2021), Trumpet (08-02-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm sure he's vaccinated. I hope he gets extremely sick.

4. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-02-2021)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Jack (08-02-2021), signalmankenneth (08-02-2021)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    That's nice. If you want to stop the spread of the disease you should stop hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease. Nothing tells folks that they made the "right decision" like watching vaccinated folks get sick.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

anonymoose (08-02-2021), cancel2 2022 (08-02-2021), gfm7175 (08-03-2021), PostmodernProphet (08-03-2021), Sailor (08-02-2021)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    That's nice. If you want to stop the spread of the disease you should stop hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease. Nothing tells folks that they made the "right decision" like watching vaccinated folks get sick.
    I don't care. Honestly, why should I? If they can't understand the science, it isn't my job to instruct them. I'm certainly not hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease. I have no idea how you got that from my post. HE HAS THE DISEASE. HE HAS SYMPTOMS. He's already sick. My wish for Lindsey is that he is as miserable as I was. Because he's a horror of a human being.

9. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-02-2021)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't care. Honestly, why should I? If they can't understand the science, it isn't my job to instruct them. I'm certainly not hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease. I have no idea how you got that from my post. HE HAS THE DISEASE. HE HAS SYMPTOMS. He's already sick. My wish for Lindsey is that he is as miserable as I was. Because he's a horror of a human being.
    It is your job though if you life in reality. Convince people, or find that your vaccine doesn't stop the next variant. You may be "right" at that moment and capable of "see? I told you" nonsense, but it won't change reality. It might make you feel good, or think you are superior, that you were "right" as you get sick... but it won't change the illness.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-02-2021), Sailor (08-02-2021)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

It is your job though if you life in reality. Convince people, or find that your vaccine doesn't stop the next variant.
    OR we might just see a mass die off of the unvaccinated with THIS variant, which would be a bad thing, why?

I can stay in my home for another year to avoid other variants, it's not a problem for me.

You may be "right" at that moment and capable of "see? I told you" nonsense, but it won't change reality. It might make you feel good, or think you are superior, that you were "right" as you get sick... but it won't change the illness
    Get sick...but if I'm vaccinated, I won't end up in the ER.

So...?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

If they can't understand the science,
    You are rejecting science. You are promoting various interconnected religions (Church of COVID, Church of Fear, Church of Karl Marx)

it isn't my job to instruct them.
    So you are "enlightened", yet you refuse to enlighten others?? You sound like a really shitty person...

I'm certainly not hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease.
    LIE. See your Post #2 in this thread, as replicated below ("he" is referring to Lindsay Graham)

I have no idea how you got that from my post.
    Because your post literally said "I hope he gets extremely sick".

HE HAS THE DISEASE. HE HAS SYMPTOMS. He's already sick. My wish for Lindsey is that he is as miserable as I was. Because he's a horror of a human being.
    Wishing misery upon other people is really shitty of you.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

If you want to stop the spread of the disease you should stop hoping that vaccinated people get sick with the disease.
    Who says we want to stop the spread now?

Now that we have vaccines that prevent death and ventilators, maybe we want all the Conservatives and anti-vaxxers to get COVID and die so they can't vote in next year's midterms.

Maybe we want all those people to suffer, get sick and lose their jobs.

Maybe we want them to die alone in an ER because they were so arrogantly abusing everyone.

Maybe mass death of Conservatives from COVID would be a good thing for society.

Nothing tells folks that they made the "right decision" like watching vaccinated folks get sick.
    Great! And at this point, I don't think they should get vaccinated.

At this point, they should try and dodge the virus for the next 15 months.

Enough of them won't, and it's going to make the difference in at least 1 narrow election next year....so I fully support you muddying the vaccination waters by indulging their doubt because I know it will lead to at least some deaths of people who we can do without anyway.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

He is vaccinated. He said his symptoms are mild and compared them to a sinus infection.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't you think the non-vaccinated would use that as an excuse to remain so?

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Don't you think the non-vaccinated would use that as an excuse to remain so?
    If they do, that's their problem. You can't fix stupid. Nothing I say or do is going to change that. The reality is you can get breakthrough infections. Some of us are smart enough to understand what that means. Some of us aren't. I can't help them.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,454 Times in 52,469 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dude, careful what you ask for: A vaccinated person becoming extremely sick.

The good news is the vaccine is working and he only has mild symptoms.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/polit...-19/index.html
    Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina announced Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19 despite being vaccinated and has experienced "flu-like symptoms," but said that he now has only "mild symptoms" and is very glad he had been vaccinated because "without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now."
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dude, careful what you ask for: A vaccinated person becoming extremely sick.

The good news is the vaccine is working and he only has mild symptoms.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/polit...-19/index.html
    Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina announced Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19 despite being vaccinated and has experienced "flu-like symptoms," but said that he now has only "mild symptoms" and is very glad he had been vaccinated because "without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now."
    I’m not asking for it. I’ve already experienced it. Of some of these treasonous senators do too I won’t lose any sleep over it.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,454 Times in 52,469 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’m not asking for it. I’ve already experienced it. Of some of these treasonous senators do too I won’t lose any sleep over it.
    Unvaccinated dying of COVID is a terrific ironic end for them. I have no sympathy except for those who wanted the vaccination but couldn't get it for medical reasons.

OTOH, those who can't be vaccinated are smart to avoid people who don't mask up and refuse to be vaccinated.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL. At least he's vaccinated. So he is glad about that.