Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, Into the Night, Yakuda, jakemax and Son of the Revolution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'It just went boom': Florida ICU's swamped with younger COVID victims

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Ron DeSantis's actions should be criminal. He is the leader of the Trump death cult in Florida. At this point, nothing that is said about the vaccines and their efficacy can change the reality. Florida is experiencing a Covid catastrophe, and it is the result of people not being vaccinated. Most of those people are under 40, less educated, and Trump supporters. That is the reality. They are willing to jeopardize their own families to prove that they won't be 'owned' by the libs. There is nothing we can do for them any longer. That being said, if we run out of room in ICUs, the vaccinated should always be prioritized over the unvaccinated. In fact, the unvaccinated should be at the bottom of the priority list. These decisions are going to have to be made very soon. The unvaxxed have lost their standing.
    People make their own choices. DeSantis is not responsible. And you might want to check those demographics, that surely isn't the only group. I do think the mask mandate was lifted too early. Even so, I never let my guard down. Vaccinated people are out there spreading it just as much as unvaxxed. And vaccinated people are also getting sick

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Sareli said he has not seen a peak to the current surge yet.

“It’s an evolving situation and it’s increasing on a daily basis,” he said.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253144973.html#storylink=cpy"
    I'm sure that we haven't seen the worst of it yet.
    Lock Him Up

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    People make their own choices. DeSantis is not responsible. And you might want to check those demographics, that surely isn't the only group. I do think the mask mandate was lifted too early. Even so, I never let my guard down. Vaccinated people are out there spreading it just as much as unvaxxed. And vaccinated people are also getting sick
    this is a rather clumsy deflection attempt, but nice try.
    Lock Him Up

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

The groups with the lowest vaccination rates are 18-29, 30-40, and Republicans. Less than a college degree is next. We'll agree to disagree about DeSantis, the fundamental way out of this pandemic we are in complete agreement on.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

if desantis and trump had been early advocates of masking and social distancing, and vaccinations, really pumping it up like they do racist and bigoted and corporate ass kissing policies, the vaccination rates would be quite a bit higher.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Apparently there are a lot of people willing to have an oxygen tube jammed down their throat to prove how anti-Biden they are
    or maybe they are just a huge bunch of idiot liberal college kids who thought they weren't vulnerable, like the CDC had said at one point.......
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    this is a rather clumsy deflection attempt, but nice try.
    so truth is now deflection when it destroys your argument? ROFL
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

I'm sure that we haven't seen the worst of it yet.
    This spike really snuck up on us.

We thought we had it on the run, let our guard down. That was a mistake.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Trumpet,

This spike really snuck up on us.

We thought we had it on the run, let our guard down. That was a mistake.
    If people won't get vaccinated, then what else can you expect??????????
    Lock Him Up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2021)

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

If people won't get vaccinated, then what else can you expect??????????
    Hindsight is 20-20.

It's all so clear now.

But it's not just the anti-vax cases. No doubt about that. Very big part of it.

But we also lifted restrictions way too soon in many States.

And Republicans have gone so far as to outlaw restrictions at the State level, 'handcuffing' local officials, preventing them from taking appropriate measures.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (08-02-2021)