Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, Into the Night, Yakuda, jakemax and Son of the Revolution

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal experts call for Trump to be prosecuted after latest bombshell NY Times report

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You people will never give up. Figured that out about 3 and half years ago.
    Got it wrong again. Trump used the power of the presidency to crook all he wanted and the power to block investigations. He had the branches blocking the judicial. Trump does not have the powers anymore and he answers to the law. The investigation of Daffy has just begun.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I've been acutely aware of trump since the 80s. There is nothing about him that I didn't know before he became POTUS.

'Justice' is subjective. For a maniacal narcissist like trump, nothing is worse than public humiliation, and failure before the masses. Being forced to give depositions to those who will lay bare all of his secrets, will do him in. Sure... a perp walk would put him over the edge, and a mug shot without a comb over would literally kill him.

If he has a massive coronary before a verdict is rendered, justice will have been done.
    As long as the right could claim it is an unsettled question, they will run with the thinnest shred of doubt and expound on that. Let there be a sentence. Then from that point there is nothing he could do to spin his way out of that. Anything less leaves them something to work with.

Even if he is sentenced, you know some of them will still claim witch hunt, but at that point it will be impossible for good people to excuse him. And there are still good people who are able to use doubt to look the other way currently. A sentence in a court of law will do it for those tentative ones.

It's got to be tough for them. They are not dumb. They see that with Trump off the table they don't have much to rebuild the party with. That's why they stick with him. No other viable choices. They'd have to take their chances with an untested maybe.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump tried to overturn a legal election.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And he went and spent all that time and effort when all he had to do was repeat Trump twice with and etc
    Actually, I copied and pasted most of it. Took me about 2 minutes.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump is the election fraudster.

He said if he didn't win then the election was rigged.

What he meant was that if he didn't win, he would try to rig it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (07-31-2021)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Althea,

As long as the right could claim it is an unsettled question, they will run with the thinnest shred of doubt and expound on that. Let there be a sentence. Then from that point there is nothing he could do to spin his way out of that. Anything less leaves them something to work with.

Even if he is sentenced, you know some of them will still claim witch hunt, but at that point it will be impossible for good people to excuse him. And there are still good people who are able to use doubt to look the other way currently. A sentence in a court of law will do it for those tentative ones.

It's got to be tough for them. They are not dumb. They see that with Trump off the table they don't have much to rebuild the party with. That's why they stick with him. No other viable choices. They'd have to take their chances with an untested maybe.
    I see it a little differently. Secretly, the majority of the GOP wishes him dead. They can move on from pandering to his nutter base for fear of being primaried.

The vast majority of Republicans know that he's toxic, but he has a stranglehold on them via fund raising. The only way to 'rebuild' the party is to destroy him.

Incarceration doesn't do that. As you mentioned, none of the nutters will accept his guilt, no matter the evidence. There was more than enough evidence to remove him from office. It didn't happen.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Trump is the election fraudster.

He said if he didn't win then the election was rigged.

What he meant was that if he didn't win, he would try to rig it.
    Actually, he's a gross failure. He never wanted to win in '16. He couldn't even get that right.

The idiot tried to use the same self promotion ploy that he used against Hillary...claim that the election was rigged.

It doesn't work when you are the sitting president.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Looks like Trump has got another legal problem.

Trump to DOJ last December: 'Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me'

Former President Donald Trump pressured acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen to declare that the election was corrupt in an attempt to help Republican members of Congress try to overturn the election result, according to contemporaneous notes (taken by Richard Donoghue) of a December 2020 call Trump held with Rosen and acting deputy attorney general Richard Donoghue.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/polit...ice/index.html

https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchel...s-117659717849

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-criminal-2654297765/

Trump Pressed Justice Dept. to Declare Election Results Corrupt, Notes Show
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/u...-election.html
    ohz nohz.

how dare he pressure for truth.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

I see it a little differently. Secretly, the majority of the GOP wishes him dead. They can move on from pandering to his nutter base for fear of being primaried.

The vast majority of Republicans know that he's toxic, but he has a stranglehold on them via fund raising. The only way to 'rebuild' the party is to destroy him.

Incarceration doesn't do that. As you mentioned, none of the nutters will accept his guilt, no matter the evidence. There was more than enough evidence to remove him from office. It didn't happen.
    It could still put him behind bars.

The fact that he was able to get away with so much and remain in office is a hard lesson in how our justice system works. No one is above the law but money and power tip the scales. Will he escape justice forever? I hope not. It will be such a good feeling to see him get what he deserves.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

trump will be dead before any of them hit the courts. Which is ok too
    Trump kicking the bucket, the sooner the better.
    Lock Him Up

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Althea (07-31-2021)

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

Hello Althea,

It could still put him behind bars.

The fact that he was able to get away with so much and remain in office is a hard lesson in how our justice system works. No one is above the law but money and power tip the scales. Will he escape justice forever? I hope not. It will be such a good feeling to see him get what he deserves.
    It is truly sad that democrats are still so afraid of Trump. The thing is, they are keeping him in the headlines to take attention off Biden. Never ending cycle of lies and misinformation.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Actually, he's a gross failure. He never wanted to win in '16. He couldn't even get that right.

The idiot tried to use the same self promotion ploy that he used against Hillary...claim that the election was rigged.

It doesn't work when you are the sitting president.
    It was amazing after serving a term and having his chance to 'maga,' he was not held responsible for failing to 'maga.' It was like he was running against himself the second time around. If he couldn't 'maga' the first time, why should he get a second go? It became a referendum on Trump. Since he screwed up so bad, he was rejected by voters.

Of course, most voters didn't want him in 16 either. Never forget. He lost the popular vote every time he ran. He only got in because of our quirky system that needs fixing.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 07-31-2021 at 06:36 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (07-31-2021), Trumpet (07-31-2021)

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by memorygal View Post
    It is truly sad that democrats are still so afraid of Trump. The thing is, they are keeping him in the headlines to take attention off Biden. Never ending cycle of lies and misinformation.
    Like Trump has always told the truth.

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

Fact Checker Analysis

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...er-four-years/
    Lock Him Up

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Like Trump has always told the truth.

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

Fact Checker Analysis

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...er-four-years/
    PLEASE!!!! It is the opinion of the Washington Post. Please study up on the difference of opinion and fact.

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You people will never give up. Figured that out about 3 and half years ago.
    Like you people will never give up on Hillary, Biden and Obama?