Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaetz, Greene and Gohmert turned away from jail to visit Jan. 6 defendants

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You have yet to show how they have the right to enter a jail at any time. Show it in the Constitution. Or law. Anything.

So contact your Congressperson and ask them to demand actions.

Naturally.
    Ok, I’ll grant every point/excuse.

But why all the excuses? Why can’t *whoever* go check and see if there’s any substance to the ‘rumors’? Why is it a big deal? If Republicans and the ACLU are full of beans why don’t democrats prove it once and for all and be done with it? And how is it politically expedient for democrats to allow these rumors to persist when they are only going to continue to fester in the minds of the electorate.

Think: independent voters.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    There is no bugger attention whore than Greene.

Check out starting at the 30:58 mark...

LOL. She knew where the cameras were.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Ok, I’ll grant every point/excuse.
    Why do you keep saying that I am excusing it? They shouldn't be in a solidary confinement, PERIOD. Unless for safety reason. Those that need safety are given a separate housing. Those are NOT solidary confinement. Holes are for punishments.

But why all the excuses? Why can’t *whoever* go check and see if there’s any substance to the ‘rumors’?
    They can. Lawyers can go in. Those G's can visiting during visiting hours. Why not do that? They can ask the warden or admin for permission. So what's holding them up to do that?

Why is it a big deal? If Republicans and the ACLU are full of beans why don’t democrats prove it once and for all and be done with it? And how is it politically expedient for democrats to allow these rumors to persist when they are only going to continue to fester in the minds of the electorate.
    Senator Warren and the ACLU can still do that. Just request an appointment or just visit during visiting hours. See how easy that is?

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

HEY PEE ... CALL FOR A CONGRESSIONAL (bi partisan) INVESTIGATION to see if you can throw them out of congress

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Why do you keep saying that I am excusing it? They shouldn't be in a solidary confinement, PERIOD. Unless for safety reason. Those that need safety are given a separate housing. Those are NOT solidary confinement. Holes are for punishments.

They can. Lawyers can go in. Those G's can visiting during visiting hours. Why not do that? They can ask the warden or admin for permission. So what's holding them up to do that?

Senator Warren and the ACLU can still do that. Just request an appointment or just visit during visiting hours. See how easy that is?
    So, nothing to see here and move along lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Majorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) and Louie Gohmert (Texas) on Thursday were turned away from the D.C. Department of Corrections where they tried to visit accused Jan. 6 rioters.

Video shows officers, who said the group was trespassing and “obstructing entrance into this facility,” denying the trio entry.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...to-visit-jan-6
    Just looking for their fifteen minutes on FOX, OAN, Newsmax, Blaze, etc., that shit appeals to the lemmings, they swallow it all

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Althea (07-30-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-30-2021)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, nothing to see here and move along lol.
    You are all over the places. Why? Try to keep on track, please.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,325 Times in 53,233 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yep. And if they want to take a look inside, all they need to do is ask for permission and authorization.

The TV show "Jail" does it all the time. No problem.
    Exactly. I worked as a cook for a large county jail years ago. Even the County Health Dept. inspectors, who have oversight over all establishments that provide food to the public, had to arrange a time and day to come in to inspect our kitchen. The only ppl who could walk in, approach Central, and ask to speak with an inmate were their attorneys.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-30-2021), PoliTalker (07-30-2021)

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

No, they were arresting for disrupting an official proceeding; destruction of government property and they even have a ‘parading’ charge hung on some of them. What happened to the bit about a speedy trial?
    There are hundreds of them. And dockets were full before January 6th. Not to mention that investigations are ongoing. More is being learned. Additional charges may be in order for some of them before they see their day in court.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (07-30-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-30-2021)

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

That’s just one of several questions. What other non-violent offenders with no prior record are still held in custody after 7 months?

Maybe the lefties can find a few examples.
    Who says the non-violent are being held? Maybe these are part of the hundreds of violent ones. Or perhaps they are suspect of more serious crimes than what they are already charged with.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello AProudLefty,

Under what authority do the Congress have the right to enter a jail without authorization? Chapter and verse please.
    Saw that one coming!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-30-2021)

16. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

If it’s federally funded then Congress has over sight authority.

Congress members can visit the border at any time because they appropriate funds for border security so they *have a responsibility* for oversight. How is this jail any different?
    Well, let's see. A border is a dividing line between two nations.

A jail is a place where people charged with crimes are held await trial, particularly violent offenders.

150 of the Insurrectionists have been charged with violent crimes. How many are being held at the DC jail?

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,325 Times in 53,233 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Who says the non-violent are being held? Maybe these are part of the hundreds of violent ones. Or perhaps they are suspect of more serious crimes than what they are already charged with.
    As more and more are caught and squeal on others, I can see the ones already in custody earning even more charges.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-30-2021), PoliTalker (07-30-2021)

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    There are strict visiting rules…. Gaetz needs to get used to how it works in the inside!
    I hope he gets very familiar with it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-30-2021)

21. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    As more and more are caught and squeal on others, I can see the ones already in custody earning even more charges.
    The Trump House of Cards comes crumbling down.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-30-2021)