Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Delta Variant Super Spreader Event Planned For Idiot Bikers

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have the government sanctioned super spreader event at the border, this doesn't even get close to competing with those numbers.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    We have the government sanctioned super spreader event at the border, this doesn't even get close to competing with those numbers.
    OK, I'll play the whataboutism game.

The Federal Government requires a negative COVID test prior to entry into the USA. Do some slip through? Yes. We don't live in a perfect world. It has not been shown that immigrants have any higher infection rate than Americans. It could actually work to combat the world pandemic better if we allow more in and offer them vaccines.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Please post evidence. Try to be specific. I'll wait.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jarod,

1. Most don't die.

2. The vast majority of socially irresponsible simply spread the disease.

Not a good thing. Ask Concart.
    I agree with you. It does seem likely that most who are dying however are anti-vaxers.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I agree with you. It does seem likely that most who are dying however are anti-vaxers.
    That's for sure, but the numbers are low.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    There are “Super spreader” events every day. Exhibit A - Los Angeles vs San Francisco baseball game. Not exactly a “Red State” of “knuckle dragging Neanderthals” … at least according to most dogging the Sturgis motorcycle event.

The Federal Government is going to have a hard time enforcing another lockdown of any and all activities. I do feel sorry for health care workers. I have several friends in that field who have enjoyed this respite but now are gearing up for another time of gut wrenching work. But at the same time I understand those who want to engage in “normal” activities.

I’m vaccinated and will mask up and do my jobs. My hobbies (hunting, fishing and golf) don’t put me in close proximity with anyone so I plan to be as “normal” as I can be in the coming year.
    Unfortunately, yes it is, and the only answer is to forbid unvaccinated people from attending any sporting events. Same with bars, restaurants, airplanes, public transport, concerts, movies, gyms and amusement parks. They cannot be allowed in any of those venues.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

look at the vaxxers waving that nazi flag
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello leaningright,

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    There are “Super spreader” events every day. Exhibit A - Los Angeles vs San Francisco baseball game. Not exactly a “Red State” of “knuckle dragging Neanderthals” … at least according to most dogging the Sturgis motorcycle event.

The Federal Government is going to have a hard time enforcing another lockdown of any and all activities. I do feel sorry for health care workers. I have several friends in that field who have enjoyed this respite but now are gearing up for another time of gut wrenching work. But at the same time I understand those who want to engage in “normal” activities.

I’m vaccinated and will mask up and do my jobs. My hobbies (hunting, fishing and golf) don’t put me in close proximity with anyone so I plan to be as “normal” as I can be in the coming year.
    Correct you are.

Cape Cod was a liberal super spreader on July 4th, it is now being learned.

We asked local experts about the Cape Cod outbreak. Here’s what they said

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Federal Government requires a negative COVID test prior to entry into the USA.
    And you know for a fact that this is rigidly enforced ???

Wanna buy my bridge ???

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    And you know for a fact that this is rigidly enforced ???

Wanna buy my bridge ???
    How rigidly does it have to be? Do you know for a fact that it is not up to standards?

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

President Obama will hold a big birthday party during the recent pandemic spike, but it will be done in a COVID safe way:

"Former President Obama will be hosting a COVID-19-compliant party for his 60th birthday, following guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as the U.S. experiences a new surge in cases brought on by the highly infectious delta variant.

A source familiar with the situation told The Hill that guests at the party, which will be held outdoors, will be required to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test and that a designated coronavirus coordinator will ensure that all CDC, state and local guidelines are followed."

The Hill: COVID-compliant birthday party for President Obama.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Grumpy (08-02-2021)

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Health experts called the Sturgis rally a "superspreader" after it was held last year, leading to 463 COVID-19 infections among attendees.

This year's rally, which attracts many travelers, is scheduled to take place Aug. 6-15.

Although South Dakota has seen lower rates of summer COVID-19 cases compared to last year, Dr. Doug Lehmann, the head of a Rapid City health clinic, said the event is "sort of the perfect storm for pandemic spread," to the AP.

Retired South Dakota physician Dr. Jim Buchanan said that "there's a lot of forces that are coming together to make it potentially worse (than last year).""

37 Percent of Meade County, Site of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Vaccinated Before Event

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Bill Clinton: born 1946, elected 1992.

Dubya Bush: born 1946, elected 2000.

HNIC Obama: born 1961, elected 2008.

Pigfucker Trump: born 1946, elected 2016.

Scranton Joe Biden: born 1942, elected 2020.

Biden, elected in in 2020, is four years older than Clinton, elected 1992.

Obama was a definite flyer from recent trends of older presidents that began with Ronnie Ray-Gun in 1980.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

South Dakota is lacking enough infected people-

Sturgis Rally 2021 Dates
    August 06-15, 2021

81st Anniversary

Come one, Come all idiots - to ignore compassion, patriotism and common sense.

No restrictions, no vaccine requirements, no masks, no brains.

Zero responsibility. And no testing.

If you survived the last one, maybe you'll make it through this one, too!

Spin that massive Corona Wheel of Death to see if the Delta Variant gets you.

(Only one in ten Americans have had COVID)

Or maybe you will take home a special prize to kill off a loved one back home.

Surely someone will want your bike if you don't live to see another Sturgis.

You might just go home and infect you employer, then he dies and you lose your job.

So much excitement to be had.

Be there or have common sense. You are free to decide.

"“I think now that COVID is less of a thing than it was, and then the Hells Angels are here this year, and I think that’s going to bring a lot of business to a lot of places. I think it’s probably going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, years in rally history,” she said.

Sturgis Liquor Store, which is owned by the town, does 20-25% of its business over the course of the 10-day rally. Travis Parker, who has worked at the liquor store since 2017, said in 2020 it generated around $560,000 during the rally.

The store adds eight to 12 employees during the rally and increases its stock by around $100,000. Even then and with all registers open the lines still creep into the aisles and the store runs out of some beverages. Parker said with COVID messing with the supply chain it has been difficult to stock some products in the first place.

Jack Daniels whiskey is the go-to for many patrons during rally week, Parker said, along with “heavy hitters” like Tito’s vodka and “an ungodly amount” of Fireball whiskey.

The liquor store engraves the whiskey bottles with rally logos and can custom-engrave bottles for customers as well. Most often customers want their names, but Parker said he also engraves a lot of military designs. The engravings are done by two employees, including Parker, and a vendor parks outside to help engrave bottles as well.

Engraved bottles are in high demand and Parker said the store does hundreds of engravings each year, which can get stressful as it takes 10-12 minutes per bottle.

“But it’s cool when you hand someone a bottle and they smile,” he said."

With no mask on...

‘I’ve never seen so many people this early’: Sturgis gears up for motorcycle rally
    Hi Politalker,

So when can we go back to normal life without criticism?

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Funny how PoliShitalker loves to talk night and day about Covid but not if it concerns illegal aliens.
    Since there is no proof they are the problem, it is uncovered. They are a minuscule amount of people.