Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    it gets worse...

Lollapalooza Begins in Chicago, and It Is Packed

Source: NBC 5 Chicago

When asked if she regretted allowing the major outdoor music festival to go on, Lightfoot, who used the press conference to warn residents about the potential for heightened mitigations if metrics continue to spike, said no.

"I think we made the best decision that we could as always, based upon the data and based upon our projections and modeling," she said. "We felt very comfortable on June 11, which was the date, fully opening up the city. We had been working towards that point, looking at trends in the data. So no, I feel like we made the right decisions, but we're sounding the alarm today because we're starting to see this uptick."

To enter Lollapalooza, concert-goers must provide a printed copy of the COVID vaccine card, vaccine record or negative coronavirus test within 72 hours of entering.

For those who are not vaccinated against COVID-19, a mask is required while inside the festival at all times.

Read more: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...acked/2571744/
    That looks even more irresponsible than Sturgis.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello reagansghost,

Young Dim millennials!

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I followed Volsrocks red herring for some unknown reason...lol

So it appears Texas is infecting asylum seekers at a faster rate than the reverse. 13/100 versus 6/100

Asylum seekers are diluting the high rate due to their lower rate.

Stop infecting asylum seekers at a higher rate Texas! I'll so charge you with a crime against humanity.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

The opening up occurred before the stronger variety came out as badly as it has. There are concerts being planned across the country. That is not good. The new variety is more transmissible. Some doctors are saying everyone will have to deal with it, You are better off with the vaccine. It is just that easy.
    The left is trying to save your lives and spare you from serious Covid.
    Hospitals are jammed with rightys and scoffers.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

For most of the country, the Delta variant isn't real yet. This is especially true for vaccinated people. They don't yet fully understand the risks associated with mingling with the unvaxxed. As the variant spreads (and it will continue to spread), we are going to see the unvaccinated infect one another, and to a lesser extent, they will see the vaxxed spreading the virus as well. Almost everyone who dies as a result will be unvaccinated, but life is going to very unpleasant, even for those who did the right thing. It's a shame. By the time it becomes 'real' for those states, it will be too late there, just like it's too late in Florida. We're going to keep going through this same thing until we either get people vaccinated, or remove the unvaxxed from society. Since the first option doesn't appear to be working, vaccine passports are the only answer. The fine for possessing and using a fake immunization card needs to be very severe. The penalty should be a criminal penalty (I'm pretty sure this would be easy, using a falsified federal document is probably already a crime). This is where the country needs to go. I believe vaccine hesitancy can be overcome. Vaccine defiance cannot, and that's what these Republicans are. Defiant. So we need to separate them from the rest of society.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

There are “Super spreader” events every day. Exhibit A - Los Angeles vs San Francisco baseball game. Not exactly a “Red State” of “knuckle dragging Neanderthals” … at least according to most dogging the Sturgis motorcycle event.

The Federal Government is going to have a hard time enforcing another lockdown of any and all activities. I do feel sorry for health care workers. I have several friends in that field who have enjoyed this respite but now are gearing up for another time of gut wrenching work. But at the same time I understand those who want to engage in “normal” activities.

I’m vaccinated and will mask up and do my jobs. My hobbies (hunting, fishing and golf) don’t put me in close proximity with anyone so I plan to be as “normal” as I can be in the coming year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-30-2021)

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    For most of the country, the Delta variant isn't real yet. This is especially true for vaccinated people. They don't yet fully understand the risks associated with mingling with the unvaxxed. As the variant spreads (and it will continue to spread), we are going to see the unvaccinated infect one another, and to a lesser extent, they will see the vaxxed spreading the virus as well. Almost everyone who dies as a result will be unvaccinated, but life is going to very unpleasant, even for those who did the right thing. It's a shame. By the time it becomes 'real' for those states, it will be too late there, just like it's too late in Florida. We're going to keep going through this same thing until we either get people vaccinated, or remove the unvaxxed from society. Since the first option doesn't appear to be working, vaccine passports are the only answer. The fine for possessing and using a fake immunization card needs to be very severe. The penalty should be a criminal penalty (I'm pretty sure this would be easy, using a falsified federal document is probably already a crime). This is where the country needs to go. I believe vaccine hesitancy can be overcome. Vaccine defiance cannot, and that's what these Republicans are. Defiant. So we need to separate them from the rest of society.
    I am in favor of paying $100 to get fully vaccinated. Anything that will work is worth it. Tax big pharma to pay for it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello concart,

I am in favor of paying $100 to get fully vaccinated. Anything that will work is worth it. Tax big pharma to pay for it.
    That would have to very a targeted tax. I don't think the rest of big pharma want to fill the coffers of J&J Moderna and Pfizer, and those 3 guys would say
    you are making them effectively a charity. They didn't reroute everything just to give this cash cow away.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-30-2021)

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

South Dakota is lacking enough infected people-

Sturgis Rally 2021 Dates
    August 06-15, 2021

81st Anniversary

Come one, Come all idiots - to ignore compassion, patriotism and common sense.

No restrictions, no vaccine requirements, no masks, no brains.

Zero responsibility. And no testing.

If you survived the last one, maybe you'll make it through this one, too!

Spin that massive Corona Wheel of Death to see if the Delta Variant gets you.

(Only one in ten Americans have had COVID)

Or maybe you will take home a special prize to kill off a loved one back home.

Surely someone will want your bike if you don't live to see another Sturgis.

You might just go home and infect you employer, then he dies and you lose your job.

So much excitement to be had.

Be there or have common sense. You are free to decide.

"“I think now that COVID is less of a thing than it was, and then the Hells Angels are here this year, and I think that’s going to bring a lot of business to a lot of places. I think it’s probably going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, years in rally history,” she said.

Sturgis Liquor Store, which is owned by the town, does 20-25% of its business over the course of the 10-day rally. Travis Parker, who has worked at the liquor store since 2017, said in 2020 it generated around $560,000 during the rally.

The store adds eight to 12 employees during the rally and increases its stock by around $100,000. Even then and with all registers open the lines still creep into the aisles and the store runs out of some beverages. Parker said with COVID messing with the supply chain it has been difficult to stock some products in the first place.

Jack Daniels whiskey is the go-to for many patrons during rally week, Parker said, along with “heavy hitters” like Tito’s vodka and “an ungodly amount” of Fireball whiskey.

The liquor store engraves the whiskey bottles with rally logos and can custom-engrave bottles for customers as well. Most often customers want their names, but Parker said he also engraves a lot of military designs. The engravings are done by two employees, including Parker, and a vendor parks outside to help engrave bottles as well.

Engraved bottles are in high demand and Parker said the store does hundreds of engravings each year, which can get stressful as it takes 10-12 minutes per bottle.

“But it’s cool when you hand someone a bottle and they smile,” he said."

With no mask on...

‘I’ve never seen so many people this early’: Sturgis gears up for motorcycle rally
    KEEP ON HOPIN

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Hello Jack,

The problem is that most infections do not kill the host who goes on to infect others who may not be vaccinated due to age or health conditions.

A super spreader event is a big problem,

I represents a set-back in the efforts of humanity to overcome the pandemic.
    that is what was said last year, it wasn't

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-30-2021)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    There are “Super spreader” events every day. Exhibit A - Los Angeles vs San Francisco baseball game. Not exactly a “Red State” of “knuckle dragging Neanderthals” … at least according to most dogging the Sturgis motorcycle event.

The Federal Government is going to have a hard time enforcing another lockdown of any and all activities. I do feel sorry for health care workers. I have several friends in that field who have enjoyed this respite but now are gearing up for another time of gut wrenching work. But at the same time I understand those who want to engage in “normal” activities.

I’m vaccinated and will mask up and do my jobs. My hobbies (hunting, fishing and golf) don’t put me in close proximity with anyone so I plan to be as “normal” as I can be in the coming year.
    any large metro city is a super spreader each day

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-30-2021)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello concart,

Do you think they'll sell out for $100 bucks? I'm skeptical. Maybe they'll get vaxxed and still lie to their friends about it. I understand that's happening in Missouri.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-30-2021)

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    any large metro city is a super spreader each day
    No. Proximity does aide the spread of the virus which is why urban areas tend toward higher infection rates. But the issue now is rural Republican areas. Every county in Florida is a hot zone now. The urban areas, because of population density, the rural areas because of vaccine defiance. The infection rates are almost identical.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-30-2021)

20. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

That's not the case. Most people survive COVID. The irresponsible go on to infect others who may die.

And it is immoral to wish death upon others. That is sinking to the level of those Trump supporters who cheered the deaths in NYC when it was the original epicenter, and they thought it was mostly liberals dying then.
    There is a difference when people die of there own political prejudice.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    There is a difference when people die of there own political prejudice.
    1. Most don't die.

2. The vast majority of socially irresponsible simply spread the disease.

Not a good thing. Ask Concart.