Thread: I thought the GOP was the party of "law and order", now they're BASHING police

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I thought the GOP was the party of "law and order", now they're BASHING police

What follows is a transcript and video of Sen. Durbin's inspirational condemnation of Fox News cretins Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham:

In an effort to plumb the depths of political meanness and irresponsible, it is just too hard to choose between Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham. First they became our nation's leading anti-vax quacks making their specious arguments against life-saving COVID-19 vaccines and sowing doubt among their viewers who are literally putting their lives at risk because of lies that these two individuals [and Donald Trump] are spouting.

And now they are creating a braying chorus focused on the police who defended this building on January 6th. Their mockery of the bravery of the Capitol D.C. Police who risked - and some lost - their lives in the January 6th situation in this Capitol building is cowardly and shameful.
    It took courage for the police to face the Trump mob. It takes no courage for these Fox talking heads to belittle these officers. It takes no courage to practice their well worn smirks reacting to the bravery in these pleas. It's hard to imagine reading a press account of what they said yesterday and last night about the hearing that took place, the things that they did.

Ingraham gave the "Best Performance in an Action Role" to Washington Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone, who during the testimony recalled hearing he'd be shot with his own gun. Ingraham said, and I quote, "Well there was certainly a lot of violence that day. But it wasn't a terrorist attack. It wasn't 9/11. It wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to America. It wasn't an insurrection."

And then Tucker Carlson responding with a smirk to footage of Fanone telling the hearing he experienced Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Throughout the monologue Carlson piled on to his previous claims about the violence being just quote, "A political protest that got out of hand."

First the vaccines. Now defaming the police. This is irresponsible from start to finish. I would ask those at Fox network - not exactly my friends and allies in politics - to show common decency and common sense. Common sense when it comes to these vaccines, which we know if more people were vaccinated we wouldn't be facing this resurgent need for masks and fear of this new variant. And common decency when it comes to the men and women in uniform who risked their lives for this building, this Capitol, this democracy, and this government.

Certainly there's freedom of speech, but let's hope that good sense will dominate this discussion over at the Fox network as to whether these two ought to be allowed to continue their rant.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-29-2021), Phantasmal (07-29-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Shocking. One day the GOP loves law and order. The next day they're fascists praising cop killers.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    What follows is a transcript and video of Sen. Durbin's inspirational condemnation of Fox News cretins Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham:

In an effort to plumb the depths of political meanness and irresponsible, it is just too hard to choose between Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham. First they became our nation's leading anti-vax quacks making their specious arguments against life-saving COVID-19 vaccines and sowing doubt among their viewers who are literally putting their lives at risk because of lies that these two individuals [and Donald Trump] are spouting.

And now they are creating a braying chorus focused on the police who defended this building on January 6th. Their mockery of the bravery of the Capitol D.C. Police who risked - and some lost - their lives in the January 6th situation in this Capitol building is cowardly and shameful.
    It took courage for the police to face the Trump mob. It takes no courage for these Fox talking heads to belittle these officers. It takes no courage to practice their well worn smirks reacting to the bravery in these pleas. It's hard to imagine reading a press account of what they said yesterday and last night about the hearing that took place, the things that they did.

Ingraham gave the "Best Performance in an Action Role" to Washington Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone, who during the testimony recalled hearing he'd be shot with his own gun. Ingraham said, and I quote, "Well there was certainly a lot of violence that day. But it wasn't a terrorist attack. It wasn't 9/11. It wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to America. It wasn't an insurrection."

And then Tucker Carlson responding with a smirk to footage of Fanone telling the hearing he experienced Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Throughout the monologue Carlson piled on to his previous claims about the violence being just quote, "A political protest that got out of hand."

First the vaccines. Now defaming the police. This is irresponsible from start to finish. I would ask those at Fox network - not exactly my friends and allies in politics - to show common decency and common sense. Common sense when it comes to these vaccines, which we know if more people were vaccinated we wouldn't be facing this resurgent need for masks and fear of this new variant. And common decency when it comes to the men and women in uniform who risked their lives for this building, this Capitol, this democracy, and this government.

Certainly there's freedom of speech, but let's hope that good sense will dominate this discussion over at the Fox network as to whether these two ought to be allowed to continue their rant.
    No, they're NOT the party of Law & Order. The RepubliQan Party is the party of Hypocrisy & Misinformation.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

and lately they hate our military, after decade upon decade of praise, using them as cudgels to bash Democrats for some insane reason, now they're scapegoats because Milley hates Trump.........these are disgusting people

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post

His hopes are pipe dreams. His statement is too polite. It's time to use Draconian measures to deal with this slow motion coup attempt. Same with vaccinations. Fuck polite. Get jabbed or stay home. We don't want to mingle with you selfish pricks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

reagansghost (07-29-2021)