Thread: Mask It Or Casket

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    In the West, the 55 mph speed limit was seen as a pathetic joke. The time wasted driving slower for commercial enterprises raised costs far more than than the fuel saved. I lived that. 55 mph was a useless and meaningless attempt at government control of something that didn't take to "One size fits all."

Masks are the exact same thing.
    There are no deaths in Sweden now, hasn't been for over a month and precious little mask wearing either. What does that odious old crone have to say about that ?
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 07-30-2021 at 11:50 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

dukkha (07-30-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Inoculation or intubation.
    Vax it or casket to which the majority of the anti vaxers have become swallowed up with the tRump mission to covid murder as many Americans as he could with the help of his GQPer and media co conspires in un American activities. Yet fortunately after kicking the 45 devil out of the White House, his mission apparently fell short as a result of the current Biden Administration getting over 200 million vaccinated and possibly against the variants too.
    Last edited by gemini104104; 07-31-2021 at 12:12 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-31-2021), PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    There are no deaths in Sweden now, hasn't been for over a month and precious mask wearing either. What does that odious old crone has to say about that ?
    it tells me the virus has to evolve thru mutations and then finally stop as a pandemic.

It also tells me that since vaxxes arent bullet proof *duh* and peoplec get sick before hospitalization
    there DESPERATELY needs to be an approved early exposure therapy ready to go. "off the shelf"

I never hear about therapeutics, just case counts. The CDC is silent as well

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,927 Times in 13,194 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    There are no deaths in Sweden now, hasn't been for over a month and precious little mask wearing either. What does that odious old crone have to say about that ?
    Who gives a shit? I'm not listening to a bunch of senile bureaucrats and idiots that are running things now, not that I paid much attention to them before... Fuck them in the left eyeball for all I care. I'm pretty much going to do what I want regardless.

Yea, that's fucking right all you paranoid hypochondriacs, run from me you weak kneed pussies I don't give a shit about Chinese Disease!

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

In the West, the 55 mph speed limit was seen as a pathetic joke. The time wasted driving slower for commercial enterprises raised costs far more than than the fuel saved. I lived that. 55 mph was a useless and meaningless attempt at government control of something that didn't take to "One size fits all."

Masks are the exact same thing.
    The fuel savings are significant for most cars. We needed to conserve.

I heard that the trucks really didn't get much better mileage.

Not everybody on the road, however, is out there for work.

It really doesn't reduce travel time that much to drive slower.

Most people have a 20 - 25 minute drive to work. And they travel on numerous roads, many roads with lower speed limits which were not reduced.

Average commute time was hardly impacted at all. Just a few minutes difference.

A contractor out there doing electrical going from site to site in a van travels many roads. Again, not all of them would have a 70 limit anyway.

And besides. The world is not all electrical contractors riding around in a van.

We came through it just fine. And it saved lives as well as money saved because the vehicles were getting better MPG.

The 55 limit saved oil.

Oil needs to stay in the ground. Electric vehicles are coming. There is going to be a huge demand for more electrical work setting it all up. Electrical workers are well positioned for a profitable future building new infrastructure.

The 55 limit also reduced emissions into the environment. The Climate Crisis would be worse if more fuel had been burned. Just recall the vivid images of clear skies all over the world from last spring when things shut down.

(Here's your queue to disparage the shut downs, facetiously call them 'lock downs,' etc)

Wanna know what a real lock down is? That's where the most violent insurrectionists are right now. In the lock down.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I experimented with what is known as hyper-miling to save fuel, the environment, and money. Once, I did a nearly 400 mile trip in 7.5 hours in a mid size sedan with a 4cyl engine. It was rated to get 21 city / 31 hwy. I did have a tail wind that day. I also drove 55-60, stayed behind trucks and other 'follow vehicles' where ever possible (at a safe distance the effect is still there) That day, the weather was nice, so no AC needed. Just crack the windows a little. I set my best record. 44 mpg. Still had gas in the tank after the trip. That represented a nearly 600 mile range on one tank of gas.

I regularly got 35-36 mpg in that vehicle, just because of the way I drove it.

There are further savings to hyper-miling.

Because the technique for city driving is to learn the route, select the best route for timing stoplights, it is often possible to time it so that one never even stops at a light. Adjust speed so that when approaching a light, the traffic waiting there begins to move as the light turns green. The goal is to reduce using the brakes to a bare minimum. This saves brakes and tires.

When driving smarter for fuel savings, your tires and brakes appear to last forever. Easily double the life of hard driving.

Saving money on fuel, saving the environment, and saving bunches of money on tires and brakes.

It's also a lot easier on the car, resulting in fewer repair bills. Turns out, the fuel burned during the life of a vehicle might be a bigger cost than buying and maintaining the vehicle. Especially if running used cars.

Just turn on NPR, learn some really good information about how to be a good citizen, expand your mind, and save for the future while doing it.

And guess what. Cars last a lot longer in general when driven easy. I've had a few that made it 1/4 million miles. Very few repairs.

And driving easy is a lot less stressful. No getting angry at slow drivers. No close calls almost hitting people. No road rage. Arrive in a better frame of mind, feeling good, comfortable in the knowledge of how much money you're saving.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello gemini104104,

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Vax it or casket to which the majority of the anti vaxers have become swallowed up with the tRump mission to covid murder as many Americans as he could with the help of his GQPer and media co conspires in un American activities. Yet fortunately after kicking the 45 devil out of the White House, his mission apparently fell short as a result of the current Biden Administration getting over 200 million vaccinated and possibly against the variants too.
    Vax it or casket - Love it!

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    That rolling daily death count that morticians in here kept going is now useless.
    Recovery rate is 99.6% and those folks are more efficiently immune naturally by their own bodies defense
    system than any experimental drug jab.
    Death count is down, folks have their T cell immunity.
    However a growing number of jabbed people though are getting Covid once and even twice. Shove your jab.
    Lock Him Up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-31-2021)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

How do you explain my never wearing a mask since this bullshit started many months ago--other than occasionally one that was worthless for social reasons--yet going all over the place, meeting people I had no idea if they were contagious or not, etc.?

The way I see it, I have a higher chance of dying from electrocution, asbestos, lead paint, toxic chemicals, and other industrial hazards than from Chinese Disease.

My view is that masks are the new 55 mph speed limit.
    That’s me.

I’ve done absolutely nothing in terms of mitigation that I wasn’t forced to. The local gym was shut for some weeks about a year ago but the day it opened up I was back in it, huffing and puffing with my unmasked gym buddies. We had to sign in every day in case they had to do contact tracing, but to my knowledge, not a single infection was ever traced back to it. And this is one of the large chain gyms.

The local watering hole—I was there once a week throughout the peak. Now, they did trace a handful of infections back to it, but everyone recovered. The *minute* they open restaurants for inside dining I was there. Same ditto for shopping and etc.

It’s a near certainty, that I’ve been exposed to the Bat Lady’s CCP bug. Probably several or even many times so I’m inclined to think I have native immunity from T-cells. It’s one of things that’s jacked up about this whole mess. You’d think the CDC would mandate that everyone be tested for antibodies and *then* put out their vaccine recommendations.

But that might cut into Big Pharma’s margins, so yeah.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (07-31-2021)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Inoculation or intubation.
    false dichotomy fallacy.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,767 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

People choose to not wear masks and not to be vaccinated because they don't believe in social responsibility.

This makes them by any reasonable standard bad people. Period.
    They have absolutely no value to society, and their absence would improve the world.

This is where the Pollyanna types infuriate me.
    They know that masks should be worn, but are unable to cultivate a visceral hatred for the unvaccinated and unmasked.
    They regard them as people of potential value who need to be turned around.
    This massive mental deficiency makes the Pollyannas as useless as the the unmasked.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-31-2021), Micawber (07-31-2021)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

witty subject line.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    People choose to not wear masks and not to be vaccinated because they don't believe in social responsibility.

This makes them by any reasonable standard bad people. Period.
    They have absolutely no value to society, and their absence would improve the world.

This is where the Pollyanna types infuriate me.
    They know that masks should be worn, but are unable to cultivate a visceral hatred for the unvaccinated and unmasked.
    They regard them as people of potential value who need to be turned around.
    This massive mental deficiency makes the Pollyannas as useless as the the unmasked.
    That's harsh even by my standards!

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Cover it now or cover you later?
    Mask lazy and pushin up daisies?
    cover that pie hole or shove in the die hole?