Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That’s me.

I’ve done absolutely nothing in terms of mitigation that I wasn’t forced to. The local gym was shut for some weeks about a year ago but the day it opened up I was back in it, huffing and puffing with my unmasked gym buddies. We had to sign in every day in case they had to do contact tracing, but to my knowledge, not a single infection was ever traced back to it. And this is one of the large chain gyms.

The local watering hole—I was there once a week throughout the peak. Now, they did trace a handful of infections back to it, but everyone recovered. The *minute* they open restaurants for inside dining I was there. Same ditto for shopping and etc.

It’s a near certainty, that I’ve been exposed to the Bat Lady’s CCP bug. Probably several or even many times so I’m inclined to think I have native immunity from T-cells. It’s one of things that’s jacked up about this whole mess. You’d think the CDC would mandate that everyone be tested for antibodies and *then* put out their vaccine recommendations.

But that might cut into Big Pharma’s margins, so yeah.
    Without testing you have no idea if you got it or not. If you did, it is entirely possible that you passed it on to others. You could be personally responsible for people dying, despite feeling fine.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

take your vax or I'll give you an ax?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

mRNA or we'll blow you away?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

maintain social distance at Fauci's insistence?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

mask when you dine or I'll box you in pine?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    mask when you dine or I'll box you in pine?
    Bravo!

That one was awesome.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

wash your hands or make funeral plans

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Micawber (07-31-2021)

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Without testing you have no idea if you got it or not. If you did, it is entirely possible that you passed it on to others. You could be personally responsible for people dying, despite feeling fine.
    Asymptomatic transmission isn’t very sciencey because of the difficulty in separating *truly* asymptomatic infections from pre-symptomatic infections. By definition, the viral load in a truly asymptomatic infection would be so low that it would make transmission frequency low.

IOW, the probability that ‘I killed people’ by ignoring the largely pointless mitigation schemes is negligible. Probably non-existent.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It rubs disinfectant on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Asymptomatic transmission isn’t very sciencey because of the difficulty in separating *truly* asymptomatic infections from pre-symptomatic infections. By definition, the viral load in a truly asymptomatic infection would be so low that it would make transmission frequency low.

IOW, the probability that ‘I killed people’ by ignoring the largely pointless mitigation schemes is negligible. Probably non-existent.
    Let's hope you got lucky. It would be nagging at the conscience to think otherwise. Who needs that kind of stress?

I know you understand that we all share this planet together and really do have to look out for one another.

After all. People look out for you. Why shouldn't you look out for others?

What goes around comes around.

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"isn’t very sciencey"

Science is relentless and never gives up on a challenge. Even if science is bewildered about why things happen. That's the challenge.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you inadvertently spreading COVID to your loved ones?

Keep apart or lose your heart.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "isn’t very sciencey"

Science is relentless and never gives up on a challenge. Even if science is bewildered about why things happen. That's the challenge.
    Which is why any inefficiency or failure of vaccine promise to overperform the studies and safety tests is annoying...
    Science is a method and so it does not stop. I'd love to hear a better alternative from the naysayers. But nope, what we
    will get in return for being, sadly, the sole party supportive of science, is "see, we told you." Told us based on what?
    Rank gainsaying. It's disheartening and disgusting.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2021)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Which is why any inefficiency or failure of vaccine promise to overperform the studies and safety tests is annoying...
    Science is a method and so it does not stop. I'd love to hear a better alternative from the naysayers. But nope, what we
    will get in return for being, sadly, the sole party supportive of science, is "see, we told you." Told us based on what?
    Rank gainsaying. It's disheartening and disgusting.
    It is mind-boggling that people live in a lifestyle hyper enhanced by science, and they put down science.

And they do this a computer they, what, grew in their yard?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-31-2021)

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    link
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain