Thread: “It’s Time to Start Requiring Vaccinations”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default “It’s Time to Start Requiring Vaccinations”

“It’s Time to Start Requiring Vaccinations - Bring on the passports!”

“That doesn’t require foolproof pass technology, only that American institutions like state governments, large businesses, colleges, transit providers, cultural venues and restaurant announce that they plan to make certain locations (and privileges like employment) inaccessible sometime soon to anyone who doesn’t have an immunization record or a medical exemption.”

“The wide and expanding majority of eligible individuals who’ve chosen to get vaccinated in the United States have waited enough time. If the emphatically unprotected want to continue to exercise their right to get a severe respiratory disease because of junk information, or to prove a point to a largely imaginary version of the “elite,” that’s fine. They can just do it on their own time, in their own places, and literally nowhere else, so everyone else can breathe again.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...passports.html

“It’s Time to Start Requiring Covid Vaccines - Too many aren’t getting the shot, and the state has options to compel citizens”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...th-11627402120

Long overdue, time we make the Tucker lemmings stay home instead of us

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Diesel (07-28-2021), gemini104104 (07-29-2021), Hoosier Daddy (07-28-2021), no worries (07-28-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wall Street Journal. One of the most conservative editorial boards in the country. Yes, it's about time. Vaccinated people should not have to put up with unvaccinated morons.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

how do these cretins think we all but eliminated polio and smallpox and measles from our society, if not by mandating vaccinations for public school?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

LV426 (07-28-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Not a vaccination it's an experimental drug!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Bulletbob (07-28-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Call it what you like, it is preventing Americans from catching, spreading, and dying from a virus, why do the many have to live with a virus because of the stupidity of others, let them stay home why the rest of us get on with our lives

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Call it what you like, it is preventing Americans from catching, spreading, and dying from a virus, why do the many have to live with a virus because of the stupidity of others, let them stay home why the rest of us get on with our lives
    The hell it is, it's a fact that vaxed people who may have Covid and are asymptomatic, can spread it mask up!

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

mRNA technology is proven and safe.

Your garden variety Deplorable is in the habit of eating Doritos and pork rinds by the truckload, inordinate quantities of fast food and red meat, genetically modified foods, and guzzling cheap beer by the case.

I really do not believe Deplorables became so radically health conscious as of 20 January 2021.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

no worries (07-28-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Then don't let any of your family, friends, or allies get the shot.

We don't want you to get it, we don't want your family or friends to get it either.

We want you all to run the risk of COVID for the next 15 months because some of you will inevitably die and you'll die in numbers large enough to make the difference in some narrow elections next year.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    mRNA technology is proven and safe.

Your garden variety Deplorable is in the habit of eating Doritos and pork rinds by the truckload, inordinate quantities of fast food and red meat, genetically modified foods, and guzzling cheap beer by the case.

I really do not believe Deplorables became so radically health conscious as of 20 January 2021.
    I think we should stop arguing with them on the effectiveness of the vaccine.

At this point, their audience is the unvaccinated for whom all this is a joke.

They want to prolong this because they have no policy from the last 40 years they can point to that has ever benefited this country.

So fine...I'm perfectly happy with these idiots convincing their idiot friends to skip the shot.

Some of them are going to die...it's an inevitability that I think we should be encouraging.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cypress (07-28-2021)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I think we should stop arguing with them on the effectiveness of the vaccine.

At this point, their audience is the unvaccinated for whom all this is a joke.

They want to prolong this because they have no policy from the last 40 years they can point to that has ever benefited this country.

So fine...I'm perfectly happy with these idiots convincing their idiot friends to skip the shot.

Some of them are going to die...it's an inevitability that I think we should be encouraging.
    I do not really want anyone to die, but I find it extraordinary that Republican state-level vaccine rollout programs are so inept that countries like Mongolia, Uruguay, and Dominican Republic are totally blowing them away in the race to get citizens vaccinated.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I do not really want anyone to die, but I find it extraordinary that Republican state-level vaccine rollout programs are so inept that countries like Mongolia, Uruguay, and Dominican Republic are totally blowing them away in the race to get citizens vaccinated.
    My patience with people has been so exhausted over the last year and a half that I'm at the point now where I want to encourage the reckless people to kill themselves.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

how many bodies is it worth to obtain your objective?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    wrong. how many vaccinated people do we now have contracting covid again????? stop lying
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    wrong. how many vaccinated people do we now have contracting covid again????? stop lying
    Of course you can still get COVID if you're vaccinated.

The difference is that if you're vaccinated and you catch it, you avoid the worst symptoms that land you in the hospital.

Seems to me that getting the shot is a much better choice than not getting it and having to dodge COVID.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Of course you can still get COVID if you're vaccinated.

The difference is that if you're vaccinated and you catch it, you avoid the worst symptoms that land you in the hospital.

Seems to me that getting the shot is a much better choice than not getting it and having to dodge COVID.
    so did archives misspeak himself when he said "it is preventing Americans from catching, spreading, and dying from a virus,"

FYI, members of my motorcycle club have been vaccinated and one of them contracted covid again................

i'm really seeing no upside to the so called herd immunity, other than the weak explanations of 'lesser symptoms', which has NOT been proven.