Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 198

Thread: What do you want for our country?

  1. #61 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,505
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 4,601 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 239 Times in 218 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    THE MOB RULES WHEN ELECTIONS ARE NOT FAIR IDIOT!
    Yep, and that's becoming the dominant theme of all our elections now for well over a decade...

  2. #62 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    But your argument is that only each state is authoritative, not the citizens.
    that's not my argument. you're ignoring the house, which represents the people. the senate WAS the states representation, now it's a majority party representation of each state.
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  3. #63 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 276 Times in 230 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 55 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Mobs attacked the nation, the Capitol. That is the problem.
    What do you call what happened in West Coast Cities all last summer?

  4. #64 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Mobs attacked the nation, the Capitol. That is the problem.
    irrelevant and not on topic. you complain about that enough. yes or no, the majority now elect the senators of each state.
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  5. #65 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    that's not my argument. you're ignoring the house, which represents the people. the senate WAS the states representation, now it's a majority party representation of each state.
    The House represents districts.

  6. #66 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    irrelevant and not on topic. you complain about that enough. yes or no, the majority now elect the senators of each state.
    Senators are elected by majority in each state, yes.

  7. #67 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,387
    Thanks
    867
    Thanked 930 Times in 745 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 48 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    .
    What do you want for our country?

    For the REAL PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES ... DONALD J TRUMP ... TO BE IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

  8. #68 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The House represents districts.
    obtuse again. the district is made up of people..............that is why there are 435 representatives........

    stop trying to play dumb like you don't know this
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  9. #69 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    obtuse again. the district is made up of people..............that is why there are 435 representatives........

    stop trying to play dumb like you don't know this
    I am not going to entertain personal attacks. Let's address the issues.

  10. #70 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Senators are elected by majority in each state, yes.
    so, unlike in the past, where state legislatures picked senators to represent each state, now the senators are picked by a majority of people, or a political party. so they are not representing the state, are they?
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  11. #71 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I am not going to entertain personal attacks. Let's address the issues.
    I am addressing the issue, you're pretending not to know what the issue is
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  12. #72 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so, unlike in the past, where state legislatures picked senators to represent each state, now the senators are picked by a majority of people, or a political party. so they are not representing the state, are they?
    The popular vote in each state elects the federal Senator. What is it we are disagreeing on?

  13. #73 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I am addressing the issue, you're pretending not to know what the issue is
    What am I not understanding?

  14. #74 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,505
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 4,601 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 239 Times in 218 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    He would be a criminal breaking US law.
    No, he wouldn't.



    That's Jacques Littlefield (now deceased). He owned one of the largest collections of running fully functional tanks on the planet. He had more tanks than most nations did. The government didn't come and arrest him for being a criminal.



    When he died, he had amassed a collection of over 200 tanks (plus other vehicles), including many first-line modern tanks like a T-72 or a Leopard I and M 60A3.

  15. #75 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,843 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 366 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    No, he wouldn't.



    That's Jacques Littlefield (now deceased). He owned one of the largest collections of running fully functional tanks on the planet. He had more tanks than most nations did. The government didn't come and arrest him for being a criminal.



    When he died, he had amassed a collection of over 200 tanks (plus other vehicles), including many first-line modern tanks like a T-72 or a Leopard I and M 60A3.
    Machine guns are not legal.

Similar Threads

  1. Would you rather live in a Socialist country or an Authoritarian country?
    By Joe Capitalist in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 06-03-2021, 08:08 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2021, 04:02 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2020, 10:24 AM
  4. Ouch! This country replaces U.S. as country with the best image
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2017, 02:34 AM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 11:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •