Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: This isn’t helping to convince the hesitant

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    supposedly all sorts of virologists, as well as CDC personnel, know that virus' mutate.........which is why over the last 40 some years all the vaccines have been refined and reworked to accommodate those mutations. But they marched out this experimental vaccine claiming that it was safe, effective, and would mitigate the covid to restore our lives to normal...........did they forget about mutations? or was it to downplay the virus so as not to instill fear in the public?
    I think people were doing the best they could in a bad situation.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    As a former healthcare drone I would call that a great question lol.

That surgical/cloth masks are pointless is evidenced by the fact you don’t see them warn anywhere near critical care areas. Before I was furloughed in 2020 *surgical masks were not permitted* in the operating room theater. N95 only. Try to walk in there with a rag around your mug and you’d probably get a three day suspension.

There’s a 2015 study I’ve posted which showed surgical masks couldn’t be shown to have a statistically significant effect on the rate of infection *from bacteria* in the OR. It’s always been the case—and it’s never not been the case, that the only mask that protects anyone from viral transmission is the N95 respirator.

My only guess is hospitals figure it couldn’t hurt to mandate the public wear masks inside the establishment. But that isn’t very sciencey.
    I'm referring to N95, not cloth/'surgical' masks. My PCP came in the room with a surgical mask covered by an N95 and goggles. I don't wear cloth masks, only N95s. Are you suggesting they do not help?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Do you know that bacteria are far bigger than viruses?
    Yes, that's why I wear N95 masks as trying to keep aerosolized virus particles out with a cloth mask is akin to keeping mosquitoes out with a chain link fence.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I think people were doing the best they could in a bad situation.
    that may be, but being a terrified coward and browbeating others who aren't as scared as you, is no way to go through life, son.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    that may be, but being a terrified coward and browbeating others who aren't as scared as you, is no way to go through life, son.
    Browbeating whom? My only concern is with what I'm doing. Clearly me stating my opinion hurts your widdle feewings. Guess what? Sorry, not sorry.

This is about survival of the fittest. Must be doing something right because I've gone the entire duration without catching it, but if you want the crap, knock yourself out.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Yes, I’ve mopped many an operating room and I was damn good at it lol.

You said deflection your best debate strategy and you’re not incorrect.
    your own thread is above your head

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-01-2021)

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Browbeating whom? My only concern is with what I'm doing. Clearly me stating my opinion hurts your widdle feewings. Guess what? Sorry, not sorry.

This is about survival of the fittest. Must be doing something right because I've gone the entire duration without catching it, but if you want the crap, knock yourself out.
    I would have to have feelings for people before you could hurt them. I don't. I probably caught it in Jan 2020 during a 10 day stretch where I was exhausted and a cough I couldn't get rid of. I've been fine ever since. I think i'm good.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

I wish this were complicated. The first to get the Trump virus were old people, many in nursing homes. They were sick and dying by the thousands. So we started a vaccine administration program for the old people. It was not long ago. We started with those over 65 getting it first and slowly moved down.
    Now the old people are not leading in the virus patients. The hospitals are getting younger and younger people. The ICUs are being populated by people under 50 and many even younger. We know why. THE OLD PEOPLE WERE VACCINATED. It works. That is so clear.
    Anyone refusing the vaccine is risking their lives and their families. They are denying the information that we all can see if we look with open eyes.
    The shots are easy to get and free. Just do your family a favor and get the vaccine.
    If you have been vaccinated, you can still carry it around. That is why masking is necessary. The vaccine will keep you from getting a serious case of the mutated Trump virus. It will help keep you from spreading it.
    Get the vaccine and wear a mask until it is over. Then you can blame Obama and Biden if it makes you happy.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 08-01-2021 at 01:40 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-01-2021)