Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This isn’t helping to convince the hesitant

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    He isn't going to understand that. But I applaud your effort.
    I understand lies like that..............you should as well, but I know that's never going to happen. you liberals can't think for yourselves
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    disagree. vaxxes arent treatments,they are a prophylactic

Yes the spike changes, but the antibodies seen to do a good job of blocking viral loading even in variants

according the the CDC ( the latest story) is mask are supposed to be worn to prevent transmission
    FROM VAXXED PEOPLE..I kid you not.. that's not even "sciencey" it's just stoopid

If you are vaxxed - unless you are a very small minority that get "breathru" symptoms you are not spreading

The CDC is a laughing stock- i cant help but think they are politicized to look like Biden is "doing something"

good logic
    People can be totally asymptomatic and be a spreader.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Concart (07-31-2021), Guno צְבִי (07-31-2021)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

try to keep up. The CDC now recommends mask for THOSE ALREADY VAXXED..
    which is stoopid
    Why is that stoopid? Vaxxed can transmit the virus just like unvaxxed. It is to protect the immunocompromised.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    People can be totally asymptomatic and be a spreader.
    Again, a huge thanks for continuing to speak the truth about this. Greatly appreciated.

What you said is correct. This was the primary takeaway from the Provincetown. That the viral load in vaccinated people was the same as unvaccinated people, which makes it even more important to mask up. This is the reason for the CDC guidance. They don't want vaccinated people with no symptoms to spread the virus.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-31-2021), Life is Golden (07-31-2021)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

there is no statistical evidence masks stop the (aerosol) spread. none
    for the CDC to make this recommendation is irresponsible,and can only lead to more vaxx hesitancy
    If they don't work, why does everyone in doctor's offices and hospitals wear masks or double masks and shields/eye goggles?

This really isn't hard to figure out.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again, a huge thanks for continuing to speak the truth about this. Greatly appreciated.

What you said is correct. This was the primary takeaway from the Provincetown. That the viral load in vaccinated people was the same as unvaccinated people, which makes it even more important to mask up. This is the reason for the CDC guidance. They don't want vaccinated people with no symptoms to spread the virus.
    Exactly!

I do not understand why so many people are choosing to be willfully ignorant and risk their lives over stupid political bullshit.

How about the "Hella Mega Tour" super spreader event today? Insane.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Concart (07-31-2021), Guno צְבִי (07-31-2021)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why is that stoopid? Vaxxed can transmit the virus just like unvaxxed. It is to protect the immunocompromised.
    you don't think reversing your decision on something that important makes you look stupid?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so the vaccine didn't work. got it

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    you don't think reversing your decision on something that important makes you look stupid?
    In the uncharted terroritory we are in now? No.

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In the uncharted terroritory we are in now? No.
    uncharted territory..........so the CDC was making recommendations based on misinformation................right?

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    uncharted territory..........so the CDC was making recommendations based on misinformation................right?
    I don't know. The Delta variant seems to be a whole different animal. A lot of people are catching it.

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

masks dont stop a spread (epidemiology) - but docs deal with compromised health care patients..as you say some are immunocompromised.
    Dont think you know but my sis had to go thru a liver transplant. She's healing well after 3 years of watching her turn yelllow (jaundic)0 and bloat up

She social distances as much as possible - which is reducing the chances to exposure. it works
    She wears a mask to medical facilities. they insisted she get vaxxed, but she had to wait 6 months after the transplant

Masks just dont give protection to the wearer (aerosol), and people tend to touch the face when they adjust.
    between my glasses fogging up im constantly having to adjust them

Let me make my own decision. INHO vaxxing is mandatory for good health, masks give a false sense of protection

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't know. The Delta variant seems to be a whole different animal. A lot of people are catching it.
    There is a distinction between lack of information and misinformation. The asymptomatic spread by vaccinated people was not known until very recently. It most certainly took me by surprise.

This disease is not to be trifled with. Even vaxxed.... it is not a pleasant journey. And it's incredibly disrupting to your life.

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

look at the hospitalization and death rates .. the cases are way up here, but nationwide not.
    And those in the hospitals are way majority not vaxxed.

virus tend to become more infectious,but less viral as they mutate

Get vaxxed, use good hygiene and wear a mask if you want to; but it's your overall health is what determines
    symptoms after exposure . i've been doing a complete makeover for 3 years . I feel great and am not concerned

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,971 Times in 14,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    The vaccines are for people to protect themselves from getting sick. Just the same way with the flu.
    Flu vaccine are ~50% effective.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-31-2021)