Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: "Subpoenas are coming "soon" from Jan. 6 select committee, panel chair says"

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I agree. The whole thing is a farce.
    The unwillingness of the Republican politicians to investigate an attack on The Capitol..is farce.

The willingness of the American Right to tolerate that conduct in their politicians...is farce.

The entire of the American Right...is farce.

The Select Committee investigating the insurrection...is not farce at all.

It is deadly serious...and scaring the shit out of the politicians of the right. There only saving hope is that the morons who support them will continue to support them no matter how deep in the swamp they swim.

Why then, would it be helpful? You said he's incapable...
    Are you actually asking why it would be helpful for all of America to see Trump lie (the amateurish way he lies) over a sustained interrogation?

BECAUSE...should be sufficient as a reply, RB.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-28-2021)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    CNN:

Chair Bennie Thompson told CNN that the select committee will “soon” issue subpoenas, but he declined to say who would be targeted.

He said the panel won’t resort to writing letters for voluntary information — and will instead go straight to subpoenas.

“Letters just lengthen the time. We just want to get it all done,” he told CNN off camera.

Thompson also said they plan to meet with Attorney General Merrick Garland soon because they want access to all relevant data. He added they would seek information gathered by impeachment investigators about the Jan. 6 attack.
    I can hardly wait to see DONALD TRUMP finally get subpoenaed and lie before Congress and incriminate himself for all to see!

I hope he is number 1 on the list- and Giuliani is number 2- and EVERY CONGRESSMAN WHO HAS COVERED UP THEIR PART IN THE INSURRECTION WITH LIES- AND EVERY WHITE SUPREMACIST THAT HELPED FINANCE THE INSURRECTION!

Lets watch them all lie under oath and incriminate themselves!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 07-28-2021 at 08:09 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-28-2021), PoliTalker (07-28-2021)

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

welp, looks like Gym Wanker will be in attendance, the dumb shit pretty much admitted he spoke with the Don during the Insurrection......and hey Gymmie, try wearing a suit coat this time

Rep. Jordan appears to acknowledge speaking with Trump on Jan. 6

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) appeared to acknowledge Tuesday night that he spoke with President Donald Trump on Jan. 6, increasing the likelihood that he will be called to testify before the House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters.

Jordan, a staunch Trump ally, was pressed on the subject during an interview on Fox News. At first, he offered a vague answer, saying that he speaks frequently with Trump but doesn’t think it’s appropriate to share what they talk about.

Asked specifically about Jan. 6 by anchor Bret Baier, Jordan said: “Yes. I mean I’ve talked to the president, I’ve talked to the president so many — I can’t remember all the days I have talked to him, but I have certainly talked to the president.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

this ought to be one hellova show, watching him launch into one of his classic childish rants with the veins popping and drool spittal flying

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

I hope the committee subpoenas this insurrection instigator?!!

Brooks calls for physical action at rally of Trump supporters

https://www.decaturdaily.com/multime...2cadce3c8.html

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I hope the committee subpoenas this insurrection instigator?!!

Brooks calls for physical action at rally of Trump supporters

https://www.decaturdaily.com/multime...2cadce3c8.html

Brooks AND Rudi......Insurrection cheer leaders on video inciting the gap tooths to attack OUR capitol

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Guns existed in 1600.
    *whoosh*!

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes they did, dope.
    You're correct. Guns were invented in the 1300's.

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is not illegal to be armed.
    No shit, Sherlock?

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

RQAA. Pivot fallacies. Trolling.
    Yawn.

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Attempted proof by void.

Yes. The Democrats have a lot to answer for.

A successful coup. So far it is.
    Lies. Trolling.

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I can hardly wait to see DONALD TRUMP finally get subpoenaed and lie before Congress and incriminate himself for all to see!

I hope he is number 1 on the list- and Giuliani is number 2- and EVERY CONGRESSMAN WHO HAS COVERED UP THEIR PART IN THE INSURRECTION WITH LIES- AND EVERY WHITE SUPREMACIST THAT HELPED FINANCE THE INSURRECTION!

Lets watch them all lie under oath and incriminate themselves!
    what happens if Trump and RepubliQans in Congress are subpoenaed and they ignore the subpoena? They may think that the penalty for ignoring the subpoena (contempt of Congress) is less damaging than being questioned under oath about the Insurrection.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    You want to see the Democrats as a whole heads explode? They subpoena Trump to appear before the inquisition, he does as requested, and then takes the fifth amendment and walks out. The Democrats would go slinging monkey shit crazy if that happened. They wouldn't know how to respond. They'd be on every news station babbling endlessly about--in essence--how Trump just screwed them out of screwing him.

That'd be pay per view worthy!
    I would like to see that.

Let Trump take the stand under oath and plead the 5th. Let all the other witnesses implicate him. Let the Department of justice run with that and charge him with a felony.

" 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

U.S. Code:

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

Yeah, I'd like to see that justice done.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Trump would say he forgot every single conversation he ever had. That is what he did in courts in the past. Yeah, he claimed to have the best memory in the history of man. Trump talks like that and rightys think that is OK. Our standards have sunk since Trump ran for office.
    Trump organized the insurrection and he is clearly responsible for all that happened. He should pay bigly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-28-2021)

17. #104 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    The unwillingness of the Republican politicians to investigate an attack on The Capitol..is farce.

The willingness of the American Right to tolerate that conduct in their politicians...is farce.

The entire of the American Right...is farce.

The Select Committee investigating the insurrection...is not farce at all.

It is deadly serious...and scaring the shit out of the politicians of the right. There only saving hope is that the morons who support them will continue to support them no matter how deep in the swamp they swim.

Are you actually asking why it would be helpful for all of America to see Trump lie (the amateurish way he lies) over a sustained interrogation?

BECAUSE...should be sufficient as a reply, RB.
    Is it raining in N.J.? You're grumpy today. You got it all wrong. Most of the people who you consider "is farce," are hard working contributors to this country. A few went off the deep end, but most accepted the results and have moved on. There's still Trump signs all over, they are there to piss you off (and it's working lol!).
    As for the riot (what you call an insurrection). Charge them with unlawful entry, heavy fine and restitution (plus tax) and be done with it. Kinda like they're doing in Portland (if that) because our Vice president rallied for their bail money..

Improper answer. You want to bring him back in the spotlight? Why? We've moved on. You claim the country is better off now? Prove it.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Is it raining in N.J.? You're grumpy today.
    Very hot...no rain. I am grumpy. My game was so off today, I left the course after only 14 holes. So, yeah, I am grumpy.

You got it all wrong.
    My game I got wrong. My comments about the morons of the right...I got correct.

Most of the people who you consider "is farce," are hard working contributors to this country.
    Anyone still supporting Trump, which includes the people who were party to the insurrection...are fucking morons...not contributors to this country.

A few went off the deep end, but most accepted the results and have moved on. There's still Trump signs all over, they are there to piss you off (and it's working lol!).
    As for the riot (what you call an insurrection). Charge them with unlawful entry, heavy fine and restitution (plus tax) and be done with it. Kinda like they're doing in Portland (if that) because our Vice president rallied for their bail money..
    My guess is that none of them will get what I consider a fair penalty for insurrection. Whatever they get, however, I will accept as reasonable.

Improper answer. You want to bring him back in the spotlight? Why? We've moved on. You claim the country is better off now? Prove it.
    I want Trump to be shown as the disgusting turd he is. For that to be done, he must stay in the spotlight. Hitler stayed in the spotlight to the end. So did John Dillinger, Jeffery Dahmer, Napoleon, and Caligula. It happens...and must be accepted for justice to prevail.

The country IS much better off with the abomination gone from office. If you require me to prove that he is no longer president...you've got problems I cannot help you with.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!