Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda, ParachuteAdams and jakemax

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Einstein vs. Bohr

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Epstein's CIA job was to record people in power having sex with underage girls so he'd have complete control over them. I'm trying to show why physics is stuck in the 20th century.
    Physics is stuck because of the sex trafficking?

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Physics is stuck because of the sex trafficking?
    If I had a sex tape of you and told you to wear bell bottom jeans and platform shoes, you'd most likely do what you were told.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Light from behind a black hole spotted for 1st time, proving Einstein right
    By Ben Turner

The super-hot cloud, or corona, wraps around the black hole and gets heated up as it falls in. Temperatures in the corona can reach millions of degrees, according to the researchers, turning the cloud of particles into a magnetized plasma as electrons are ripped from atoms. The spinning of the black hole causes the combined magnetic field of the coronal plasma to arc high above the black hole and eventually snap, releasing X-rays from the corona as a result.

https://www.livescience.com/einstein...ght-black-hole

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Light from behind a black hole spotted for 1st time, proving Einstein right
    By Ben Turner

The super-hot cloud, or corona, wraps around the black hole and gets heated up as it falls in. Temperatures in the corona can reach millions of degrees, according to the researchers, turning the cloud of particles into a magnetized plasma as electrons are ripped from atoms. The spinning of the black hole causes the combined magnetic field of the coronal plasma to arc high above the black hole and eventually snap, releasing X-rays from the corona as a result.

https://www.livescience.com/einstein...ght-black-hole
    It's pretty cool, but we have known for a century that light is bent in the presence of a strong gravitational field, in this case light outside the event horizon.

What I would like to see corroborated is Hawking radiation in the presence of a black hole, and for some preeminent physicist to explain to me why the conservation of energy is not violated when a pair quantum virtual particles pop into existence at the event horizon and one of them is converted in a real photon.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default this is called “felony disenfranchisement

A Carolina rig tipped with loligo.

71HsyJfICeL._AC_SY879_.jpg

I got in trouble with the cops. They put me on the pier for community service.
    I had to catch gogs for the fisherman on the pier.

From 6 to 8 they were catching bait, After that they started fishing.

The kids are showing that they’re being responsible while fishing.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ParachuteAdams View Post
    A Carolina rig tipped with loligo.

71HsyJfICeL._AC_SY879_.jpg

I got in trouble with the cops. They put me on the pier for community service.
    I had to catch gogs for the fisherman on the pier.

From 6 to 8 they were catching bait, After that they started fishing.

The kids are showing that they’re being responsible while fishing.
    Now you have exhausted my patience, and the mentally ill are banned from mucking up a serious thread about two of the greatest minds of the 20th century.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Now you have exhausted my patience, and the mentally ill are banned from mucking up a serious thread about two of the greatest minds of the 20th century.
    I think his account has been hacked. He hasn't been heard from since few months.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's pretty cool, but we have known for a century that light is bent in the presence of a strong gravitational field, in this case light outside the event horizon.

What I would like to see corroborated is Hawking radiation in the presence of a black hole, and for some preeminent physicist to explain to me why the conservation of energy is not violated when a pair quantum virtual particles pop into existence at the event horizon and one of them is converted in a real photon.
    Einstein predicted black holes but we don't know that much about them. It's only been about 50 years of research. Plus there's not that many black holes that can be observed--they're black. I still can't grasp singularities.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Einstein predicted black holes but we don't know that much about them. It's only been about 50 years of research. Plus there's not that many black holes that can be observed--they're black. I still can't grasp singularities.
    Einstein himself did not predict blackholes, although it was implied mathematically by General relativity. It was Schwarzchild who first noticed in 1915 that Einstein's field equations predicted an anomalous gravitational singularity, but the full implications were not understood at the time. It was not until after WW2 that black holes as a genuine physical region of coordinate spacetime was hypothesized and seriously considered.

No black holes can be observed because light or any electromagnetic energy can escape it's event horizon. Black holes are detected by gravitational effects, gravitational lensing, and the emission of xrays near their event horizon.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Einstein himself did not predict blackholes, although it was implied mathematically by General relativity. It was Schwarzchild who first noticed in 1915 that Einstein's field equations predicted an anomalous gravitational singularity, but the full implications were not understood at the time. It was not until after WW2 that black holes as a genuine physical region of coordinate spacetime was hypothesized and seriously considered.

No black holes can be observed because light or any electromagnetic energy can escape it's event horizon. Black holes are detected by gravitational effects, gravitational lensing, and the emission of xrays near their event horizon.
    Physicists and astronomers keep expanding (pun intended) on Einstein's math in an attempt to fill in the gaps. Science is content with keeping general relativity even though quantum will be the next big breakthrough. There's no singularity in quantum physics so astronomers are trying to remove it from GR. That means no big bang and no physical breakdown inside a black hole. All empirical evidence has to be thrown away. Observation is not real.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

For sure. It drove Einstein nuts.
    The overarching question concerns whether the quantum waveform representatives objective reality or is it just the subjective knowledge of an observer?
    Or…as Heisenberg observed, has the manner or method of observation changed the very nature of what is being observed.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-04-2021)

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The conventional wisdom from the late 1920s is that Bohr had beaten Einstein, and Bohr's instrumentalist version of the quantum universe prevailed over Einstein's realist approach to quantum mechanics. I even remember Bohr's Copenhagen interpretation being taught as the consensus theory in freshman physics in the 1980s.

My impression is that time has been kinder to Einstein and the Copenhagen interpretation is on the wane among researchers with expertise in quantum mechanics -- giving rise to realist interpretations of quantum reality, aka the many worlds interpretation.
    Except as the article states that the collapse between the quantum state and the macroscopic state where a specific state of matter has been determined has not been observed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-04-2021)

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Quantum mechanics is not a refutation of Newton. It is a more exact way to measure the movement of particles.
    Or more correctly predicting the probability of their movement. Which, unfortunately, tells you nothing about their actual location.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-04-2021)

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Or more correctly predicting the probability of their movement. Which, unfortunately, tells you nothing about their actual location.
    Tells you about position but not with same degree of accuracy.

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Both models are correct and yet they cannot reconcile both together.
    Yet in Einstein’s view that should be possible. It has not yet been shown what that correlation between the quantum level of reality vs the macroscopic level of reality is. At least not experimentally.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-04-2021)