Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda, ParachuteAdams and jakemax

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Einstein vs. Bohr

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 168 Times in 158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Sounds like an interesting hypothesis, but I do not know if this is a verified and widely accepted theory. At this time, I believe C is still widely considered a universal constant as a practical matter.
    Changes are going to be made to general relativity. Lasting as long as it did speaks volumes. There are too many gaps that need to be filled. Spacetime doesn't hold up in 21st century physics. String theory proves that. Physicists can only account for about 5% of the weight of the known multiverse. The first step is accepting the fact that there are millions of universes.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,294 Times in 27,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Changes are going to be made to general relativity. Lasting as long as it did speaks volumes. There are too many gaps that need to be filled. Spacetime doesn't hold up in 21st century physics. String theory proves that. Physicists can only account for about 5% of the weight of the known multiverse. The first step is accepting the fact that there are millions of universes.
    Right, I mentioned a few dozen posts ago that the conventional wisdom is that general relativity will untimely need to be replaced with a quantum theory of gravity. I think part of it might depend on experimentally verifying that gravitons exist.

Encyclopedia Britannica still reports that speed of light in a vacuum, C, is still considered a universal constant. So whatever your 2013 article was hypothesizing either has not been experimentally verified and gained wide acceptance, or it describes an esoteric property of light which does not fundamentally change the status of C as a universal constant.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right, I mentioned a few dozen posts ago that the conventional wisdom is that general relativity will untimely need to be replaced with a quantum theory of gravity. I think part of it might depend on experimentally verifying that gravitons exist.

Encyclopedia Britannica still reports that speed of light in a vacuum, C, is still considered a universal constant. So whatever your 2013 article was hypothesizing either has not been experimentally verified and gained wide acceptance, or it describes an esoteric property of light which does not fundamentally change the status of C as a universal constant.
    General relativity/spacetime is a work of art. Physicists know it's flawed but they won't give it up piecemeal. What if Russia or China quantizes gravity? Even worse if a self-funded group comes up with a theory of everything. If the pentagon can't use it for a better way to kill people, it won't get funded. Politics is destroying science.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

General relativity/spacetime is a work of art. Physicists know it's flawed
    False. Relativity theory is widely accepted by virtually all physicists.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,762 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

It may seem counterintuitive but despite the medium seemly slowing down a light beam, it's speed still doesn't alter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Cypress (07-29-2021)

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    False. Relativity theory is widely accepted by virtually all physicists.
    Even when something new/better comes along, politics will kill it.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

General relativity/spacetime is a work of art. Physicists know it's flawed but they won't give it up piecemeal. What if Russia or China quantizes gravity? Even worse if a self-funded group comes up with a theory of everything. If the pentagon can't use it for a better way to kill people, it won't get funded. Politics is destroying science.
    I rank general relativity, Darwinian-Mendelian evolution, quantum mechanics, and climate change as the most thoroughly tested and verified theories in 20th century science.

I have been trying to calculate how much time I can extend my life if I move to higher elevation and reap the rewards of time dilation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-29-2021)

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Even when something new/better comes along, politics will kill it.
    You are incoherent.

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It may seem counterintuitive but despite the medium seemly slowing down a light beam, it's speed still doesn't alter.
    What happens inside a black hole?

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,762 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

What happens inside a black hole?
    The laws of physics break apart.

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I rank general relativity, Darwinian-Mendelian evolution, quantum mechanics, and climate change as the most thoroughly tested and verified theories in 20th century science.

I have been trying to calculate how much time I can extend my life if I move to higher elevation and reap the rewards of time dilation.
    Only one can make a smaller transistor.

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    The laws of physics break apart.
    Especially the speed of light.

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The math is way to difficult so I tune in on concepts like the difference between special relativity and general relativity. In special relativity the universe is finite and that's why string theorists like it. String theory is TOE with a beginning and an end. Hawking wrote children's books and started one with "In the beginning". There were so many different string theories that the establishment stepped in to canonize them into M-theory. How do we know if they tossed out the next Einstein?

Then there's the Harvard, MIT and Stephen Hawking connection to Jeffrey Epstein. Why does the CIA want to control theoretical physicists? It explains why physics started sounding a lot like the bible. Physicists no longer have a say in physics.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The math is way to difficult so I tune in on concepts like the difference between special relativity and general relativity. In special relativity the universe is finite and that's why string theorists like it. String theory is TOE with a beginning and an end. Hawking wrote children's books and started one with "In the beginning". There were so many different string theories that the establishment stepped in to canonize them into M-theory. How do we know if they tossed out the next Einstein?

Then there's the Harvard, MIT and Stephen Hawking connection to Jeffrey Epstein. Why does the CIA want to control theoretical physicists? It explains why physics started sounding a lot like the bible. Physicists no longer have a say in physics.
    Einstein made the progression from special relativity to general relativity primarily because SR only applied to relativistic effects for objects in uniform motion. GR took the next step of accounting for relativistic effects in all frames of reference.

String theory is a nice idea, but it cannot even be experimentally tested at this point. It's only support comes from higher mathematics. I am surprised it even gets called a theory, it is really more of a hypothesis at this time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (08-04-2021)

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Einstein made the progression from special relativity to general relativity primarily because SR only applied to relativistic effects for objects in uniform motion. GR took the next step of accounting for relativistic effects in all frames of reference.

String theory is a nice idea, but it cannot even be experimentally tested at this point. It's only support comes from higher mathematics. I am surprised it even gets called a theory, it is really more of a hypothesis at this time.
    The last 30 years of physics has been focused on a finite universe. If you ask grad students why, they'll tell you they're being shackled by the pentagon. The war machine controls their funding yet Harvard and MIT refuse to say why. Physicists have been silenced and ordered to canonize the research. I read a few brilliantly written, peer reviewed, unifying papers that came out of Russia or self-funded physicists that were cut from the canon. We can't talk about the advancements in physics without recognizing the politics holding it back. Physics has turned into the catholic church of inquisitions and pedophilia.