Thread: Prove you are Vaccinated

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I'm concern about fake vaccination cards, we need a fool proof system to verify the card is legit?!!

Fake COVID Vaccine Cards Are Being Sold Online. Using One Is A Crime

A vendor on Amazon was discovered selling a pack of blank COVID-19 vaccination cards this week. The post has since been removed, but
    Yeah, when I got my card first thing I thought was, this would be easy to fake.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Into the Night (07-27-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    In my first post in this thread I stated that simply as well.

In fact the sentence was: They have a right to protect themslves.

I first told you where I stood before I started asking questions to find out exactly where someone else stood.

Wherein I found that Micawber specifically was so afraid of "the unvaccinated" even somebody with what he would believe to be a "valid reason" not to be vaccinated should be equally "punished" for not complying, just calling the punishment he wanted (gulag or leper colony) by different names. I then was clear again where I said I found it interesting. I did. I still do. At this point, in this response, you are still blathering on about my assumed opinion without regard to what was said.

Now that you have had some clarity through my responses, do you still think I have some opinion that you assumed I had?
    No, it was 'they have the right to protect themselves but what about.....'. That's your style. And I am calling you on it. Suit yourself, just don't think we haven't figured you out.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting.

In Micawber's world, you are guilty until proven "innocent- but still worthy of being locked up, just with less caning".
    I mean why do you think anything else? He'd murder his mother over a Trump bumper sticker and brag about it. People who different aren't people to him (or me).

At least he's honest about though.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Minister of Truth (07-27-2021)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post
    I mean why do you think anything else? He'd murder his mother over a Trump bumper sticker and brag about it. People who different aren't people to him (or me).

Classic projection.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post

Indeed. He is honest.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

lol. Why do you ask?
    just wondering if you're one of the hyper hypocrites

looks like I got my answer

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I'm concern about fake vaccination cards, we need a fool proof system to verify the card is legit?!!

Fake COVID Vaccine Cards Are Being Sold Online. Using One Is A Crime

A vendor on Amazon was discovered selling a pack of blank COVID-19 vaccination cards this week. The post has since been removed, but
    We seem to be in this for the long run. I would favor vaccine status being indicated on difficult-to-forge government-issued ID, such as driver's license.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Isn't that like the idiots in high school who work harder trying to cheat on an exam than it'd take to simply study for the exam?

All of the Fox News idiots are vaccinated. WTF is the problem?
    That's about what Trump has done his entire life.

He has worked so hard to rip people off, that if he simply applied himself with just as much effort, but in a legal and benevolent way, he would be far richer, feel better, and accomplish more for society.

He has cheated himself as he has cheated others.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No, it was 'they have the right to protect themselves but what about.....'. That's your style. And I am calling you on it. Suit yourself, just don't think we haven't figured you out.
    So far, you still haven't simply admitted that my opinion, clearly stated in my first post in the thread, may have been different than what you still want to assume about me. If all this forum was was simple inane statements then we wouldn't be able to have conversations.

Asking questions is how I find out where Micawber, in this case it was him I asked the question to because I was interested in his response, stood.

My regular posting in this kind of thread:

I state what I think. (simple sentence too, very simple, "They have a right to protect themselves.")

Then I continue the conversation with a question to whomever I am quoting: "What about those who are allergic.... (so on)?"

I usually get a less interesting response, admittedly. Most folks aren't so simple in their beliefs as Micawber displayed here. He made it very clear that either you are like him, or you deserve punishment in some way. For one group a gulag, for another a leper colony...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    just wondering if you're one of the hyper hypocrites

looks like I got my answer
    I doubt it.'

Since it matters to you so much and you are too simple to have read any other of my myriad responses on the subject:

Yes, I am vaccinated. In fact I was vaccinated in 2020 because I volunteered for testing.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have yet to see a SINGLE MAGAhead or 'libertarian' on this board admit their stupidity and proclaim "I have not been vaccinated"

says all you need to know about these worms

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Yep, I feel bad for those people. But they are a small minority. They have to do things NOW that the rest of us don't have to do. So it was a red herring that was intended to distract from the question at hand. Own what you do instead of pulling the passive aggressive bullshit you are so good at.
    Personally, in order to make folks feel safer, I would mix a response which would allow the allergic, or paranoid, or those who simply refuse to "carry papers" to still have a life:

1. Show you are vaccinated you can then be maskless in my store.
    2. If you don't prove it, then wear a mask.

If you don't want to wear a mask and don't want to prove your vaccination then you can just move on to some other business.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have to thank all the posters who are so confrontational that they make mountains out of mole hills just for the sake of confrontation.

The way it is totally works for me.

I come in, I scroll past most of what I see, comment here or there, get dismayed that there is so much garbage posting, then I leave and get back to better pursuits IRL.

If the whole site was as civil and cerebral as I would like to see, I would spend far too much time here.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Prove You're Vaccinated: Bars, Restaurants Move Toward Vaccine Requirement (msn.com)

It's a prove you are a REAL American test.

As COVID-19 cases surge in California, many bars and restaurants outside of San Diego are requiring patrons to prove they have been vaccinated prior to being allowed inside.
    Let those restaurants fail!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Into the Night (07-27-2021)

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Money talks, bullshit walks. All of this, politics included, is about money.
    You’re almost there, don’t stop lol.

You can do this.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017