Thread: Prove you are Vaccinated

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    They have a right to protect themselves. What about the folks who are just allergic to the vaccine? (Yeah there are some)... should they be treated the same as your assumed "Trumpist".
    No. Red Herring. That number is insignificant. Stop avoiding the real issue, which is vaccine defiance by Trump voters. Stop pretending it's something else.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,603 Times in 51,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    the problem for them would be no paycheck
    Money talks, bullshit walks. All of this, politics included, is about money.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Interesting.

In Micawber's world, you are guilty until proven "innocent- but still worthy of being locked up, just with less caning".
    False. That's like saying that a bar asking for ID is assuming someone is guilty of trying to drink underage. Same with showing a passport, or a license, or a ticket to a game. That argument is utterly lame.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

They have a right to protect themselves. What about the folks who are just allergic to the vaccine? (Yeah there are some)... should they be treated the same as your assumed "Trumpist".
    You wouldn't know you'd have an allergic reaction to a new vaccine unless you take it. My Mom took it despite having had an anaphylactic allergic reaction to something before and she did fine. If they can't take it they get carry out, it's that simple and exactly within the establishment owner's rights.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    have you been vaccinated?
    lol. Why do you ask?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    You wouldn't know you'd have an allergic reaction to a new vaccine unless you take it. My Mom took it despite having had an anaphylactic allergic reaction to something before and she did fine. If they can't take it they get carry out, it's that simple and exactly within the establishment owner's rights.
    Actually, because of my allergies I was given a list of ingredients so I could verify that I had no known allergy to the ingredients. Some will know beforehand if they are allergic.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    False. That's like saying that a bar asking for ID is assuming someone is guilty of trying to drink underage. Same with showing a passport, or a license, or a ticket to a game. That argument is utterly lame.
    You clearly didn't read his response and had some ignorant knee-jerk reaction to what you wished I meant. According to Micawber, the allergic person wouldn't go to the gulag, they would go to the leper colony. Locking them up regardless of the why of things is locking up the innocent.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Prove You're Vaccinated: Bars, Restaurants Move Toward Vaccine Requirement (msn.com)

It's a prove you are a REAL American test.

As COVID-19 cases surge in California, many bars and restaurants outside of San Diego are requiring patrons to prove they have been vaccinated prior to being allowed inside.
    but no need to prove your a citixen and can vote

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Wolverine (07-27-2021)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You clearly didn't read his response and had some ignorant knee-jerk reaction to what you wished I meant. According to Micawber, the allergic person wouldn't go to the gulag, they would go to the leper colony. Locking them up regardless of the why of things is locking up the innocent.
    Yep, I feel bad for those people. But they are a small minority. They have to do things NOW that the rest of us don't have to do. So it was a red herring that was intended to distract from the question at hand. Own what you do instead of pulling the passive aggressive bullshit you are so good at.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The medical system recognized that those receiving shots would have an advantage in access and freedom. They gave you a card showing what shot you got and when. Then they provided free lamination. Why anyone would be stupid enough to go through the trouble and expense of getting a fake card is hard to understand. Real protection from the Trump virus is free.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021)

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol. Why do you ask?
    Why don't you answer? It's a pretty tame question, and it informs your position.

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why don't you answer? It's a pretty tame question, and it informs your position.
    It doesn't really. My other responses in this thread should tell you that I have indeed received the vaccination. Also it has been well covered on this site as to the why, etc. I got the vaccine nice and early, I volunteered to be a test subject.

None of this changes my position as to the right of folks to make those decisions for themselves. I also included that the businesses have a right to protect themselves... I'm not sure what your point is, other than you really wish I had some specific opinion that you assumed I have.

I'm sorry if I don't fit nicely into one of your boxes.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It doesn't really. My other responses in this thread should tell you that I have indeed received the vaccination. Also it has been well covered on this site as to the why, etc. I got the vaccine nice and early, I volunteered to be a test subject.

None of this changes my position as to the right of folks to make those decisions for themselves. I also included that the businesses have a right to protect themselves... I'm not sure what your point is, other than you really wish I had some specific opinion that you assumed I have.

I'm sorry if I don't fit nicely into one of your boxes.
    My point is that you constantly try to distract, I suppose because you think it makes you seem clever. It doesn't. You appear incapable of making an affirmative statement without qualifying it. Watch and learn.

Businesses have every right to refuse service to unvaccinated individuals. Period. Full stop. See how easy that was?

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My point is that you constantly try to distract, I suppose because you think it makes you seem clever. It doesn't. You appear incapable of making an affirmative statement without qualifying it. Watch and learn.

Businesses have every right to refuse service to unvaccinated individuals. Period. Full stop. See how easy that was?
    In my first post in this thread I stated that simply as well.

In fact the sentence was: They have a right to protect themslves.

I first told you where I stood before I started asking questions to find out exactly where someone else stood.

Wherein I found that Micawber specifically was so afraid of "the unvaccinated" even somebody with what he would believe to be a "valid reason" not to be vaccinated should be equally "punished" for not complying, just calling the punishment he wanted (gulag or leper colony) by different names. I then was clear again where I said I found it interesting. I did. I still do. At this point, in this response, you are still blathering on about my assumed opinion without regard to what was said.

Now that you have had some clarity through my responses, do you still think I have some opinion that you assumed I had?
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Those cases are quite rare.

People could also be required to show a recent negative test result.

We have to think of the future and the good of the many.

This thing will continue to evolve new variants.

It could become more lethal.

We have an undetermined time window to wipe it out. We have to get control of it ASAP.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.