Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and jakemax

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Panic grips the unvaccinated

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,098 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Can you link to the real numbers? Guess not, huh?
    What real numbers? He's not claiming any numbers! Attempted force of negative proof fallacy.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Grumpy (08-01-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    In the past ten days, there has been a modest uptick in the number of people getting vaccinated -- about a 29 percent increase from July 20 to July 30.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...t&country=~USA
    Random numbers are not data. Argument from randU fallacy.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    AssHatZombie
    Mind Pretzel Biting Fly

This message is hidden because AssHatZombie is on your ignore list.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This Delta variant is getting people's attention as even the young and healthy are getting hospitalized
    There is no such thing as a 'delta variant'. You can't have a variant of a variant.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

In the past ten days, there has been a modest uptick in the number of people getting vaccinated -- about a 29 percent increase from July 20 to July 30.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...t&country=~USA
    Great Site!

Thanks for posting that one.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (08-01-2021)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The dirty little secret has always been that anyone who is healthy has little to fear from the CCP bug. ...
    So what?

Just write off the unhealthy?

Their fault for not being healthy?

That's as cold as blaming the poor for being born into a world of cross-generational poverty.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The dirty little secret has always been that anyone who is healthy has little to fear from the CCP bug. But it’s literally been a case of information warfare by the left and the many parties *that have an interest* in the pandemic.

Even now, as we enter into another case-edemic, the media is scouring the hospitals and looking for the first full ICU. For some odd reason, they never report that there’s hardly anything unusual about a full ICU. In fact, hospitals TRY to keep them running at near capacity otherwise they are paying their critical care people $45/hour to sit around the coffee pot.

Every scary anecdote gets put into print. Notably, there are scary vaccine anecdotes out there too, but somehow they get missed. The good news is people are waking up to it. Notice that Biden ‘test-ballooned’ another lockdown but it was quickly shot down. If democrats try that there’s going to be a rebellion. Actually, the rebellion may be limited to blue states because red states would just ignore it.

Healthy and *rational* individuals make a up a large segment of the vaccine hesitant because they understand statistics and probability. That little secret has to stay covered so the talking point is that it’s ‘ignorant Trumpers’ fault.

The Covid jig is up or nearly up, imo. If democrats want to be the party of masks and forever Covid, Republicans should stay out of their way. Assuming they are smart enough to.
    Democrats are taking the most logical steps to combat the pandemic. It is the recalcitrance of the unvaccinated and Republicans which is extending the war on COVID.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

And that, in one sentence, sums up the state of the Republican party. Don't believe the scientists and the public health officials. Believe doctors who think aliens are impregnating humans, failed game show hosts and Fox talking heads. Thank you for the full confession. You are the party of voodoo, superstition, conspiracy theories, alien babies and ballot eating chickens. You must be so proud.
    You post such lame crap in a cheap attempt to make yourself look smart ... yo momma gits mo an mo proud ever day

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

So what?

Just write off the unhealthy?

Their fault for not being healthy?

That's as cold as blaming the poor for being born into a world of cross-generational poverty.
    please, write us off. you're not a do-gooder, you're a do-badder.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Democrats are taking the most logical steps to combat the pandemic. It is the recalcitrance of the unvaccinated and Republicans which is extending the war on COVID.
    you're good at regurgitating a simplistic narrative, too bad it's all lies.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    What real numbers? He's not claiming any numbers! Attempted force of negative proof fallacy.
    Well stated

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

Into the Night (08-01-2021)

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is a small segment of the Trump cult that has decided grape koolaid doesn't taste all that great. Sadly, it's probably too little too late for many of them. It's good news. But......
    characterizing vaccine hesitantcy as a "trump thing" just shows how stupid and propagandized you are.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Into the Night (08-01-2021)

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The problem for hold-outs finally having their own 'come-to-science moment' is the speed at which the Delta Surge is coming on vs the delay in achieving the full immunity effects of the vaccines. The most efficacious vaccines require two doses several weeks apart, followed by a duration of another two weeks before maximum immunity effect is achieved.

The Delta Variant is coming on strong now, but vaccinations sought now are not fully ready to protect the newly vaccinated until sometime in September.

Best not delay ANY MORE.

And by all means, take all precautions with tight fitting N95 masks and maximum distancing immediately.

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have two friends (husband-wife) who recently have breakout Covid infection. They think they got it in spin class.
    I can see that, probably a small room with a fan and a dozen people huffing and puffing. Not wise.
    I guess they thought they had vaccine invincibility. It's easy to think that way when going from zero protection to 95%.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Concart (08-01-2021), PoliTalker (08-01-2021)

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    You post such lame crap in a cheap attempt to make yourself look smart ... yo momma gits mo an mo proud ever day
    Pointing out the ignorance of your statement doesn't make me smart. A six year old would have laughed at you.