Thread: Orlando area in 'crisis mode' as COVID-19 cases spike

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,845 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Orlando area in 'crisis mode' as COVID-19 cases spike

The mayor of Florida's Orange County, Jerry Demings, said Monday that that county, which includes Orlando, is "now in crisis mode" as COVID-19 cases surge the area.

Demings said at a press conference Monday that after a conference call with counties and hospitals within the region, "all of them were sounding their alarms," as they are seeing "alarming numbers of critically ill individuals entering their hospitals."

Demings noted that the positivity rate in the county for COVID-19 tests is now at 13.96 percent, which has drastically changed from the 4.28 percent reported a month earlier. The county is reportedly seeing nearly 1,000 new COVID-19 cases per day. The mayor called the numbers "extraordinary."

"Those are the numbers we saw at the highest peak last year," Demings said. "A thousand a day is extraordinary. We are now in crisis mode."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/or...ike/ar-AAMAqCY
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Cinnabar (07-26-2021), PoliTalker (07-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-26-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

AdventHealth had 862 COVID-19 patients hospitalized on Monday across the Central Florida division, near the peak of about 900 patients the health system saw in January.

Over 90% of AdventHealth’s hospitalized COVID-19 patients are unvaccinated, said Dr. Victor Herrera, chief medical officer of AdventHealth Orlando.

Orlando Health’s hospitals had 415 COVID-19 patients as of Monday, with 61 in the ICU, according to Dr. George Ralls, senior vice president and chief medical officer. The amount of ICU patients has doubled from last Wednesday, and the number of total patients has risen by over 100.

Ralls said around 90% of the Orlando Health’s COVID-19 patients are unvaccinated.
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...rrm-story.html

If anything like 10% of the hospitalizations are fully vaxxed then these experimental substances are failing even faster than I have been thinking.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The mayor of Florida's Orange County, Jerry Demings, said Monday that that county, which includes Orlando, is "now in crisis mode" as COVID-19 cases surge the area.

Demings said at a press conference Monday that after a conference call with counties and hospitals within the region, "all of them were sounding their alarms," as they are seeing "alarming numbers of critically ill individuals entering their hospitals."

Demings noted that the positivity rate in the county for COVID-19 tests is now at 13.96 percent, which has drastically changed from the 4.28 percent reported a month earlier. The county is reportedly seeing nearly 1,000 new COVID-19 cases per day. The mayor called the numbers "extraordinary."

"Those are the numbers we saw at the highest peak last year," Demings said. "A thousand a day is extraordinary. We are now in crisis mode."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/or...ike/ar-AAMAqCY
    Florida really needs better leadership.

It is unconscionable that their governor signed a law forbidding local governments from taking steps to prevent the spread of COVID deaths.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-26-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Man, it is just going to take a loooooonnnng time for people to get it on this one.

Future generations will look back on this period and genuinely wonder why the scientific community produced an end to this problem in record time, but "freedom lovers" refused to take part.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-26-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Man, it is just going to take a loooooonnnng time for people to get it on this one.

Future generations will look back on this period and genuinely wonder why the scientific community produced an end to this problem in record time, but "freedom lovers" refused to take part.
    Actually they will remember the failure of the Biden Administration in this matter. Just saying.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

This is the same scientific community that both was all in for gain of function research, which massively fucked humanity in just a few years, and then claimed that there is no chance that this bug was made in the lab....they lied.

It is a well earned lack of trust that is the problem, not the call to freedom.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Actually they will remember the failure of the Biden Administration in this matter. Just saying.
    What an utterly dumbass comment. smfh
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-26-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

didn't disneyworld ease up on the mask mandate for vaccinated people? but i'm betting you idiots are going to keep blaming the unvaxxed to keep up your bullshit narrative, aren't you?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...rrm-story.html

If anything like 10% of the hospitalizations are fully vaxxed then these experimental substances are failing even faster than I have been thinking.
    You flunked math too, huh sicko? Even if it was 10% (it's not), here's a little clue for you...... 10% is less than 90%.

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Maths-D...07757052&psc=1

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-26-2021)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    What an utterly dumbass comment. smfh
    Care to prove me wrong? Give it your best shot idiot.