Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The real reason Republicans want to sabotage the investigation into Jan. 6

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Default The real reason Republicans want to sabotage the investigation into Jan. 6

What Republicans really don’t want to see illuminated is not just what happened that awful day, but the forces that produced it — the same forces that still threaten the stability of our democracy.

That’s because they see those forces — the anger and hatred, the rejection of the American system of resolving differences, the celebration of violence as a means of achieving political ends, the way social media has become such a potent instrument to spread and organize extremism — not as problems to be solved but as resources for achieving their own political goals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...on-into-jan-6/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    What Republicans really don’t want to see illuminated is not just what happened that awful day, but the forces that produced it — the same forces that still threaten the stability of our democracy.

That’s because they see those forces — the anger and hatred, the rejection of the American system of resolving differences, the celebration of violence as a means of achieving political ends, the way social media has become such a potent instrument to spread and organize extremism — not as problems to be solved but as resources for achieving their own political goals.

they definitely fear these hearings.........and they're praying they don't do the same damage done by the lynching of Hillary with Benghazi bullshit

and no Trey Goudy or Gym Jordan there to muck up the proceedings with their childish fits of rage

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

no worries (07-27-2021), Phantasmal (07-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-27-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    they definitely fear these hearings.........and they're praying they don't do the same damage done by the lynching of Hillary with Benghazi bullshit

and no Trey Goudy or Gym Jordan there to muck up the proceedings with their childish fits of rage

The GOP is truly disgusting.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

The GOP is truly disgusting.
    Hitler was truly disgusting.

Today's GOP is on a lower level than that.

Keep in mind that the GOP is doing MUCH more damage to America than Hitler ever managed.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

no worries (07-27-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,930 Times in 13,197 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Given that the panel are Democrats looking for vengeance, we're going to get a lynching, not the truth or justice out of this charade. That Pelosi has Shitty Schiff running it means, like the impeachments it'll be biased, conspiracy based, delusional, and done largely in secret. Nobody will have their minds changed by the outcome.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Given that the panel are Democrats looking for vengeance, we're going to get a lynching, not the truth or justice out of this charade. That Pelosi has Shitty Schiff running it means, like the impeachments it'll be biased, conspiracy based, delusional, and done largely in secret. Nobody will have their minds changed by the outcome.
    You are a lying scumbag.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

opinion pieces are not facts. The number of times you liberals have told this to conservatives is tremendous, yet you try to push one???? talk about hypocrites
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Panel isn’t all Democrats, in fact, two of the most conservative Republican Representatives are on board, besides, the GOP got the exact nonpartisan committee they demanded to include subpoena powers and rejected it, so these claims of “bias” are irrelevant

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-27-2021)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

Keep in mind that the GOP is doing MUCH more damage to America than Hitler ever managed.
    Hyperbole and baloney…and disgusting besides.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Into the Night (07-26-2021)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Hyperbole and baloney…and disgusting besides.
    Sad isn’t it? Politics has never been a love fest. But we are well past simple policy disagreements and on to the desire to almost dehumanize each other. It’s not enough for me to disagree with you but I’m going to paint you as evil, desiring for your death and labeling you as worse than someone of the most heinous people in history.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anonymoose (07-26-2021), Into the Night (07-26-2021), leaningright (07-26-2021)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Sad isn’t it? Politics has never been a love fest. But we are well past simple policy disagreements and on to the desire to almost dehumanize each other. It’s not enough for me to disagree with you but I’m going to paint you as evil, desiring for your death and labeling you as worse than someone of the most heinous people in history.
    Maybe you should not be a jerkoff.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Exactly. Methinks the women doth protest too much.

What are they trying to hide? We've heard the far right say exactly that regarding all these re-audits. Where's the reciprocity?
    You far right morons go do your audits and we'll take care of the Capitol Riot Investigation so America can find the truth in both.

The right has a helluva lot more to lose. And they know it. That's why the RepubliQans are shitting Pine cones. I can't wait for the investigation to start. Heads are gonna roll all over like Jeffrey Dahmer's basement. I'm bringing popcorn.
    Last edited by Joe Capitalist; 07-26-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-27-2021)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

Lol, wow just wow.
    So the Holocaust wasn't as bad as Trump!!??
    Hmm..

Lucy you got some splainin to do.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    Exactly. Methinks the women doth property too much.

What are they trying to hide? We've heard the far right say exactly that regarding all these re-audits. Where's the reciprocity?
    You far right morons go do your audits and we'll take care of the Capitol Riot Investigation so America can find the truth in both.

The right has a helluva lot more to lose. And they know it. That's why the RepubliQans are shitting Pine cones. I can't wait for the investigation to start. Heads are gonna roll all over like Jeffrey Dahmer's basement. I'm bringing popcorn.

Why didn't President Trump immediately call the National Guard in?

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Why didn't President Trump immediately call the National Guard in?
    Dang Spell-check: property=protest

The investigation will find that out. That's why the RepubliQans are so fucking afraid the investigation will go forward. They'll subpoena RepubliQan members of Congress and they'll have to answer questions about Jan 6 under oath.

Can't wait. Bring popcorn.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”