Thread: The Stupid Is Killing Us

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To me it’s human psychology. Having people on the left screaming and yelling and calling names to those on the right who haven’t gotten vaccinated probably isn’t going to move the needle. In fact it likely makes them dig in even more to not want to do it. So while I’m sure it feels good to say to them I hope you die and you’re unpatriotic and you’re stupid etc. it’s not going to win people over to what you want done.

It’s why they say they want local leaders in the black community reaching out to get people to overcome their hesitation to get vaccinated. If someone is going to change the mind of people on the right it’s going to come from people on the right.
    Then it’s up to Republicans to convince the faithful and they are doing the exact opposite. Again I’m all ears but there doesn’t appear to be any desire by Republicans and certainly not by their leader to do what needs to be done. Where are these Republicans? Nowhere to be seen except when they are bashing the experts like Desantis is doing. So I don’t see any answer. And I am angry about it. I should be. Vote them out. Yep. It will be way too late.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    They are the vast majority. That is simply a fact. It’s supported by every single metric. I think there are ways to reach the vaccine hesitant. I do not know how to reach the vaccine defiant. And based on the numbers I calculate that there are somewhere around 30 million adult Republicans most under 40 who are defiant and that group is by far the largest unvaccinated demographic. If they continue to refuse we are screwed. I don’t see how we reach them. They think trump won. What are we supposed to do? I got nothing. Saying other groups are hesitant doesn’t fix by far the biggest problem.
    No, that is NOT a "simple fact". You have to stop letting fear and those who exploit it guide you. Yes, people are dying from a new virus....but it is NOT the black death, as less than 1% of the population have actually died from this. What you see is bad science.....confining people in doors in community bldgs. spreads any type of virus like wildfire...anyone who spent their college years in a dorm knows this. Then there is NO suggestions or guide lines to treat initial symptoms at home...only a grudging admittance that the Chinese found Vitamin C to be helpful..... instead, you're just to see if you get worse, then go the hospital to see if you get the point of going to the ICU. And the topper is that the PRC is NOT an accurate measurement for infection...hell, it wasn't designed to that! The man who invented the test said so for decades prior to his death.

The politicization, anti-gov't types, etc., is like a coup of panicky chickens going in every direction. People need to stop and think.....check out my thread "Covid Follies #16".
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-29-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    No, that is NOT a "simple fact". You have to stop letting fear and those who exploit it guide you. Yes, people are dying from a new virus....but it is NOT the black death, as less than 1% of the population have actually died from this. What you see is bad science.....confining people in doors in community bldgs. spreads any type of virus like wildfire...anyone who spent their college years in a dorm knows this. Then there is NO suggestions or guide lines to treat initial symptoms at home...only a grudging admittance that the Chinese found Vitamin C to be helpful..... instead, you're just to see if you get worse, then go the hospital to see if you get the point of going to the ICU. And the topper is that the PRC is NOT an accurate measurement for infection...hell, it wasn't designed to that! The man who invented the test said so for decades prior to his death.

The politicization, anti-gov't types, etc., is like a coup of panicky chickens going in every direction. People need to stop and think.....check out my thread "Covid Follies #16".
    Yes it is a fact. Are you going to reject math now? Lol at you. You anti vaxxers are insane. So will three and a half million dead Americans get your attention or no? That’s what it will take to get you to take this seriously? In fucking believable.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Odd.

It was just about a year ago these same yahoos were saying a vaccine would never be ready by the end of the year, and if it was it wouldn't be safe.

Now they mock us for agreeing with them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taft2016 For This Post:

WalterWilson (07-25-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Then it’s up to Republicans to convince the faithful and they are doing the exact opposite. Again I’m all ears but there doesn’t appear to be any desire by Republicans and certainly not by their leader to do what needs to be done. Where are these Republicans? Nowhere to be seen except when they are bashing the experts like Desantis is doing. So I don’t see any answer. And I am angry about it. I should be. Vote them out. Yep. It will be way too late.
    Many a Republican Governor and leaders have said people should get vaccinated. Ultimately people are going to make their choice regardless of what others say. You’re free to want to vote them out but that isn’t going to change peoples idea about getting vaccinated.

And I know you want to focus on only Republicans but the fact is there are large numbers of Democrats who aren’t vaccinated as well. What approach should be used on them? (I’m asking in the context of finding successful methods)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Which is why we soundly voted out #TheTangerineTyrant. You're welcome.
    Good. Then why are lefties still complaining about him? It’s irrational.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

They are the vast majority. That is simply a fact. It’s supported by every single metric. I think there are ways to reach the vaccine hesitant. I do not know how to reach the vaccine defiant. And based on the numbers I calculate that there are somewhere around 30 million adult Republicans most under 40 who are defiant and that group is by far the largest unvaccinated demographic. If they continue to refuse we are screwed. I don’t see how we reach them. They think trump won. What are we supposed to do? I got nothing. Saying other groups are hesitant doesn’t fix by far the biggest problem.
    Poor cawacko. I don't envy his self appointed mission. "Trying to make a bunch of retarded apoplectic treasonous anti-vax lemmings
    look OK." Tough job and he's just the man for it. That ship sailed. They are fucking nutso, ALL of them.

Cawacko wants to prove he's sane? Leave that fucking party. That's the only thing that helps.
    Ever heard cawacky attack his right flank? Didn't think so.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post
    Odd.

It was just about a year ago these same yahoos were saying a vaccine would never be ready by the end of the year, and if it was it wouldn't be safe.

Yes you are odd. Never happened, dumbo.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Many a Republican Governor and leaders have said people should get vaccinated. Ultimately people are going to make their choice regardless of what others say. You’re free to want to vote them out but that isn’t going to change peoples idea about getting vaccinated.

And I know you want to focus on only Republicans but the fact is there are large numbers of Democrats who aren’t vaccinated as well. What approach should be used on them? (I’m asking in the context of finding successful methods)
    So did Trump. And then said 'but I understand that you don't trust Biden'. And DeSantis, who followed it up by selling anti-Fauci merchandise. So no, they are NOT doing their job. I don't want to hear about 'but Democrats too'. There is a huge crossover between Democrats and members of the black community. By and large, that is where the resistance among Democrats comes from. And Democratic vaccination rates are THIRTY FOUR POINTS HIGHER than Republicans, so it is simply a red herring to ask about Democrats. There are two groups that need to be encouraged to get the vaccine. The black community, and Republicans. That represents easily 75% of the unvaccinated adults in this country. Maybe more. The math is pretty simple. 60% of blacks are vaccinated, so 40% are not. Adult blacks number about 32 million, so we can assume that unvaccinated black adults number 12.8 million. Using the numbers from the 2020 election as a yardstick, there are about 107 million adult Democrats. With a vaccination rate of 86%, that means there are about 15 million unvaccinated Democrats. Logically, we can assume a significant majority of those are black adults. So the 'Democrat problem' you raise is actually a black hesitancy problem. Now let's move to Republicans. 52% are vaccinated. Based on the 2020 results again, there are about 97 million adult Republicans. That means there are FORTY SIX MILLION Adult Republicans who are unvaccinated, most of them white, under 40 and uneducated. Now, let's get real. Where is the problem? It's those two segments of the population, blacks and Republicans, and the Republican problem represents 75% of those two groups. So let's focus on where the problem is. If you think Republican leaders are doing the right thing, you have not been paying attention.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-25-2021)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Poor cawacko. I don't envy his self appointed mission. "Trying to make a bunch of retarded apoplectic treasonous anti-vax lemmings
    look OK." Tough job and he's just the man for it. That ship sailed. They are fucking nutso, ALL of them.

Cawacko wants to prove he's sane? Leave that fucking party. That's the only thing that helps.
    Ever heard cawacky attack his right flank? Didn't think so.
    He deserves a big amount of credit for trying to logically look at the problem. I just don't think he's realistic about where the problem lies. The numbers are clear though.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Good. Then why are lefties still complaining about him? It’s irrational.
    Because he continues to influence a wide swath of the voters, who actually believe the bullshit he slings. That make him incredibly dangerous. He remains the single biggest threat to Democracy. Not a chance I will ignore him. They aren't.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-25-2021)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post
    Odd.

No one ever said that. Just another right wing Trumptard lie.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He deserves a big amount of credit for trying to logically look at the problem. I just don't think he's realistic about where the problem lies. The numbers are clear though.
    He deserves a big amount of credit for convincingly pretending to logically look at the problem. Note the distinction. Side with you, he will not, not now, never.
    Last edited by Micawber; 07-25-2021 at 07:02 PM.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So did Trump. And then said 'but I understand that you don't trust Biden'. And DeSantis, who followed it up by selling anti-Fauci merchandise. So no, they are NOT doing their job. I don't want to hear about 'but Democrats too'. There is a huge crossover between Democrats and members of the black community. By and large, that is where the resistance among Democrats comes from. And Democratic vaccination rates are THIRTY FOUR POINTS HIGHER than Republicans, so it is simply a red herring to ask about Democrats. There are two groups that need to be encouraged to get the vaccine. The black community, and Republicans. That represents easily 75% of the unvaccinated adults in this country. Maybe more. The math is pretty simple. 60% of blacks are vaccinated, so 40% are not. Adult blacks number about 32 million, so we can assume that unvaccinated black adults number 12.8 million. Using the numbers from the 2020 election as a yardstick, there are about 107 million adult Democrats. With a vaccination rate of 86%, that means there are about 15 million unvaccinated Democrats. Logically, we can assume a significant majority of those are black adults. So the 'Democrat problem' you raise is actually a black hesitancy problem. Now let's move to Republicans. 52% are vaccinated. Based on the 2020 results again, there are about 97 million adult Republicans. That means there are FORTY SIX MILLION Adult Republicans who are unvaccinated, most of them white, under 40 and uneducated. Now, let's get real. Where is the problem? It's those two segments of the population, blacks and Republicans, and the Republican problem represents 75% of those two groups. So let's focus on where the problem is. If you think Republican leaders are doing the right thing, you have not been paying attention.
    And blacks at least have Tuskeegee to point out for a measure of distrust. These repukes have nothing but fealty to anti liberal hate which has been artfully fused
    to concepts of intelligentsia and expertise, and hell... even doctors somehow. Whites have no excuse for the irrationality. The US government does not attack them.
    This is the biggest PR coup since Starbucks convinced the US to pay $5 for a coffee.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    He deserves a big amount of credit for convincingly pretending to logically look at the problem. Note the distinction.
    I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's the closest thing they have to the voice of reason. I'd much prefer a political board where he is considered far right. Then we could go at it in the appropriate manner.