Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Americans fight for things we value. Is diversity valued as America gets darker?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    20,779
    Thanks
    67,186
    Thanked 10,869 Times in 6,916 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 1,192 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Americans fight for things we value. Is diversity valued as America gets darker?

    James Baldwin suggested, "Ignorance allied with power is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."


    Jan. 6 is yet just another example of American extremism. While the world is watching how the events of the successionist siege unfold and calling us hypocrites, one-half of our national leadership remains silent on this seminal issue that has impacted and imperiled our fragile democracy.

    Over the last 150 years, our country has experienced similar nationwide terroristic acts. The country struggled to unite during reconstruction, Jim Crow, the 1960s Civil Rights movement, and the Obama and Trump presidencies.

    Where are the profiles in courage? Here we are six months after the events of Jan. 6, and there are sitting U.S. congressional leaders who continue to remain silent. The evidence of that day is apparent, yet they continue to foster the BIG lie and run when confronted with questions. The election was not rigged, and they know it. Yet, many Republican congressional leaders continued to gaslight the American public by suggesting it was just a typical day on Capitol Hill.

    The facts are that an angry mob of extremists, upset about our presidential election results, attempted to circumvent the will of the American people by storming the U.S. Capitol. These facts are not in dispute.

    It is equally disturbing that a political party that backs law enforcement would refuse to meet with the very officers who protected their lives on that day. Six members voted against legislation to give the very officers whose heroic acts save their lives a Congressional Medal of Honor. Still, nothing to say about the Confederate flag that was paraded through the rotunda. The mendacity.

    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/opin...ca/7971239002/
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white



    ברוך השם

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to guno For This Post:

    PoliTalker (07-25-2021)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    51,633
    Thanks
    85,500
    Thanked 41,796 Times in 26,645 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,038 Times in 3,788 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Power and wealth matter more to the QOP than integrity and country.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” -- Mark Twain

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    guno (07-27-2021), signalmankenneth (07-25-2021)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,559
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 4,627 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 239 Times in 218 Posts

    Default

    Diversity for the sake of diversity is divisive and a waste of time.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,595
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 448 Times in 398 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Value is subjective. Those who stormed the capitol value government of the people. Those who did not storm the capitol value their own safety. They would never risk injury for dignity. America was built on risk and revolt. This will become clear in our lifetime.

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,392
    Thanks
    19,195
    Thanked 14,875 Times in 10,208 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,242 Times in 4,547 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hello guno,

    Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    James Baldwin suggested, "Ignorance allied with power is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."


    Jan. 6 is yet just another example of American extremism. While the world is watching how the events of the successionist siege unfold and calling us hypocrites, one-half of our national leadership remains silent on this seminal issue that has impacted and imperiled our fragile democracy.

    Over the last 150 years, our country has experienced similar nationwide terroristic acts. The country struggled to unite during reconstruction, Jim Crow, the 1960s Civil Rights movement, and the Obama and Trump presidencies.

    Where are the profiles in courage? Here we are six months after the events of Jan. 6, and there are sitting U.S. congressional leaders who continue to remain silent. The evidence of that day is apparent, yet they continue to foster the BIG lie and run when confronted with questions. The election was not rigged, and they know it. Yet, many Republican congressional leaders continued to gaslight the American public by suggesting it was just a typical day on Capitol Hill.

    The facts are that an angry mob of extremists, upset about our presidential election results, attempted to circumvent the will of the American people by storming the U.S. Capitol. These facts are not in dispute.

    It is equally disturbing that a political party that backs law enforcement would refuse to meet with the very officers who protected their lives on that day. Six members voted against legislation to give the very officers whose heroic acts save their lives a Congressional Medal of Honor. Still, nothing to say about the Confederate flag that was paraded through the rotunda. The mendacity.

    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/opin...ca/7971239002/
    Unfortunately, those facts are in dispute. Cultists deny the facts.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

    guno (07-27-2021)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,773
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,868 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    James Baldwin suggested, "Ignorance allied with power is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."
    Good description of fascism.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    guno (07-27-2021)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15,773
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,868 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Value is subjective. Those who stormed the capitol value government of the people. Those who did not storm the capitol value their own safety. They would never risk injury for dignity. America was built on risk and revolt. This will become clear in our lifetime.
    They were traitors.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    guno (07-27-2021)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    James Baldwin suggested, "Ignorance allied with power is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."


    Jan. 6 is yet just another example of American extremism. While the world is watching how the events of the successionist siege unfold and calling us hypocrites, one-half of our national leadership remains silent on this seminal issue that has impacted and imperiled our fragile democracy.

    Over the last 150 years, our country has experienced similar nationwide terroristic acts. The country struggled to unite during reconstruction, Jim Crow, the 1960s Civil Rights movement, and the Obama and Trump presidencies.

    Where are the profiles in courage? Here we are six months after the events of Jan. 6, and there are sitting U.S. congressional leaders who continue to remain silent. The evidence of that day is apparent, yet they continue to foster the BIG lie and run when confronted with questions. The election was not rigged, and they know it. Yet, many Republican congressional leaders continued to gaslight the American public by suggesting it was just a typical day on Capitol Hill.

    The facts are that an angry mob of extremists, upset about our presidential election results, attempted to circumvent the will of the American people by storming the U.S. Capitol. These facts are not in dispute.

    It is equally disturbing that a political party that backs law enforcement would refuse to meet with the very officers who protected their lives on that day. Six members voted against legislation to give the very officers whose heroic acts save their lives a Congressional Medal of Honor. Still, nothing to say about the Confederate flag that was paraded through the rotunda. The mendacity.

    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/opin...ca/7971239002/
    Most, if not all, of the men who stormed the Capitol were WHITE MEN, and WHITE men are the OPPRESSED ones in America today, while the blacks are the PRIVILEDGED. And it doesn't matter if the white men are Democrat or Republican, the blacks consider ALL OF THEM their enemies.

    Though it was a stupid thing for that group to do on 1-6, I can understand why they did it. And Trump's loss was just one of those reasons.
    Watching the statues of white Americans being torn down.....Watching the BLM devils rioting and looting without suffering the consequences.......The constant attacks and false accusations of "racism" against white Americans........Calls for defunding the police......These could have all played a part in their anger.

    After all the sentences have been passed down to the rioters who stormed the Capitol, there will still be a war going on against America's white males.

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    36,313
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 15,792 Times in 11,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,326
    Groaned 3,561 Times in 3,309 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Value is subjective. Those who stormed the capitol value government of the people. Those who did not storm the capitol value their own safety. They would never risk injury for dignity. America was built on risk and revolt. This will become clear in our lifetime.
    Wow, one of those. Did you storm? Were you tracked down and arrested for trying to overthrow the government? The insurrectionists were doing work for a despot and what Putin loved, There was no Americanism of patriotism in the capitol bldg that day. It was a very dark day for America.

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,595
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 448 Times in 398 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Wow, one of those. Did you storm? Were you tracked down and arrested for trying to overthrow the government? The insurrectionists were doing work for a despot and what Putin loved, There was no Americanism of patriotism in the capitol bldg that day. It was a very dark day for America.
    Do you value diversity? Do you value anything besides your conjecture? There's a deeper root cause to the insurgence than Trump. A lot of the people who stormed the capitol are long-term unemployed. Many of us haven't fully recovered from the 2008 economic collapse when we were hit with another economic collapse. There's only so much people can take before they revolt.

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    7,265
    Thanks
    1,458
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 2,110 Posts
    Groans
    248
    Groaned 377 Times in 364 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Value is subjective. Those who stormed the capitol value government of the people. Those who did not storm the capitol value their own safety. They would never risk injury for dignity. America was built on risk and revolt. This will become clear in our lifetime.
    fuck you, punk. asshole traitor trump got his ass kicked by 8 million votes. we the people decided who wins, not stupid fuck pigs like you and trump and his supporters who are in the minority.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

    guno (07-27-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2019, 07:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2019, 05:50 PM
  3. 19 Odd Things About America That Americans Haven't Realised
    By Primavera in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 01:50 PM
  4. 10 Things Americans Don't Understand About America
    By Essence in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 08:01 AM
  5. 10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •