Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Algerian Olympian withdraws from Games due to potential matchup with Israeli competit

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to take time out of your pointless life to create a post that I never wrote, but I never said I'm gay.

Cool story, bro.

Fucking chump.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    You're a totally deluded liar, maggot- with comprehension difficulties- but I appreciate that lying is your default position when your useless existence is challenged.
    Still, don't let me interfere while you attempt to dog-whistle your dregs.

Haw, haw..................................haw.
    So what the fuck does this mean then?

I applaud the method of drawing attention to the plight of the occupied and vilified Palestinians-

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-25-2021)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I've just followed up on maggot's lies. Most of the hostages of the Munich massacre were inadvertently killed by the ' rescuers ' and no ' castrations ' took place at all. Prosemitic falsehoods by a serial liar and racist. The hostage-takers wanted the release of hundreds of tortured Palestinians from Izrael's dungeons and named their operation after the villages razed by the Jewish terror groups, Irgun, Lehi and Haganah. The Palestinians never started the hostilities with the invading European Zionists and all their actions have been in response to Izraeli atrocities- including the Munich hostage-taking.
    Still- that was in 1972. Today, as a result of continued Palestinian resistance, the United Nations and 138 countries recognize the Palestinian state. Today's Neo-Zionists are as brutal as the Nazis who persecuted their grandparents.
    Is there any point when you realise that you're wrong Moonshi'ite? The castration of weightlifter Yossef Romano was 100% factual and your attempt to deny it is truly fucking pathetic. Even your erstwhile supporters are standing back, no doubt horrified by your defence of the indefensible.

Ten days into the Games, on September 5, 1972, under the cloak of darkness, the terrorists stormed the Israeli team's quarters at 4:30 a.m., having been helped over a wire fence by athletes sneaking in after a night out who mistook them for fellow Olympians.

Upon breaching the Israeli dorm, wrestling coach Moshe Weinberg and weightlifter Yossef Romano were killed almost immediately. Horrifyingly, Romano, according to the Associated Press, was castrated and Weinberg’s body was thrown to the street. Some escaped, but nine Israelis were quickly taken hostage, including weightlifters David Berger, who was born in America, and Ze’ev Friedman, wrestlers Eliezer Halfin and Mark Slavin, track and field coach Amitzur Shapira, sharpshooting coach Kehat Shorr, fencer Andre Spitzer, weightlifting judge Yakov Springer and wrestling referee Yossef Gutfreund.

A 9 a.m. deadline was set for the terrorists’ political prisoner release demands—not meeting it, they said, would result in one hostage being executed every hour.
    https://www.history.com/topics/1970s...sacre-olympics

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    In every sense. What parallel universe is there where Algeria is better than Israel in any respect?
    This one. The one where Algeria refused to compete with an Israeli.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    In every sense. What parallel universe is there where Algeria is better than Israel in any respect?
    Algeria is largest land mass of the Maghreb?? lol..beats me

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-25-2021), Minister of Truth (07-25-2021)

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    "It is not the first time that Nourine has withdrawn from competition to avoid facing an Israeli opponent. He pulled out of the 2019 world championships in Tokyo for the same reason.

"Other athletes from countries who do not recognize Israel have previously withdrawn from competing in sports against Israeli opponents."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/24/sport...ntl/index.html

I can't offhand calculate the odds of the Algerian contestant facing the Israeli contestant, but they would seem decent to me. So I think it is incredibly selfish of an athlete to take an Olympic slot, to pledge to represent his country, and then to quit.

The political situation of Israel is a different issue, but this man should not be allowed to professionally compete anymore.
    You make a valid point re. taking a spot from someone else. People train all of their lives for this. Barely missing a spot on the team is a grave disappointment.

If he has an issue with Israel, he could always make a statement if the matchup occurs. It's freekin judo. Beat the guy's ass, unless you're chicken.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Diesel (07-25-2021)

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Apparently. So why take one of your country's seats to the Olympics and then forfeit it? Why not just boycott the Olympics because they let Israel participate? I'm disappointed that he quit. Most people do not like quitters.
    If it's swimming, I almost see the guy's point. Notwithstanding the issue of taking a slot.

It's hand to hand combat. Take out your frustrations on the guy if you draw him.

I think he was just afraid of losing.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    The outcry if an American refused to go up against a Muslim from Iran
    Given that in your analogy we are Israel, and Iran is Algeria...I have to call a major swing and a miss.

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Is there any point when you realise that you're wrong Moonshi'ite? The castration of weightlifter Yossef Romano was 100% factual and your attempt to deny it is truly fucking pathetic. Even your erstwhile supporters are standing back, no doubt horrified by your defence of the indefensible.

https://www.history.com/topics/1970s...sacre-olympics

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Hmmm ... now let me see ...

Is the quitter making a political statement ???

Is the quitter making a religious statement ???

Is the quitter afraid of getting a can of DelMonte whup-ass poured over him ???

Since there is no difference between politics and religion in muzzieism ... it's gotta be that he is an outright COWARD.
    This one

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My take. If you're going to oppose Izraeli fascism, racism and criminality - which we all should- then you should boycott all things Izraeli, trade, academia, sports, whatever. Like the sanctions that the US imposes left, right and center around the world ( but not in Izrael ) the reasoning is that this will generate change from within. In a fair and just world the Olympic Committee wouldn't have entertained any Izraeli entries and athletes would not be put in the position of this competitor . He has refused to sacrifice his moral judgement. So should we all. While the world is watching Izraelis perform in Tokyo, back in Palestine they are killing Palestinians, shooting them with live fire, throwing stun-grenades into their places of worship, burning their crops, spraying sewage into their homes. The only visible punishment we see for these atrocities is a denial of Ben&Jerry's ice-cream service.
    In short, you're either with fascsim, racism and criminality or you're against. There isn't any middle ground, although moral cowards claim that there is.

All valid points. So qualify at home, and make a statement that you are boycotting the Olympics. If your nation isn't boycotting, then you can make a statement and allow a fellow teammate to go in your place.

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Kielbasa View Post
    Honestly Israel isn't Apartheid.
    It's a lot worse than that.
    It's more akin to ethnic cleansing Colonialism.
    I've went to Poland about fifteeen times in the 90's on business, whereas you've never been. One thing that struck me vividly was the blatant ant-Semitism at the time, seemingly that's the case even today at least amongst the Polish American diaspora.

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    You make a valid point re. taking a spot from someone else. People train all of their lives for this. Barely missing a spot on the team is a grave disappointment.

If he has an issue with Israel, he could always make a statement if the matchup occurs. It's freekin judo. Beat the guy's ass, unless you're chicken.
    That's what I'm saying! The guy is a beast and a world class athlete. He should have faced his competitor and fed him his ass. But he quit his entire country from the Olympics. Weak sauce.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Althea (07-25-2021)

19. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    If it's swimming, I almost see the guy's point. Notwithstanding the issue of taking a slot.

It's hand to hand combat. Take out your frustrations on the guy if you draw him.

I think he was just afraid of losing.
    I think he was making a political statement that has gotten a lot of attention. But he shouldn't be allowed to professionally compete anymore. A quitter doesn't belong in real championships.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Althea (07-25-2021)