Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conservative Radio Host Phil Valentine Hospitalized With COVID Fighting for His Life

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Default Conservative Radio Host Phil Valentine Hospitalized With COVID Fighting for His Life

Conservative talk radio show host Phil Valentine has been hospitalized with COVID and is "fighting for his life," according to his family. After expressing concerns about COVID vaccines, he now plans to "vigorously advocate" for them, they said.

On Thursday, Phil Valentine's brother Mark Valentine released a statement on behalf of the family reading: "Phil contracted the Covid virus a little over a week ago & has since been hospitalized & is in very serious condition, suffering from Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects."

According to the statement, the Nashville, Tennessee, SuperTalk 99.7 WTN host was breathing with assistance in a critical care unit, but was not on a ventilator.

Phil Valentine, who hosts an eponymous show on SuperTalk 99.7 WTN, planned to "more vigorously advocate" for COVID vaccines when he recovered, the statement said.

"Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine,'" the statement read. It went on: "Please continue to pray for his recovery and PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!"
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (07-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (07-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thank God for the Darwin Effect. Right?
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (07-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (07-23-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A conservative talk radio host from Tennessee who had been a vaccine skeptic until he was hospitalized from COVID-19 now says his listeners should get vaccinated.

Phil Valentine's brother, Mark Valentine, spoke at length on WWTN-FM in Nashville on Thursday about his brother's condition, saying he is in a critical care unit on supplemental oxygen, but not on a ventilator. Phil Valentine has had an afternoon talk radio show on the station for years.

“First of all, he's regretful that he wasn't a more vocal advocate of the vaccination,” Mark Valentine said of his brother. “For those listening, I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ‘Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories.’"

Mark Valentine took exception to the idea that Phil Valentine was anti-vaccination, labeling him “pro-information” and “pro-choice” on the vaccine but adding, “he got this one wrong."

After Phil Valentine tested positive for COVID-19 but prior to his hospitalization, he told his listeners to consider, “If I get this COVID thing, do I have a chance of dying from it?” If so, he advised them to get vaccinated. He said he made the decision not to get vaccinated because he thought he probably wouldn't die.

Phil Valentine also said that he was “taking vitamin D like crazy” and had found a doctor who agreed to prescribe ivermectin, a drug used to treat parasites in animals. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration warns against taking ivermectin for COVID-19, advising that it is not an anti-viral drug and can be dangerous.

Mark Valentine said he got vaccinated against COVID-19 after his brother became ill. Realizing that he has a family he is responsible for, he said not getting vaccinated “is just a selfish position to have, and, absent any concrete evidence to the contrary in terms of side effects and negative effects of the vaccine, I have a duty to do that.”

Mark Valentine's comments came the same day Tennessee's Republican Gov. Bill Lee defended his administration’s firing of the state’s vaccination chief and rollback of outreach for childhood vaccines, both of which sparked national scrutiny over Tennessee’s inoculation efforts against COVID-19.

Former state vaccine chief Michelle Fiscus has repeatedly said she was terminated to appease some GOP lawmakers who were outraged over state outreach for COVID-19 vaccinations to minors. Some lawmakers even threatened to dissolve the Health Department over the marketing.

Tennessee continues to have some of the lowest vaccination rates in the country even as cases are rising. As of Thursday, 12,666 people in Tennessee had died from COVID-19.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (07-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (07-23-2021), Phantasmal (07-23-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-23-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A conservative talk radio host from Tennessee who had been a vaccine skeptic until he was hospitalized from COVID-19 now says his listeners should get vaccinated.

Phil Valentine's brother, Mark Valentine, spoke at length on WWTN-FM in Nashville on Thursday about his brother's condition, saying he is in a critical care unit on supplemental oxygen, but not on a ventilator. Phil Valentine has had an afternoon talk radio show on the station for years.

“First of all, he's regretful that he wasn't a more vocal advocate of the vaccination,” Mark Valentine said of his brother. “For those listening, I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ‘Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories.’"

Mark Valentine took exception to the idea that Phil Valentine was anti-vaccination, labeling him “pro-information” and “pro-choice” on the vaccine but adding, “he got this one wrong."

After Phil Valentine tested positive for COVID-19 but prior to his hospitalization, he told his listeners to consider, “If I get this COVID thing, do I have a chance of dying from it?” If so, he advised them to get vaccinated. He said he made the decision not to get vaccinated because he thought he probably wouldn't die.

Phil Valentine also said that he was “taking vitamin D like crazy” and had found a doctor who agreed to prescribe ivermectin, a drug used to treat parasites in animals. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration warns against taking ivermectin for COVID-19, advising that it is not an anti-viral drug and can be dangerous.

Mark Valentine said he got vaccinated against COVID-19 after his brother became ill. Realizing that he has a family he is responsible for, he said not getting vaccinated “is just a selfish position to have, and, absent any concrete evidence to the contrary in terms of side effects and negative effects of the vaccine, I have a duty to do that.”

Mark Valentine's comments came the same day Tennessee's Republican Gov. Bill Lee defended his administration’s firing of the state’s vaccination chief and rollback of outreach for childhood vaccines, both of which sparked national scrutiny over Tennessee’s inoculation efforts against COVID-19.

Former state vaccine chief Michelle Fiscus has repeatedly said she was terminated to appease some GOP lawmakers who were outraged over state outreach for COVID-19 vaccinations to minors. Some lawmakers even threatened to dissolve the Health Department over the marketing.

Tennessee continues to have some of the lowest vaccination rates in the country even as cases are rising. As of Thursday, 12,666 people in Tennessee had died from COVID-19.
    He was taking vitamin D and still became ill? How can this be? There’s a poster that says it’s a preventative measure!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-23-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    He was taking vitamin D and still became ill? How can this be? There’s a poster that says it’s a preventative measure!
    Ah yes, our very own Dr. Stench, who believes that only those with poor immune systems and/or "underlying conditions" -- even the little five-year-old in Georgia -- will die from it.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-23-2021), Phantasmal (07-23-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Ah yes, our very own Dr. Stench, who believes that only those with poor immune systems and/or "underlying conditions" -- even the little five-year-old in Georgia -- will die from it.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

He may die but at least he was not forced to get the vaccine that would have served his life. His family friends and workers may get it too. But they will understand.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (07-23-2021), Jack (07-23-2021)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope this Deadbeat isn't in the Hospital using Public Funds. That would be Communism.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-23-2021)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, at least no one treaded on his sacred right to be a fucking moron and a selfish asshole.

Bye!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-23-2021)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

I think all health insurance companies should drop coverage for anyone who doesn't get vaccinated.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (07-23-2021)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I think all health insurance companies should drop coverage for anyone who doesn't get vaccinated.
    That's actually not a bad idea. Or charge them higher rates, at least, like some do for current smokers.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

LV426 (07-26-2021)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's actually not a bad idea. Or charge them higher rates, at least, like some do for current smokers.
    That will probably happen once it’s approved beyond emergency use.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    That will probably happen once it’s approved beyond emergency use.
    This might be a good time to get cracking on that.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-23-2021)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope he dies. I hope all Republicans die. Evil stupid fuckers are a drag on civilization. Time to cut the anchor.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

LV426 (07-26-2021)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Yes...put them in their own high risk pool and have them pay 10x the premiums and deductibles.

And if they're on Medicare and refuse the shot? Well, they should lose their Medicare, then.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist