Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE FLINT COVER-UP and Wiped Phones

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default THE FLINT COVER-UP and Wiped Phones

Ex-Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder deserves to be hanged drawn and quartered for his role in this cover-up and dereliction of duty.

Investigators also discovered that phone data belonging to a key official close to Snyder was completely erased shortly before the Flint criminal investigation was launched.

https://theintercept.com/2021/07/21/...s-rick-snyder/
    Lengthy jaw dropping article and worth the read. I truly believe that the USA is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. A bottomless sewer of greed and inhumanity.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,747 Times in 33,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Ex-Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder deserves to be hanged drawn and quartered for his role in this cover-up and dereliction of duty.

Lengthy jaw dropping article and worth the read. I truly believe that the USA is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. A bottomless sewer of greed and inhumanity.
    Great article, thanks for posting it. It is jaw dropping. Unfortunately, I also agree with you about the state of our Union. There is so much corruption, greediness and inhumanity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cinnabar (07-23-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

I believe that this happened during the administration of President Donald J Trump ...

In February 2019 a team of researchers reported that Flint’s homes—even the ones at the highest risk for undrinkable, lead-poisoned tap water—finally had clean water running through their pipes.

... we are now two-and-a-half years after the fact. OK ... let the courts handle it.

Will you be as keen to continue to report hojo events by "I truly believe that the USA is one of the most corrupt countries in the world" ... ???

I find it simply amazing that you make a statement like that and have whatever it is as your avatar ... O Well.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I believe that this happened during the administration of President Donald J Trump ...

In February 2019 a team of researchers reported that Flint’s homes—even the ones at the highest risk for undrinkable, lead-poisoned tap water—finally had clean water running through their pipes.

... we are now two-and-a-half years after the fact. OK ... let the courts handle it.

Will you be as keen to continue to report hojo events by "I truly believe that the USA is one of the most corrupt countries in the world" ... ???

I find it simply amazing that you make a statement like that and have whatever it is as your avatar ... O Well.
    Can you name a state or branch of government that is not or has not been embroiled in some type of corruption or scandal at one time or another? I certainly cannot! And btw.. the money in politics in the USA is very fertile breeding ground for the crimes and corruption. The corporations are writing most of the legislation. Don't you realize that?
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 07-23-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    BLUEXIT

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Can you name a state or branch of government that is not or has not been embroiled in some type of corruption or scandal at one time or another? I certainly cannot! And btw.. the money in politics in the USA is very fertile breeding ground for the crimes and corruption. The corporations are writing most of the legislation. Don't you realize that?
    EXCELLENT POINT

My turn ...

Name ANY government at ANY point in history that has not been embroiled in some type of corruption or scandal at one time or another?

Now it's your turn again ...

Why do you truly believe that the USA is one of the most corrupt countries in the world when it is no different than ANYWHERE ELSE ???

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

what cover up.......they were already replacing the pipes when the national news "discovered" what had been in the news locally for months.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

You can blame that on our SCOTUS that decided that nothing matters more in American politics than money.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-23-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

EXCELLENT POINT

My turn ...

Name ANY government at ANY point in history that has not been embroiled in some type of corruption or scandal at one time or another?

Now it's your turn again ...

Why do you truly believe that the USA is one of the most corrupt countries in the world when it is no different than ANYWHERE ELSE ???
    You're too defensive about this. There are more reasons to both criticize and admire the US than can even be counted. Some of you strangely take it personally when someone says that American politics is corrupt or that the US has race relation problems.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    You can blame that on our SCOTUS that decided that nothing matters more in American politics than money.
    The so-called representatives don't seem to be complaining about becoming career politician millionaires.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...-millionaires/
    BLUEXIT

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're too defensive about this. There are more reasons to both criticize and admire the US than can even be counted. Some of you strangely take it personally when someone says that American politics is corrupt or that the US has race relation problems.
    You are in error ... I am not taking this personal. c made a statement and I asked a question.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The so-called representatives don't seem to be complaining about becoming career politician millionaires.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...-millionaires/
    No, but that's to be expected. Citizens United ended American democracy forever.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are in error ... I am not taking this personal. c made a statement and I asked a question.
    Your defensive whataboutism that all governments become embroiled in corruption scandals and that the US is no more corrupt than anywhere else indicates otherwise, but I could be wrong.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, but that's to be expected. Citizens United ended American democracy forever.
    Insider trading and bribes from corporate America are to be expected by people who are elected to represent the will of the people so you think that is acceptable. Okay. I don't.
    BLUEXIT

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

We are lost, and now crashing.

Buckle Up.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Insider trading and bribes from corporate America are to be expected by people who are elected to represent the will of the people so you think that is acceptable. Okay. I don't.
    Don't mischaracterize what I said. National politicians are not elected to represent the will of the people. They're elected to represent corporate interests and funnel money toward their causes and districts. They're elected to reinforce their political party's power. Insider trading and bribes are simply byproducts of a system that rewards corruption, rarely punishes misdeeds, and reelects the people who do those things 85-98% of the time.

What you misunderstood is that I didn't say insider trading and bribes are acceptable. I didn't say anything remotely close to that. What I said is that greed and corruption are to be expected from people who are never held accountable. I don't think all human nature is bad, but most assuredly, anyone selected for national office is more bad than good. Those people do exactly what they're installed to do because they get rewarded with money and prestige.