Thread: Slowhand will not do gigs where COVID vaccination is required

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    "Following the PM's announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show," Clapton said via statement posted onto architect, film producer and anti-vaxxer Robin Monotti Graziadei's Telegram account.

The news follows U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson's announcement Tuesday that as restrictions on social gatherings lift, nightclubs must require guests to show a Covid Pass from the U.K.'s National Health Service upon entry for everyone over the age of 18.

Clapton has been releasing anti-vaccination and anti-lockdown statements and songs for close to a year now. In December 2020, Clapton joined fellow classic rocker turned anti-vaxxer Van Morrison on his song, "Stand and Deliver." The song features lyrics including, "Do you wanna be a free man / Or do you wanna be a slave?" and "Dick Turpin wore a mask too."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/e...tions-n1274740

too much cocaine
    Than he can stay home.
    Lock Him Up

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Will he also be playing in support of not putting railing on high open windows so that young children will not fall out of them?
    Ouch

3. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-24-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,484 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Shame. Slowhand is still a great guitar player, however delusional
    Yes, he's a great blues player- let's be specific- but his stance on mandatory vaccinations is not the result of delusion. It would be delusional to claim that vaccination was useless - but not to state that he objects to his potential live audience being forced to choose between getting vaccinated or hearing him perform. He's removed that dilemma. It's not a solution- but then it isn't a delusion either.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

"Following the PM's announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show," Clapton said via statement posted onto architect, film producer and anti-vaxxer Robin Monotti Graziadei's Telegram account.

The news follows U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson's announcement Tuesday that as restrictions on social gatherings lift, nightclubs must require guests to show a Covid Pass from the U.K.'s National Health Service upon entry for everyone over the age of 18.

Clapton has been releasing anti-vaccination and anti-lockdown statements and songs for close to a year now. In December 2020, Clapton joined fellow classic rocker turned anti-vaxxer Van Morrison on his song, "Stand and Deliver." The song features lyrics including, "Do you wanna be a free man / Or do you wanna be a slave?" and "Dick Turpin wore a mask too."

too much cocaine
    he also has said england is for white people.......and all the blacks should leave.

https://people.com/music/eric-clapto...-van-morrison/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-24-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Will he also be playing in support of not putting railing on high open windows so that young children will not fall out of them?
    fuck you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    fuck you
    wah wah, cried trump bitch anatta!!

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why the fuck are you still here, Salty? You're also a dozy cunt but we all know that already. That apartment was not his, shit for brains. It belonged to Lory del Santo, Conor's mother and Silvio Sardi, it was the first time Clapton was going to take him out alone.

A janitor had been working on the windows in the living room but one was still open recounts Norman.
    “He called out to the nanny to watch the child, but before she could react, Conor dashed past her, jumped up on to the low window-ledge where he’d normally press his nose against the glass to gaze out – and disappeared,” he wrote.

Do you ever get anything right?

https://www.oversixty.com.au/enterta...n-died-in-1991

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,999 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Yes, he's a great blues player- let's be specific- but his stance on mandatory vaccinations is not the result of delusion. It would be delusional to claim that vaccination was useless - but not to state that he objects to his potential live audience being forced to choose between getting vaccinated or hearing him perform. He's removed that dilemma. It's not a solution- but then it isn't a delusion either.
    His 'stance' was that shutting down non essential gatherings was wrong. He believed that people should have been free to do whatever they want as a pandemic raged.

If he wanted to remedy the vaccination issue, he would play outdoor venues.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-24-2021)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Why the fuck are you still here, Salty? You're also a dozy cunt but we all know that already. That apartment was not his, shit for brains. It belonged to Lory del Santo, Conor's mother and Silvio Sardi, it was the first time Clapton was going to take him out alone.

A janitor had been working on the windows in the living room but one was still open recounts Norman.
    “He called out to the nanny to watch the child, but before she could react, Conor dashed past her, jumped up on to the low window-ledge where he’d normally press his nose against the glass to gaze out – and disappeared,” he wrote.

Do you ever get anything right?

https://www.oversixty.com.au/enterta...n-died-in-1991
    calm down, dickhead. he didn't say clapton was at fault, but it was a jab at his goddamn uncaring attitude about spreading a fucking deadly disease, as if it were, you dumbass clown. you know, satire, hyperbole, that kind of thing people do who graduated high school?

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

too much cocaine
    this is what heroes do.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    calm down, dickhead. he didn't say clapton was at fault, but it was a jab at his goddamn uncaring attitude about spreading a fucking deadly disease, as if it were, you dumbass clown. you know, satire, hyperbole, that kind of thing people do who graduated high school?
    shut your totalitarian pie hole.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    this is what heroes do.
    heroes to dumbfuck clowns like you. go fuck yourself.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    heroes to dumbfuck clowns like you. go fuck yourself.
    please stop being a nazi control freak. thank you.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-24-2021), PostmodernProphet (07-24-2021)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

too much cocaine
    Clapton also did not believe in child-proofing the 53rd floor of venues where his 4 year old kid was living. Guy is an a-hole.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

21. The Following User Groans At Cinnabar For This Awful Post:

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Clapton also did not believe in child-proofing the 53rd floor of venues where his 4 year old kid was living. Guy is an a-hole.
    Another stupid cunt, where the fuck do they all come from?

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...59#post4562959