Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Texas Senate Passes Bill Banning Educators From Teaching KKK as Morally Wrong"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Default "Texas Senate Passes Bill Banning Educators From Teaching KKK as Morally Wrong"

"Texas Senate Passes Bill Banning Educators From Teaching KKK as ‘Morally Wrong"

"Texas Republicans in the State Senate passed a bill that would eliminate the requirement that made public schools teach that the Ku Klux Klan and white supremacy were “morally wrong.”

"Senate Bill 3 blocks schools from teaching about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, work from United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragists movement"

https://bnc.tv/texas-senate-passes-b...morally-wrong/
    https://www.statesman.com/story/news...sm/8027707002/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-klan-n1274610
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1886815.html

If one has a hard time trying to understand how imbeciles as Louie Gohmert can elected to Congress look no further than Texas

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

one would think they understand the rubber band effect...........but no, too many people are too hateful........and don't bother coming at me with question about my support or not..........as far as i'm concerned, you're all so fucking wrong you have a space in hell reserved for you
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    one would think they understand the rubber band effect...........but no, too many people are too hateful........and don't bother coming at me with question about my support or not..........as far as i'm concerned, you're all so fucking wrong you have a space in hell reserved for you
    BEEN TO HELL AND BACK... DON'T LIKE YOUR MOMMAS COOKING

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    BEEN TO HELL AND BACK... DON'T LIKE YOUR MOMMAS COOKING
    you must be from the northeast. no appreciation for good food......

seriously, sit down, junior
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you must be from the northeast. no appreciation for good food......

seriously, sit down, junior
    does you momma tell you to sit down and STFU?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,044 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

Texas is a shithole.

It's an embarrassment that that despicable state is part of our nation.

I personally don't recognize them as such.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    does you momma tell you to sit down and STFU?
    no. but if she did, I would listen to her because i'm a good son.........unlike your disrespectful and traitorous waste of space

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Texas is a shithole.

It's an embarrassment that that despicable state is part of our nation.

I personally don't recognize them as such.
    then don't come down here looking for a job when they leave your communist state

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

no. but if she did, I would listen to her because i'm a good son.........unlike your disrespectful and traitorous waste of space
    only that way to a lying POS like you

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Texas Senate Passes Bill Banning Educators From Teaching KKK as ‘Morally Wrong"

"Texas Republicans in the State Senate passed a bill that would eliminate the requirement that made public schools teach that the Ku Klux Klan and white supremacy were “morally wrong.”

"Senate Bill 3 blocks schools from teaching about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, work from United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragists movement"

https://bnc.tv/texas-senate-passes-b...morally-wrong/
    https://www.statesman.com/story/news...sm/8027707002/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-klan-n1274610
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1886815.html

If one has a hard time trying to understand how imbeciles as Louie Gohmert can elected to Congress look no further than Texas

Can’t have your cake and eat it too. You can’t teach (Christian)religion, why should you be able to teach morality? Both are creeds, both are basically teaching right and wrong. Suck it up, buttercup.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

"Senate Bill 3 blocks schools from teaching about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, work from United Farm orkers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragists movement"
    It does not "block" anything, it just does not require it.

School curricula rarely involves teaching students what is moral. Teaching the facts usually results in students learning what was right and wrong.

It can't pass the House as long as they are out of state.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Sailor (07-22-2021)

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It does not "block" anything, it just does not require it.

School curricula rarely involves teaching students what is moral. Teaching the facts usually results in students learning what was right and wrong.

It can't pass the House as long as they are out of state.
    Teaching the facts is being banned under the new laws that say teaching facts about history is illegal is it causes "discomfort, guilt, anguish, or another form of psychological distress." So it would be illegal to say the KKK lynched Blacks.

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...s-history-wars

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Teaching the facts is being banned under the new laws that say teaching facts about history is illegal is it causes "discomfort, guilt, anguish, or another form of psychological distress." So it would be illegal to say the KKK lynched Blacks.
    I don't think teaching facts falls under them meaning of that law. I think it aims to prohibit teaching ideological viewpoints. Besides, what teachers do in the classroom often has little to do with state curricula guidelines.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Can’t have your cake and eat it too. You can’t teach (Christian)religion, why should you be able to teach morality? Both are creeds, both are basically teaching right and wrong. Suck it up, buttercup.
    fuck you. you can't teach slavery is wrong, bitch? that rounding up jews and gassing them is wrong? that denying black folks the right to eat at public diners and sleep in public motels is wrong, you sick ass goon?

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I don't think teaching facts falls under them meaning of that law. I think it aims to prohibit teaching ideological viewpoints. Besides, what teachers do in the classroom often has little to do with state curricula guidelines.
    There are many facts about slavery that are very discomfortable, and they want them banned. The idea is that only positives about their segment of America can be taught. It specifically bans facts.