Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95

Thread: "More Red-State Trouble, U.S. looks increasingly like two different countries"

  1. #61 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    22,659
    Thanks
    3,735
    Thanked 13,531 Times in 8,319 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,603 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    98.9% recovery rate. Get a life.
    35,216,594 cases

    617,000 dead

    next

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    guno (07-23-2021)

  3. #62 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    20,779
    Thanks
    67,186
    Thanked 10,868 Times in 6,916 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 1,192 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I'm sure glad Stretch is quoting an article by a fictional character. It really adds gravitas to the website.



    Vaccines are causing an outbreak. ROTFLFMAO!!!! Can anyone be that fucking stupid? I guess stretch can. If you are puzzled, maybe just think it through.
    stretch is a bible thumping loon
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white



    ברוך השם

  4. The Following User Groans At guno For This Awful Post:

    PostmodernProphet (07-23-2021)

  5. #63 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9,300
    Thanks
    950
    Thanked 3,721 Times in 2,671 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 484 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    The United States is very obviously two different nations trying with no success whatever to share the same borders and the same government.

    We seem to be choosing dystopia over partition, and we'll regret it for certain.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

  6. #64 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9,300
    Thanks
    950
    Thanked 3,721 Times in 2,671 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 484 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I'm kind of glad we are not one homogenous monstrosity of an Authoritarian State.
    I'm NOT. We're fucked because of it.

    The United States is very obviously two different nations trying with no success whatever to share the same borders and the same government.

    We seem to be choosing dystopia over partition, and we'll regret it for certain.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848

  7. #65 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    20,779
    Thanks
    67,186
    Thanked 10,868 Times in 6,916 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 1,192 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    35,216,594 cases

    617,000 dead

    next
    And the hospitals that couldn't treat heart attacks and strokes because resources being used for covid
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white



    ברוך השם

  8. #66 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    26,633
    Thanks
    30,100
    Thanked 16,358 Times in 11,280 Posts
    Groans
    1,032
    Groaned 877 Times in 835 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    35,216,594 cases

    617,000 dead

    next
    Still 98.9% recovery rate and better than the rest of the most-vaxxed countries in the world. Get a life.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.



  9. #67 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    12,861
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 4,580 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,303 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I simply give examples where we choose to accept risk and where we do not. And told you that I believe that even risk to me does not change this. I believe the government should educate rather than bootjack folks into something. If folks won't do what you want because they think the risk is worth it, then you are going to need to live with their decision. Vaccinate and protect yourself is my advice, because I do not believe you will be successful in your quest for authoritarian government forcing vaccinations and/or protection from the unvaccinated.

    I do not believe that Americans will be happy in a land of "show me your papers"...
    You think wrong. And no one is saying the government should mandate vaccines. That's a strawman. I would happily visit any restaurant, sporting event, movie theater, or other venue that banned the unvaccinated. It should be happening right now, and in your quest for 'Freedom' you have assured that it will. So congrats.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

    Joe Capitalist (07-23-2021)

  11. #68 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,978
    Thanks
    2,640
    Thanked 4,151 Times in 2,681 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 292 Times in 277 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Um... I have gotten the vaccine, I was one of the testers...

    I did that so you, yes you personally (and others like you), would not be so afraid. Fear is a mind killer, as you demonstrate here, nothing in this post says you are brilliant. I prefer to allow other folks, all folks really, to be able to choose what happens to their own bodies, even if it brings along with it some risk to me. Much like seatbelts and a zillion other things... I prefer to have risk over Authoritarian Government, and I will vote that way every single time.
    So, you have been vaccinated with the COVID vaccine. Whatever happened to "Living with danger"? And your excuse is so 'others' would not be afraid?
    BWWWAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Do you really expect me (and others like me) to believe that? That's got to be the
    lamest reason to get vaccinated in the history of the world. I could give a shit if you got vaccinated. No sweat off my balls. But keep believing that you getting vaccinated made me (and others like me - I'm assuming you mean other Americans) less afraid. Whatever helps you sleep at night, Damo.

    And where are all these 'Government Authoritarians' who are FORCING Americans to get vaccinated. Personally, the Government didn't have to tell me to get the vaccine.
    I got it as soon as it was available. Nobody forced me. I was one of the first in line. All this bullshit about Government Overreach is just a silly far right wing scare tactic.
    They never miss the chance to tell their minions that the Boogey Man is out to get them and they need RepubliQans to save them. Why? Because it works for them as their voters have proven over and over again.

    At least we agree about Authoritarian Governments. You know, the type of Government that King Trump was striving to achieve (and still is).

    au·thor·i·tar·i·an | əˌTHôrəˈterēən |
    adjective
    favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom: the transition from an authoritarian to a democratic regime.
    • showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial: he had an authoritarian and at times belligerent manner.
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

  12. #69 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,978
    Thanks
    2,640
    Thanked 4,151 Times in 2,681 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 292 Times in 277 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Still 98.9% recovery rate and better than the rest of the most-vaxxed countries in the world. Get a life.
    Get a life? 617,000 Americans dead! Tell them to Get a Life, Gomer.

    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

  13. #70 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    21,150
    Thanks
    11,059
    Thanked 10,197 Times in 7,100 Posts
    Groans
    179
    Groaned 347 Times in 341 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "More Red-State Trouble, U.S. looks increasingly like two different countries"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/07/b...states-us.html

    "Delta variant sweeps through states that dialed back health powers"
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...d-cases-500483

    "The Delta variant is hitting red states hardest as the US's vaccine divide widens"
    https://news.yahoo.com/delta-variant...132500281.html

    "As the Delta variant spreads, Republican reluctance will mean thousands more deaths"
    https://www.salon.com/2021/07/09/as-...s-more-deaths/

    "Delta Variant Now Accounts for 83% of U.S. Cases"
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...us-covid-cases

    And as an epitome of the stupidity behind it - “I’d rather have a dangerous freedom than a comfortable safety" - Arkansas state Sen. Trent Garner (https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...d-cases-500483)
    YES...BLACK AND WHITE, AS BLACKS REMAIN THE LARGEST % UNVACCINHATED DEMOGRAPHIC, FOLLOWED BY HISPANICS..


    RACIST MUCH???
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..


    De Oppresso Liber

  14. #71 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    79,832
    Thanks
    2,031
    Thanked 11,911 Times in 7,769 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 465 Times in 431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Your article is two and a half months old.
    And? I was simply giving the person an example of a story they may have wanted to post rather than a link that went nowhere. Seriously, do you think you made "gotcha" points here? I helped some dude find a link to a story that had a title much like his, that's it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  15. #72 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    79,832
    Thanks
    2,031
    Thanked 11,911 Times in 7,769 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 465 Times in 431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    So, you have been vaccinated with the COVID vaccine. Whatever happened to "Living with danger"? And your excuse is so 'others' would not be afraid?
    BWWWAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Do you really expect me (and others like me) to believe that? That's got to be the
    lamest reason to get vaccinated in the history of the world. I could give a shit if you got vaccinated. No sweat off my balls. But keep believing that you getting vaccinated made me (and others like me - I'm assuming you mean other Americans) less afraid. Whatever helps you sleep at night, Damo.

    And where are all these 'Government Authoritarians' who are FORCING Americans to get vaccinated. Personally, the Government didn't have to tell me to get the vaccine.
    I got it as soon as it was available. Nobody forced me. I was one of the first in line. All this bullshit about Government Overreach is just a silly far right wing scare tactic.
    They never miss the chance to tell their minions that the Boogey Man is out to get them and they need RepubliQans to save them. Why? Because it works for them as their voters have proven over and over again.

    At least we agree about Authoritarian Governments. You know, the type of Government that King Trump was striving to achieve (and still is).

    au·thor·i·tar·i·an | əˌTHôrəˈterēən |
    adjective
    favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom: the transition from an authoritarian to a democratic regime.
    • showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial: he had an authoritarian and at times belligerent manner.
    It's not an excuse it is reality. Regardless. I still support others right to reject it too. They are less afraid, my action was not for them.

    I've been through this argument before with another poster. My motivations may be different than yours, but they are understandable to anyone except a sociopath.

    I got to choose something, you get to choose something, the reason I do it whether or not you would for that same reason is not what is up for debate. That is what I support, folks get to choose.

    And the "Authoritarians" you can't find are the ones clapping over fascist rules in France and hoping for more of them here.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  16. #73 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    141,072
    Thanks
    43,572
    Thanked 23,782 Times in 18,462 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 18,938 Times in 17,548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    "More Red-State Trouble, U.S. looks increasingly like two different countries"

    Well I certainly HOPE so. Geeeeesh. Kind of senseless if people can't tell the difference and make choice. It's the American way. LOL


    You are insane


    You can’t admit you were wrong no matter how many truckloads of boulders of truth are dumped on your tiny brain



    Bot or not


    You are inhuman

  17. #74 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    141,072
    Thanks
    43,572
    Thanked 23,782 Times in 18,462 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 18,938 Times in 17,548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It's not an excuse it is reality. Regardless. I still support others right to reject it too. They are less afraid, my action was not for them.

    I've been through this argument before with another poster. My motivations may be different than yours, but they are understandable to anyone except a sociopath.

    I got to choose something, you get to choose something, the reason I do it whether or not you would for that same reason is not what is up for debate. That is what I support, folks get to choose.

    And the "Authoritarians" you can't find are the ones clapping over fascist rules in France and hoping for more of them here.
    But not one fucking word from you that the entire right was telling Americans lies to get them to make the worst choice


    Who’s the sociopath damo?

  18. #75 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,559
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 4,627 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 239 Times in 218 Posts

    Default

    Yes, one where there are urban enclaves of blue surrounded by huge swaths of lower population red...

    New York


    California


    Virginia

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble in paradise between "CorruptRump" and "Foxsnooze".
    By Tacomaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2020, 01:18 AM
  2. US "DEEP STATE" NOW IN VERY DEEP TROUBLE
    By Dachshynddawg in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2019, 12:25 AM
  3. "To hell with it": Trump increasingly weary of staff advice
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2018, 01:25 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2018, 04:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •