Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "More Red-State Trouble, U.S. looks increasingly like two different countries"

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    98.9% recovery rate. Get a life.
    35,216,594 cases

617,000 dead

next

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-23-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I'm sure glad Stretch is quoting an article by a fictional character. It really adds gravitas to the website.

Vaccines are causing an outbreak. ROTFLFMAO!!!! Can anyone be that fucking stupid? I guess stretch can. If you are puzzled, maybe just think it through.
    stretch is a bible thumping loon
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

4. The Following User Groans At Guno צְבִי For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (07-23-2021)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

The United States is very obviously two different nations trying with no success whatever to share the same borders and the same government.

We seem to be choosing dystopia over partition, and we'll regret it for certain.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I'm kind of glad we are not one homogenous monstrosity of an Authoritarian State.
    I'm NOT. We're fucked because of it.

The United States is very obviously two different nations trying with no success whatever to share the same borders and the same government.

We seem to be choosing dystopia over partition, and we'll regret it for certain.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    35,216,594 cases

617,000 dead

next
    And the hospitals that couldn't treat heart attacks and strokes because resources being used for covid
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    35,216,594 cases

617,000 dead

next
    Still 98.9% recovery rate and better than the rest of the most-vaxxed countries in the world. Get a life.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

I simply give examples where we choose to accept risk and where we do not. And told you that I believe that even risk to me does not change this. I believe the government should educate rather than bootjack folks into something. If folks won't do what you want because they think the risk is worth it, then you are going to need to live with their decision. Vaccinate and protect yourself is my advice, because I do not believe you will be successful in your quest for authoritarian government forcing vaccinations and/or protection from the unvaccinated.

I do not believe that Americans will be happy in a land of "show me your papers"...
    You think wrong. And no one is saying the government should mandate vaccines. That's a strawman. I would happily visit any restaurant, sporting event, movie theater, or other venue that banned the unvaccinated. It should be happening right now, and in your quest for 'Freedom' you have assured that it will. So congrats.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (07-23-2021)

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Um... I have gotten the vaccine, I was one of the testers...

I did that so you, yes you personally (and others like you), would not be so afraid. Fear is a mind killer, as you demonstrate here, nothing in this post says you are brilliant. I prefer to allow other folks, all folks really, to be able to choose what happens to their own bodies, even if it brings along with it some risk to me. Much like seatbelts and a zillion other things... I prefer to have risk over Authoritarian Government, and I will vote that way every single time.
    So, you have been vaccinated with the COVID vaccine. Whatever happened to "Living with danger"? And your excuse is so 'others' would not be afraid?
    BWWWAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Do you really expect me (and others like me) to believe that? That's got to be the
    lamest reason to get vaccinated in the history of the world. I could give a shit if you got vaccinated. No sweat off my balls. But keep believing that you getting vaccinated made me (and others like me - I'm assuming you mean other Americans) less afraid. Whatever helps you sleep at night, Damo.

And where are all these 'Government Authoritarians' who are FORCING Americans to get vaccinated. Personally, the Government didn't have to tell me to get the vaccine.
    I got it as soon as it was available. Nobody forced me. I was one of the first in line. All this bullshit about Government Overreach is just a silly far right wing scare tactic.
    They never miss the chance to tell their minions that the Boogey Man is out to get them and they need RepubliQans to save them. Why? Because it works for them as their voters have proven over and over again.

At least we agree about Authoritarian Governments. You know, the type of Government that King Trump was striving to achieve (and still is).

au·thor·i·tar·i·an | əˌTHôrəˈterēən |
    adjective
    favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom: the transition from an authoritarian to a democratic regime.
    • showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial: he had an authoritarian and at times belligerent manner.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Still 98.9% recovery rate and better than the rest of the most-vaxxed countries in the world. Get a life.
    Get a life? 617,000 Americans dead! Tell them to Get a Life, Gomer.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "More Red-State Trouble, U.S. looks increasingly like two different countries"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/07/b...states-us.html

"Delta variant sweeps through states that dialed back health powers"
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...d-cases-500483

"The Delta variant is hitting red states hardest as the US's vaccine divide widens"
    https://news.yahoo.com/delta-variant...132500281.html

"As the Delta variant spreads, Republican reluctance will mean thousands more deaths"
    https://www.salon.com/2021/07/09/as-...s-more-deaths/

"Delta Variant Now Accounts for 83% of U.S. Cases"
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...us-covid-cases

And as an epitome of the stupidity behind it - “I’d rather have a dangerous freedom than a comfortable safety" - Arkansas state Sen. Trent Garner (https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...d-cases-500483)
    YES...BLACK AND WHITE, AS BLACKS REMAIN THE LARGEST % UNVACCINHATED DEMOGRAPHIC, FOLLOWED BY HISPANICS..

RACIST MUCH???
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Your article is two and a half months old.
    And? I was simply giving the person an example of a story they may have wanted to post rather than a link that went nowhere. Seriously, do you think you made "gotcha" points here? I helped some dude find a link to a story that had a title much like his, that's it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    So, you have been vaccinated with the COVID vaccine. Whatever happened to "Living with danger"? And your excuse is so 'others' would not be afraid?
    BWWWAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Do you really expect me (and others like me) to believe that? That's got to be the
    lamest reason to get vaccinated in the history of the world. I could give a shit if you got vaccinated. No sweat off my balls. But keep believing that you getting vaccinated made me (and others like me - I'm assuming you mean other Americans) less afraid. Whatever helps you sleep at night, Damo.

And where are all these 'Government Authoritarians' who are FORCING Americans to get vaccinated. Personally, the Government didn't have to tell me to get the vaccine.
    I got it as soon as it was available. Nobody forced me. I was one of the first in line. All this bullshit about Government Overreach is just a silly far right wing scare tactic.
    They never miss the chance to tell their minions that the Boogey Man is out to get them and they need RepubliQans to save them. Why? Because it works for them as their voters have proven over and over again.

At least we agree about Authoritarian Governments. You know, the type of Government that King Trump was striving to achieve (and still is).

au·thor·i·tar·i·an | əˌTHôrəˈterēən |
    adjective
    favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom: the transition from an authoritarian to a democratic regime.
    • showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial: he had an authoritarian and at times belligerent manner.
    It's not an excuse it is reality. Regardless. I still support others right to reject it too. They are less afraid, my action was not for them.

I've been through this argument before with another poster. My motivations may be different than yours, but they are understandable to anyone except a sociopath.

I got to choose something, you get to choose something, the reason I do it whether or not you would for that same reason is not what is up for debate. That is what I support, folks get to choose.

And the "Authoritarians" you can't find are the ones clapping over fascist rules in France and hoping for more of them here.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

"More Red-State Trouble, U.S. looks increasingly like two different countries"

Well I certainly HOPE so. Geeeeesh. Kind of senseless if people can't tell the difference and make choice. It's the American way. LOL

You are insane

You can’t admit you were wrong no matter how many truckloads of boulders of truth are dumped on your tiny brain

Bot or not

You are inhuman

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's not an excuse it is reality. Regardless. I still support others right to reject it too. They are less afraid, my action was not for them.

I've been through this argument before with another poster. My motivations may be different than yours, but they are understandable to anyone except a sociopath.

I got to choose something, you get to choose something, the reason I do it whether or not you would for that same reason is not what is up for debate. That is what I support, folks get to choose.

And the "Authoritarians" you can't find are the ones clapping over fascist rules in France and hoping for more of them here.
    But not one fucking word from you that the entire right was telling Americans lies to get them to make the worst choice

Who’s the sociopath damo?

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Yes, one where there are urban enclaves of blue surrounded by huge swaths of lower population red...

New York

California

Virginia